Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andranik Teymourian be called up again as an answer to our DM problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ata View Post
    Mehdi Kiani (Traktor Sazi) is a low life, he pulled a knife against a teammate, we dont need that kind if players in TM
    I guess he may not be the killer we need to rip our opponents apart. He might take it literally according to your statement.

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
      Sure, but to be honest the real reason why he was called up to TM was because he was an overseas player. Now that he is not playing abroad its supposed to be fair game for all DM's plying their trade in Iran, but that is not really happening. Sepahan hasn't really been performing in the league this year, and there is a very slim chance that they could get relegated. Siah Jamegan is definitely one of the teams that will be gone, but the last team for relegation is pending with 4 games to go (a total of 12 pts). An underperforming team like Sepahan with a player like Karimi, does not look like an ideal role for a starter against Morocco, Spain and Portugal.

We need witty and physical DM's against these teams. Ando maybe witty, but he has no physical shape that is worth TM at the moment or the right team to shape him.

Other options we can look at (players who were not part of the recent list):

1- Ahmad Abdollahzadeh (Foolad) - Fast, strong, and witty. Almost had the opportunity to become the next player abroad. Plays regularly and had experiences as part of U23/20 TM as a regular.

2- Kamal Kamyabinia (Persepolis) - Plays in the best team in the league. Physically and mentally strong with experiences in youth TM & ACL.

3- Omid Nourafkan (Esteghlal) - Young talented player with some experience, and can also be considered a utility player. Experienced in ACL. Also still elligble for U23 TM.

4- Mehdi Kiani (Traktor Sazi) - Captains a dynamic sarbazi team that changes almost every season with new challenges of its own. Very experienced and adaptable to change, and physically strong against opponents. Has some international experiences while playing in ACL.

5- Iman Mobali (Foolad) - Experienced player for both TM and PGL. Better shape than Ando, great crosses, and playing regulary for Foolad. Had a couple stints abroad in Persian Gulf states, including a good performance against Lyon while playing abroad.
      Idk if you watched the Iran-Montenegro friendly but Karimi showed his class there.

Comment

If I was CQ, I would invite Andranik and tell him to play the game of his life (put everything he has left in the tank) vs. Morocco as Ezatolahi is injured.

The great thing about Ando is that he is a team leader on the field as well.

Comment

I agree Ando should be considered, but calls for him to start vs morocco are too presumptuous. We need CQ and Staff to assess his fitness level. Last time I saw him earlier this year he looked fat and slow. If he gets on the regimen of a lifetime, to get as fit as possible to play the best 70 mins of his life, then it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
            If I was CQ, I would invite Andranik and tell him to play the game of his life (put everything he has left in the tank) vs. Morocco as Ezatolahi is injured.

I like ando and think very highly of him. But how old is he? 35? There is no incentive like young players who would squeeze every last drop of everything they have to shine so much that all top clubs would line up to sign them up? This is the case for every player in every team at the world stage. So the competition is surly fierce and there is no room for tired legs and at that age even if you do well you won't get any lucrative long contracts. Much respect to Ando though. If he is fit to compete at that level then why not?
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Should Andranik Teymourian be called up again as an answer to our DM problem?

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
              I like ando and think very highly of him. But how old is he? 35? There is no incentive like young players who would squeeze every last drop of everything they have to shine so much that all top clubs would line up to sign them up? This is the case for every player in every team at the world stage. So the competition is surly fierce and there is no room for tired legs and at that age even if you do well you won't get any lucrative long contracts. Much respect to Ando though. If he is fit to compete at that level then why not?
              It’s about getting the results at the World Cup. Young players can always gain experience during friendlies, qualifiers and such. Maldini was 42 when he retired for Milan as a defender, age is not an issue here.

We need our best players in Russia and IMO Teymourian is still one of the best and most experienced midfielders you have. EPL, World Cup, AC and ACL experience. What more could you ask for. Ebrahimi and Karimi don’t have that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                It’s about getting the results at the World Cup. Young players can always gain experience during friendlies, qualifiers and such. Maldini was 42 when he retired for Milan as a defender, age is not an issue here.

We need our best players in Russia and IMO Teymourian is still one of the best and most experienced midfielders you have. EPL, World Cup, AC and ACL experience. What more could you ask for. Ebrahimi and Karimi don’t have that.
                yes but have you seen the guy play for the last two years ? Do you know what type of form he is in? I dont think any PFDC member has watched his club matches closely, I saw one where he looked overweight and slow and kept giving the ball away. IF he is fit and in form, yes, by all means he should be considered. But as we dont know if that is the case, we shouldnt just be saying , " Yes he needs to start"

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  yes but have you seen the guy play for the last two years ? Do you know what type of form he is in? I dont think any PFDC member has watched his club matches closely, I saw one where he looked overweight and slow and kept giving the ball away. IF he is fit and in form, yes, by all means he should be considered. But as we dont know if that is the case, we shouldnt just be saying , " Yes he needs to start"
                  Last time I checked on transfermarkt he was often playing for Gostaresh roughly 90 minutes most of the time. He can follow a strict training program in order to get ready for the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ata View Post
                    Mehdi Kiani (Traktor Sazi) is a low life, he pulled a knife against a teammate, we dont need that kind if players in TM
                    Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

He just needs to train hard and get back in from. If I were him and still had the desire and urge to play for TM, I would hire a personal trainer and train immensely. His main barrier right now is his fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                      Idk if you watched the Iran-Montenegro friendly but Karimi showed his class there.
                      I'm not saying he is a bad player, but not performing well in recent games just like Ando. They are both great players, but need to perform well against our opponents especially when the stakes are high. Friendlies aren't competitive games unfortunately, unless the opponents were bigger teams or powerhouses.

Comment

No doubt, it'd be a huge boost to our CDM if he is fit enough to play against Morocco next to Hajsafi

Comment

Ando said, he likes to be in the world cup for the third time! .. he should have said, he is ready to help TM if called upon!

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                            I'm not saying he is a bad player, but not performing well in recent games just like Ando. They are both great players, but need to perform well against our opponents especially when the stakes are high. Friendlies aren't competitive games unfortunately, unless the opponents were bigger teams or powerhouses.
                            He had one bad game against Tunisia, and so did everyone else minus Beiranvand.

Comment

Na. Khooneyeh khaleh nist.

Comment

I'm just wondering, could either Ghaffouri or Rezaeian play CDM? I think they're both better defensively and have a better work rate than our current back ups to Ezatollahi.

Comment

Working...
                                X