Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Andranik Teymourian be called up again as an answer to our DM problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to look at younger players. I am sure even Ando agrees with this.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      He was one of the best Asian midfielders back in his Bolton days, man those were wonderful times to see a legionnaire shine for a Premier League team. Ando was highly respected by English fans.
      early on his overall game was pretty rough on the edges but i never seen a TM player with better Stamina and work-rate..!! it be 90th minute and this guy is still running all over the pitch as if the Ref has just whistled play-on...!! he was freak of nature on the Stamina front... as if he had 10 lungs..!!
      indeed he was a good match for the English football..! unfortunately when Big Sam left the club the replacement coach didnt give him any reasonable chance to retain his place and he ran into work-permit issues trying to follow big sam to his next club in England and so he returned back to ME and PGL football from there on..!! like Neku his form and fitness fluctuated somewhat frequently in his older years also some injuries sidelined him from TM from time to time too..!! im fairly certain CQ only omitting him because he doesnt think he has the Fitness to carry on his demands on the pitch..!!

any PGL followers here ? who could elaborate on his more recent form and fitness..??

Comment

ando should try him for the uzbekistan and syria friendlies,

Comment

I like Ando but I think it is very late for him. He has lost form and the age has caught up with him. His leadership is not good but as a part of the team he could help us a lot if he was a couple years younger. The hole that has been created in our DM/CM position after departure of Ali Karimi and Javad Nekounam, has not been filled yet. Maby someone like Dejagah could fill the gap but his injuries makes him also a temporary option at best.
          Last edited by PersianLegion; 03-26-2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            He was one of the best Asian midfielders back in his Bolton days, man those were wonderful times to see a legionnaire shine for a Premier League team. Ando was highly respected by English fans.
            I loved watching him and saw him live, but bro the golden spell for him during his games for bolton was as a selection of fantastic substitute performances and a great brace against Wigan. I think scoring 2 against their local rivals made the fans love him as well as his amazing work-rate when he came on. His brace against Doncaster in the FA cup was also great. But all of this game during just one season.

He only had 13 starts for Bolton in the end. Still better than Bagheri for Charlton, but I'm just waiting for the day that we have an Iranian footballer in the premier league who can have a consistent role like Son, Park, Ki, Yoshida, Okazaki etc....

Still our high watermark for our midfielders (and legionnaires in general) is Mahdavikia for consistently playing almost 300 games in the bundesliga, being his teams' player of the season x2, top assists in the league, hamburg's team of the century, Champions League other-worldly performance against Juventus which blew my mind. Nekounam is probably in second, but his accolades don't really compare to Kia.

Comment

Should Andranik Teymourian be called up again as an answer to our DM problem?

Considering how young and inexperienced this team is we need a veteran player like ando, he was always a great leader in the pitch and also proved in the Asian cup that his fighting spirit can pull the team together something we are now lacking with other veteran players like hosseini deja and shojaie

Back in 2014, if we had ali karimi, his presence would have brought so much confidence to the team especially in the game against Argentina his skills would change the paste of the game,
              NOW Ando can be that Ali Karimi we need!

I am sure Ando will be few heads and shoulders above these new young lads CQ is trying out and getting no results

Ezzatollahi can come in against spain, but we need Morroco crushed and ando can be the man we need to lock in that midfield belt

Also Dejagah’s recovery is still unknown and his form for the world cup will be another unknown
              چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I don't think we have a DM problem.
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I don't think he can keep up physically anymore, his main attribute was his physical strength and sharpness and now that it's less due to aging i don't think it's wise to include him in the list. Same goes for Dejagah to be honest. Players need to be super fit to play in the world cup. If Ando can somehow manage to become 70% of his younger days, i think he can play only in the Morocco game as replacement for Ezatolahi. I reckon with Ezatolahi, Hajsafi, Ebrahimi and Abdollazadeh and maybe Cheshmi we are fine for the DM positions, especially since we're going to play with two defensive midfielders. I would exclude Ali Karimi, he is not good enough imo

Comment

IMO he should be tested in next two friendly matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
                      IMO he should be tested in next two friendly matches.
                      Umm No

Comment

sorry but this has to be the dumbest thread. and just wow at how many voted yes. makes more sense to test shekari...

Comment

Originally posted by amirfigo View Post
                          sorry but this has to be the dumbest thread. and just wow at how many voted yes. makes more sense to test shekari...
                          might as well call back nekounam and wizard ali karimi too lol... we need to learn how to let go of the past and rely on our future players.

Comment

Ali Karimi has played well in almost all of his TM games and just because he had a bad game against Tunisia doesn't mean that we have a DM problem. He will play as DM against Morocco alongside Hajsafi who had a great game as CM today.

Comment

He might be able to come but he needs to play games before he goes to TM, and he is his teams captain, and he was one of Iran’s best players in the past so probably yes

Comment

Despite what people think, Cheshmi is the best fill in for Saeid. Only guy that can bring the physical aspect that we desperately need.
                                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                                X