Significant Defenders in our History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
    How come lol? From what I remember he was one of the most consistent defenders we had. He played in Italy for years. He was very solid. I honestly don't remember anyone better than him in recent years. Golmohammadi wasn't bad either!
    agreed. he actually went on to play in Serie A for years and he was fix player.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

From now on my response to anyone inquiring about a player who doesn't meet the poll criteria will be this:

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        From now on my response to anyone inquiring about a player who doesn't meet the poll criteria will be this:

Comment

Look at the first post for the criteria.
          Criteria is plural form of criterion, which your first post has none of.

"Which of these defenders do you consider as significant in our soccer history?" is a question not a criterion. But I guess you meant being significant is what you mean as a criterion for the list. Which you haven't defined (refer to my earlier question of what you consider significant and the missing names).

"If you feel like I have left out anyone from our pre Melbourne years, or mistakenly listed any of these players as a defender, please let me know." is not a criterion but a request to review your selection. But I guess you meant that the player must have been active from before the World Cup 98 qualification game in Melbourne. Which makes Khakpour a valid contender as he was active before the "Melbourne years" (depending on what you consider years. 2 or 200).

Notwithstanding the above, and being lenient and considering the two points above as criteria for making the list then the fact that your list is not including the best fullback that we have had, Talebi, is still valid. Or is one of the criteria the fact that you meant Center Backs and not Sweepers, libros, fullbacks etc.?

Good poll though, looking forward to the list of the midfield and forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
            Criteria is plural form of criterion, which your first post has none of.
            "Which of these defenders do you consider as significant in our soccer history?" is a question not a criterion. But I guess you meant being significant is what you mean as a criterion for the list. Which you haven't defined (refer to my earlier question of what you consider significant and the missing names).
            "If you feel like I have left out anyone from our pre Melbourne years, or mistakenly listed any of these players as a defender, please let me know." is not a criterion but a request to review your selection. But I guess you meant that the player must have been active from before the World Cup 98 qualification game in Melbourne. Which makes Khakpour a valid contender as he was active before the "Melbourne years" (depending on what you consider years. 2 or 200).
            Notwithstanding the above, and being lenient and considering the two points above as criteria for making the list then the fact that your list is not including the best fullback that we have had, Talebi, is still valid. Or is one of the criteria the fact that you meant Center Backs and not Sweepers, libros, fullbacks etc.?
            Good poll though, looking forward to the list of the midfield and forwards.
            Khakpour played pre 97 but he is mostly known for post 97.
            You may be right about Talebi. I just didn't know enough about him to feel comfortable including him.
            Also I've already posted the thread for midfielders and forwards. They should be on the second or third page.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Have a read at this

http://90tv.ir/news/404510/%D9%86%D9...B9%DA%A9%D8%B3

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                Awesome read. It brought back memories. Thanks.

Comment

I unsuccessfully tried to find a cartoon I had seen about him after the 1968 Asian Championship. In the final Iran defeated Israel 2-1 where the 1st goal was disputed as not having crossed the line. The Israelis protested after the goal and after the final whistle and refused to leave the field for the trophy ceremonies. The cartoon depicted Arab (obviously chosen for his last name) asking the Israeli team why they weren't leaving the pitch to which they responded something along the lines of they have a habit of not leaving places they visit.
                  Found it.

Comment

If you are talking about central defenders my choices base on consistency and longevity since 80 are:
                    1. Panjali
                    2. Jalal Hosseini
                    3.Golmohammadi
                    Obviously. There are other names who shined in TM for some period of time(Pashazadeh, Nader Mohammad Khani, Ghasempour), but they lacked consistency or were the victim of injuries.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      If you are talking about central defenders my choices base on consistency and longevity since 80 are:
                      1. Panjali
                      2. Jalal Hosseini
                      3.Golmohammadi
                      Obviously. There are other names who shined in TM for some period of time(Pashazadeh, Nader Mohammad Khani, Ghasempour), but they lacked consistency or were the victim of injuries.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                      Panjali is appropriate for this thread. The rest are not.

Comment

Panjali is appropriate for this thread. The rest are not.
                        Why not? What is your measurement stick? Your thread is kind of wrong man, you need to compare apple with apple, you can't compare CB with RB or left.

Regarding appropriate or not, both Yahya and Hosseini dominated the back line between 5 to 10 years. Enough to put them in elite category.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          Why not? What is your measurement stick? Your thread is kind of wrong man, you need to compare apple with apple, you can't compare CB with RB or left.

Regarding appropriate or not, both Yahya and Hosseini dominated the back line between 5 to 10 years. Enough to put them in elite category.
                          Look at the first post.

Comment

The best defender in my knowleged during my time was Rahman Rezaie. He was the only defender that played in top league in Europe (Serie A) for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ata View Post
                              Rahman Rezaei
                              Hadi Aghili
                              Nader Mohammadkhani
                              Mehdi Pashazadeh
                              Hadi Aghili was good, until he went through his phase with Carlos Q.

Comment

Majid Halvaei was a beast and one of the top 5 defenders prior to 1997.
                                This Color
                                Italy, EsEs, Chelsea, Lakers

Comment

Working...
                                X