Eredivise or RPL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eredivise or RPL?

This is a topic that is very heavily debated here on the forums. Which league do you prefer our players to go to and why?

For me, I will say for our younger players I personally like eredivise due to the fact that young players make up most of the league so there is always plenty of chances for young players to play and also I think it’s easier for our players to adapt (football-wise).

Our next legionnaires (hopefully), guys like Torabi, Cheshmi, PAG, etc. will likely have a number of offers from teams in these 2 leagues after the WC. Where do you like to see them go?
    Eredivise
    0%
    Russian Premier League
    0%
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

For younger players: Leagues that develop young players
    Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland

For 27+ year old players: Result-orientated leagues
    Greece, Russia, (Turkey)

Comment

eredivise is much better, alot of thier good players go EPL

Comment

RPL is much higher up in UEFA's league rankings. Case closed

Comment

For attacking pace players that are developing, Holland is better.
          For developed players who are defense oriented, physical, Russia is better

There's a reason why we see Russian clubs make it farther in UEFA competitions

Comment

Easy. For players 24 and younger (especially attacking players), Eredivisie is better.

For players older than 24 (especially defensive and midfield players), RPL is better.

Comment

There’s no question that the RPL is a stronger and more difficult league.

We see that a weak ass team like AZ with one or two good players can be 3rd in the Eredivisie and gets absolutely wrecked by continental teams.

Russia for instance has its teams up to fourth or fifth place successful in euro comps

Eg Krasnodar, Rostov, etc etc

But I do think that young players in attacking positions should go to Eredivisie. It’s a better place for them.

For defenders and even midfielders I think RPL is at a higher level of intensity.

It’s obviously not hard to be a defender in Eredivisie, 90% of them are trash

Mohammadi for instance, developed way more as a defender then he would have in Eredivisie.

And attacking players like azmoun or shekari would be better off starting in the Eredivisie.

However the Eredivisie has really fallen off the last few years

Belgian division is like a better version of the Eredivisie, better players, better defense, more intensity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

If Jahanbakhsh actually goes to Napoli or a World-Class team I'll go with Eredivise, but for now RPL. As this is post is asking which would you prefer to see our players play in, not who's stronger.

Comment

Eredivisie is a feeder league for the likes of Everton and stoke city. Nuff said.

Comment

at first as your title is a bit misleading, i would have clicked rpl as one would read your question as "which one is better/stronger". there shouldnt be a discussion as its obvious about that. but i would prefer them to go to holland because of their history of building young players

Comment

I can only trust Kiarash’s opinion on this matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Eredivisie has a very rich history in European football. It is a much stronger league offensive and talent wise, case closed.

Russia is basically the Qatar of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          The Eredivisie has a very rich history in European football. It is a much stronger league offensive and talent wise, case closed.

Russia is basically the Qatar of Europe.
                          Have to disagree here.

Eredivisie these days is very poor. The same AZ Alkmaar that AJB plays for lost 10-2 or similar in aggregate to Lyon just last season. Lyon, who are to host the EL final this year, were eliminated to CSKA (who are not even top in their league) last week. Not to mention Ajax went out to bloody Rosenberg, PSV last year to Rostov.

Yea Eredivisie is definitely more fun to watch than RPL, but it doesn't say much. I'm a lot more cool on AJB's abilities and actual level, until he can show case it in a much better league with better defense.

A 37 year old Dirk Kuyt (who has been finished as a top class player since 2013) won the golden boot last year, after all. If RPL is Qatar of Europe, then Eredivise is Tajikistan of Europe. Fun games to watch, but completely hopeless when confronted by proper teams.

Comment

For Offensive play, Eredivisie is better place to develop but defensively and for developing physical strength, RPL is better.

Comment

Eredivise or RPL?

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                              Have to disagree here.

Eredivisie these days is very poor. The same AZ Alkmaar that AJB plays for lost 10-2 or similar in aggregate to Lyon just last season. Lyon, who are to host the EL final this year, were eliminated to CSKA (who are not even top in their league) last week. Not to mention Ajax went out to bloody Rosenberg, PSV last year to Rostov.

Yea Eredivisie is definitely more fun to watch than RPL, but it doesn't say much. I'm a lot more cool on AJB's abilities and actual level, until he can show case it in a much better league with better defense.

A 37 year old Dirk Kuyt (who has been finished as a top class player since 2013) won the golden boot last year, after all. If RPL is Qatar of Europe, then Eredivise is Tajikistan of Europe. Fun games to watch, but completely hopeless when confronted by proper teams.
                              But Ajax was in the Europa League final last year and they have been in the 90’s. PSV and Feyenoord were also top class back then. Countless legends like Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Stam have been produced.

Russian teams never ever reached the final of either Europa League and Champions League. It is a money driven league.

Comment

Working...
                              X