Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should we keep CQ if we end up with 0 or 1 point in next WC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
    It is not he's mistake if we get 0 or 1 points, because CQ has told us this will happend and we not good prepaire at all like what he wanted.
    Guus Hiddink take on South Korea for World Cup 2002 and one of the condition of him was 1 year long all players working with him. Guus Hiddink told it was very difficult task and not easy job! Guus Hiddink told that it was a very difficult task how you bring a team from place 60 in FIFA to place 16 in the World! He told they first need to stop playing Malaysia, Thailand and other team but go far and playing team from West Europe like France. Guus Hiddink take South Korea and told that he had told he's players the first game must be a win for sucess at World Cup.
    That is what CQ wanted, but if we this time gets 0 or 1 points it is all the federation problems! Not CQ
    I hope that CQ stay for Asian Cup or until WC 2022 Qatar
    If CQ not be there I think*Winfried Schäfer would be a good replacement.
    To be fair, they didn't have qualifiers to worry about; which allowed them to use those dates for friendlies against european teams. And South Korea doesn't have the political/corruption issues Iran has had (and will continue to have for the foreseeable future). Also, their success at the World cup came down to some very questionable reffing.

Comment

No way Jose. Millions of Iranian men will have kept their shambools...CQ will go out Louis XVI style.
      EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

we should keep him since asian cup is super close

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
          Then why pay a world class coach 1.2 million euro every year, if we want to end up the last team of our group we can do that with Mayeli Kohan as well!
          What is the point of having a world class coach, if we can not use him properly? Do we need a person like CQ to show good result in Asian competition? or a person like Schafer is enough for our team to gain that purpose?
          No matter the coach, Iran is expected to lose to Spain and Portugal. They have significantly better players and organization.

The question is whether we want to look beyond the result. Do we want our team to play as well as possible and gain no points, or do we want to play like idiots (with Mayeli Kohan) and get no points?

The answer is clear: We get the best coach we can afford, we perform to our highest potential given the circumstances, and if another team is better, then we accept defeat like men. We do not pick a weak coach and risk missing the WC, or risk getting slaughtered simply because we aren't at the level to defeat Spain.

The key in life is to reach one's potential. No-one can do more.
          Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
            No matter the coach, Iran is expected to lose to Spain and Portugal. They have significantly better players and organization.

The question is whether we want to look beyond the result. Do we want our team to play as well as possible and gain no points, or do we want to play like idiots (with Mayeli Kohan) and get no points?

The answer is clear: We get the best coach we can afford, we perform to our highest potential given the circumstances, and if another team is better, then we accept defeat like men. We do not pick a weak coach and risk missing the WC, or risk getting slaughtered simply because we aren't at the level to defeat Spain.

The key in life is to reach one's potential. No-one can do more.
            The thing is though... I'm not sure this dollar store Mourinho IS the best we can get with that much money.

CQ is already blaming the "lack of friendlies" as an excuse! Costa Rica didn't have spectacular friendlies before the 2014 world cup and they managed to pull through toughest group all the way to the quarter-finals. Algeria also had shit preparation and they managed to make it out of their group and get respectable results against Belgium and Germany.

The dude is just to here to collect a paycheck and will blame everyone else for his failures because he knows Iranians and their whiteboy worshiping ways will buy into it his excuses.

Comment

We have a much better team and preparations than 4 years ago and CQ has pretty much gotten

His way this time around with IFF and after being with the TM for 7 years

We need to at least beat Morocco and get 3 points or I believe it is time for a new beginning with a new coach.

Comment

Maybe we can get a better coach, but I'd be surprised. Iran is a difficult place to live and work.

I don't think we can call him a 'dollar store Mourinho'. Sir Alex Ferguson and many other Man U players think he's incredible. They know more than us.

I don't think money motivates him. He's already earned buckets of money. His passion and fire is unmistakable.

Iran probably would have won AC2015 but for some silly Williams brain aneurysm. Iran is now clearly the best team in Asia, and has been so for a long time. I don't expect us to be better than Spain or Portugal. I expect us to give them a hard fight, and once in a while, pull a surprise result.

For every Costa Rica you raise, I could mention various other similar sides who went down in flames and don't have Keylor Navas sitting in goal. We have Beiranvand.
                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

It would be ridiculous to measure 7 years of work to 3 games in the WC....what CQ has done for TM and Iranian Football is much larger than that so I’m really not a fan of his job being contingent on the results we get in the toughest group of the WC.

We all know CQ is going to be really hard to replace and maybe is even irreplaceable. Most coaches of his caliber won’t deal with most of the nonsense CQ has had to over the years which is why he is so valuable for us.

That being said I personally would like to see CQ stay until the AC but on the other hand, it wouldn’t be awful for us to use our contention for an AC title as an attraction for another good foreign replacement. With Taj as president I’m not worried about us finding a decent foreign replacement......but we all know it’s going to be REALLY hard to replace CQ.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

yes because if we get 0 points, it's not his fault. he already overachieved by getting us there. it's just that our team isn't better than Spain, Morocco and Portugal so 0 points is not a disaster at all

Comment

Beh sari keh dard nemikoneh dastmal nemibandand!
                      __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                      We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                        yes because if we get 0 points, it's not his fault. he already overachieved by getting us there. it's just that our team isn't better than Spain, Morocco and Portugal so 0 points is not a disaster at all
                        personallie I teenk Espania good, Portoghal good, Marakesh not so good, but EERAN Number VONE!
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

We need to keep him until the asian cup, its 6 months after the WC, there wont be time for another manager to come in and build the team. After the asian cup we can decide wether to keep him or not based on his results
                          Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                          http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                          [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                          Villa + Messi =

Comment

Hadi

Really bro we are not even better than Morroco ?????

Yes I think we are and should beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              Hadi
                              Really bro we are not even better than Morroco ?????
                              Yes I think we are and should beat them.
                              Morroco is better than us for sure.

Playing in a much more stronger confederation (CAF > AFC) and having half of their players playing in top tier leagues in Europe, they are at least on paper stronger than Iran.
                              This doesn't mean we don't have a chance though!
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Iran is ranked 32 and Morroco is 41 so on paper Iran should be favored right ????

Although the fifa rankings don’t mean much anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X