Significant Midfielders in our History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant Midfielders in our History

Which of these midfielders do you consider as significant in our soccer history? Vote for as many or as few as you want/know about. If you do not know about all of them, I advise you to look them up instead of blindly voting/not voting for a player. If you feel like I have left out anyone from our pre Melbourne years, or mistakenly listed any of these players as a midfielder, please let me know.
    I will do similar threads using my lists for other positions on the field.
    Parviz Dehdari
    0%
    Parviz Ghelichkhani
    0%
    Ali Jabbari
    0%
    Ali Parvin
    0%
    Mohammad Sadeghi
    0%
    Ebrahim Ghasempour
    0%
    Iraj Danaeifard
    0%
    Abdoreza Barzegari
    0%
    Hamid Derakhshan
    0%
    Shahrokh Bayani
    0%
    Mehdi Abtahi
    0%
    Sirous Ghayeghran
    0%
    None of them
    0%
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

I voted for Ghelich, Jabbari, Parvin, Danaeifard and Ghayeghran. All legendary midfielders.

It is a dream team even today to have Ghelich, soltan Jabbari and parvin in one team and our early 70s TM had them. Must have been the best midfield line up in our history. Too bad Jabbari and Ghelich didn't play in 1978. We could have gone to the next round.

Comment

All the respect to Parvin which I voted for too, but it's amazing that a player like Ghelichkhani has gotten so few votes so far!

I thought he'd topped them all.

Ghayeghran (whom on the contrary to the above mentioned players, was playing in my time)......what an amazing player! On and off the field.

The only player from post 1996 era whom I think belongs to this list is sir Karim Bagheri!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        All the respect to Parvin which I voted for too, but it's amazing that a player like Ghelichkhani has gotten so few votes so far!

I thought he'd topped them all.

Ghayeghran (whom on the contrary to the above mentioned players, was playing in my time)......what an amazing player! On and off the field.

The only player from post 1996 era whom I think belongs to this list is sir Karim Bagheri!
        I don't think the low votes for Ghelichkhani is because people don't rate him high. They simply don't know him. He was an absolute beast. He scored in the Asian Games, Asian Championship and Olympics. The only competition he didn't score in was the World Cup and only because he wasn't on the roster due to political reasons.
        By the way Roshan is the only Iranian who has scored in all 4 of these tournaments.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
          I voted for Ghelich, Jabbari, Parvin, Danaeifard and Ghayeghran. All legendary midfielders.

It is a dream team even today to have Ghelich, soltan Jabbari and parvin in one team and our early 70s TM had them. Must have been the best midfield line up in our history. Too bad Jabbari and Ghelich didn't play in 1978. We could have gone to the next round.
          Don't forget Mazloomi as well for the World Cup omissions. Also add to that Roshan not fully recovering from injury. The 1978 lineup could have made it to the final 8.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            Don't forget Mazloomi as well for the World Cup omissions. Also add to that Roshan not fully recovering from injury. The 1978 lineup could have made it to the final 8.
            Definitely. If all the best players could make it to the roaster the likes of Faraki and Ghasempour wouldn't have played in the starting 11 and we had a much stronger team.

Comment

i remember a little from Parvin... he was somewhat of a kootoole but stocky and strong and poised on the ball and he sure could distribute it around like worldbeater #10
              he was my childhood local football hero .... dont recall the rest of these lot ..!
              but heard much raving reviews from oldies about ghelich and ghayeghran

Comment

i would say overall of football and outside of football, is ghelichkani, he was always against shah, and got banned from TM , he remind me of shojaei, not scared to speak his mind, ali parvin was great, but after revolution ali parvin became very big,

Comment

Karim Bagheri was great, too.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                    He's not on the list for obvious reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                      He looks like a suspicious person.

Comment

These are typical KC troll polls and questions. His next thread will be about "significant right wing" players without Mahdavikia and Jahanbakhsh.
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                          These are typical KC troll polls and questions. His next thread will be about "significant right wing" players without Mahdavikia and Jahanbakhsh.
                          Of course. These are pre-96 players whom are not so very known by most members here. I think his posts are educational.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            Of course. These are pre-96 players whom are not so very known by most members here. I think his posts are educational.
                            Perhaps more educational than intended. Not only can we discuss and learn about our past players, but also learn about what is and isn't trolling and the meaning of the phrase "pre Melbourne" that was in the very first post of the thread.

Comment

Beard game on point

Comment

Working...
                              X