Significant Defenders in our History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
    Mostafa Arab is a legend, both on and off the pitch. Pure class.
    I unsuccessfully tried to find a cartoon I had seen about him after the 1968 Asian Championship. In the final Iran defeated Israel 2-1 where the 1st goal was disputed as not having crossed the line. The Israelis protested after the goal and after the final whistle and refused to leave the field for the trophy ceremonies. The cartoon depicted Arab (obviously chosen for his last name) asking the Israeli team why they weren't leaving the pitch to which they responded something along the lines of they have a habit of not leaving places they visit.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
      What am I missing lol!
      The first post.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Rahman Rezaei
        Hadi Aghili
        Nader Mohammadkhani
        Mehdi Pashazadeh

Comment

Originally posted by Ata View Post
          Rahman Rezaei
          Hadi Aghili
          Nader Mohammadkhani
          Mehdi Pashazadeh
          Most of your selections do not belong in this thread.

Comment

scoring an own goal and causing elimination of Iran at semi-final can be taken as significant too, right?

also where is Hassan Habbibi?

Comment

Why no Kazerani?
              And where is Nader Mohammadkhani?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                scoring an own goal and causing elimination of Iran at semi-final can be taken as significant too, right?

also where is Mohebbi?
                Even without scoring that own goal we would have been eliminated.

Comment

no, we were up by a goal, when shahin bayani scored the own goal., very close to the end of the match
                  sending us to penalties

btw, I meant Habbibi (not mohebi)

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Why no Kazerani?
                    And where is Nader Mohammadkhani?
                    Kazerani I considered but decided he wasn't on par with the rest. Mohammadkhani wasn't in the running. He was solid but not memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      no, we were up by a goal, when shahin bayani scored the own goal., very close to the end of the match
                      sending us to penalties

btw, I meant Habbibi (not mohebi)
                      I thought you were talking about Eskandarian. Shahin's own goal aside, he had a stellar career.
                      Habibi was good but others were better imo.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        Yes no Khakpour for obvious reasons.
                        Perhaps it's better to give a brief explanation/motivation of your thoughts/opinion instead of being brief with the risk of sounding condescending for no reason. Just a thought

And what do you mean by"significant"? You mean good?

In that case Khakpour is definitely a contender as not only is he being regarded as one of the best we had by the TM players themselves, but he got highly praised by European commentators and football analysts. Mainly for always scoring a 7 even if he didn't have a good day and that he was a look ways calm and brings calmness to the rest of the team.

Another person missing from your list is Talebi, not only was he the best full back that we had, (not my opinion but he was chosen so many times by multiple polls etc.) he was also very significant in terms of ruining our chances in 98 as head coach......

And if by significant you don't mean "good" then Kaebi should be on top of that list as who else karate kicked one of the football legends of this world in the face, broke the arm of the poor Angolan player with his tackle, fought with opponents despite not even be half their size etc

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                          Perhaps it's better to give a brief explanation/motivation of your thoughts/opinion instead of being brief with the risk of sounding condescending for no reason. Just a thought

And what do you mean by"significant"? You mean good?

In that case Khakpour is definitely a contender as not only is he being regarded as one of the best we had by the TM players themselves, but he got highly praised by European commentators and football analysts. Mainly for always scoring a 7 even if he didn't have a good day and that he was a look ways calm and brings calmness to the rest of the team.

Another person missing from your list is Talebi, not only was he the best full back that we had, (not my opinion but he was chosen so many times by multiple polls etc.) he was also very significant in terms of ruining our chances in 98 as head coach......

And if by significant you don't mean "good" then Kaebi should be on top of that list as who else karate kicked one of the football legends of this world in the face, broke the arm of the poor Angolan player with his tackle, fought with opponents despite not even be half their size etc
                          Look at the first post for the criteria.

Comment

Rahman Rezaei is the only Iranian defender I can think of that had a successful career in a top European league. How is he not on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                              Rahman Rezaei is the only Iranian defender I can think of that had a successful career in a top European league. How is he not on the list?
                              Look at the first post for the criteria.

Comment

Rahman Rezaei is best defender of all time. He is the only defender that I know that actually left IRAN for Serie A.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Working...
                                X