Significant Forwards in our History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Significant Forwards in our History

Which of these forwards do you consider as significant in our soccer history? Vote for as many or as few as you want/know about. If you do not know about all of them, I advise you to look them up instead of blindly voting/not voting for a player. If you feel like I have left out anyone from our pre Melbourne years, or mistakenly listed any of these players as a forward, please let me know.
    I will do similar threads using my lists for other positions on the field.
    Amir Masoud Boroomand
    0%
    Abbas Hajari
    0%
    Hamid Shirzadegan
    0%
    Homayoun Behzadi
    0%
    Hossein Kalani
    0%
    Akbar Eftekhari
    0%
    Safar Iranpak
    0%
    Gholam Hossein Mazloomi
    0%
    Hasan Roshan
    0%
    Alireza Khorshidi
    0%
    Behtash Fariba
    0%
    Hossein Faraki
    0%
    Hamid Alidoosti
    0%
    Naser Mohammadkhani
    0%
    Abdol Ali Changiz
    0%
    Farshad Pious
    0%
    Karim Bavi
    0%
    None of them
    0%
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Originally posted by KC McElroy
    Which of these forwards do you consider as significant in our soccer history? Vote for as many or as few as you want/know about. If you do not know about all of them, I advise you to look them up instead of blindly voting/not voting for a player. If you feel like I have left out anyone from our pre Melbourne years, or mistakenly listed any of these players as a forward, please let me know.
    I will do similar threads using my lists for other positions on the field.
    why isnt Ali daei name not there?he is the one who put iran football on world map

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      why isnt Ali daei name not there?he is the one who put iran football on world map
      Well as I haven't listed any other criteria in my initial post then I suppose he just isn't significant.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

1313016858.jpg

Comment

members here are mostly not old enough to remember those players playing.

admittedly, i myself only remember watching Pious, Mohamadkhani, Changiz and Bavi, all of which were stars in the 80s.
          I have not seem any other player on that list actually play

among these 4, i think Pious was special. he had a professional attitude. Lots of passion and was a clinical goal scorer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post

admittedly, i myself only remember watching Pious, Mohamadkhani, Changiz and Bavi, all of which were stars in the 80s.

among these 4, i think Pious was special. he had a professional attitude. Lots of passion and was a clinical goal scorer.
            I doubt any of us (including myself) remember watching Boroomand, Hajari or Shirzadegan as they were active a very long time ago but that doesn't mean we can't find out about them. There are ways besides just being present during their playing days.

Comment

I don’t see how anyone who played in an era that achieved absolutely nothing can be considered significant. The players you listed who helped us lift trophies in Asia and scored for us in world cups are of course very significant. Pious is the only one I voted for from the 80s due to his goal to game ratio which is really impressive (even though it was our dark era) and I’ve seen lots of his tapes he was great.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I don’t get this members aren’t old enough, Can’t they just ask their mom/dad, grandmother/grandfather? For example, I’m 17 and I just research on the Internet, YT, forums, etc. Also Hassan Nazari runs an academy near me and I’ve seen him once in the past. Apparently lots of his generation settle/had settled in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  Well as I haven't listed any other criteria in my initial post then I suppose he just isn't significant.

isnt significant?score in champions league, world all time scorer and not significant, that a first for me, he is not significant but farshad pius is significant, i am speechless

Comment

All are top forwards but below are the best for me:

Shirzadegan "Pa talaei"
                    Behzadi "Sar talaei"
                    Kalani
                    Iranpak - Best scorer of sharavard
                    Eftekhari - Dribbled on a tissue
                    Roshan - Smartest forward in history. Injury and revolution ruined him
                    Alidousti & Mohammadkhani - Destroyed teams in the 80s
                    Pious - Knew the goal like his own hand

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                      I don’t get this members aren’t old enough, Can’t they just ask their mom/dad, grandmother/grandfather? For example, I’m 17 and I just research on the Internet, YT, forums, etc. Also Hassan Nazari runs an academy near me and I’ve seen him once in the past. Apparently lots of his generation settle/had settled in Texas.
                      the poll is not asking the opinions of PFDC member's moms and dads.

anyway, i think the 'love' we have for a player is biased toward when we actually watch them play in TM.

For me, the period between 1996 to 2002 is special because that was when I was absolutely in love with TM and Iranian football. Even fringe players during those years have a special place in my heart.

My least favorite period of Iranian football would be 2006 to 2013 of course and frankly every player in that period is pretty forgettable in my eyes.

Comment

frankly every player in that period is pretty forgettable in my eyes.
                        I agreed with everything you said but this. You rather mean most players. Javad Nekounam for example is not forgettable. Khalatbari was my most favorite player during that period. I have a difficult time forgetting about him too.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                          isnt significant?score in champions league, world all time scorer and not significant, that a first for me, he is not significant but farshad pius is significant, i am speechless
                          So am I.

Comment

Significant means a different thing as being talented/skillful.
                            To me, even a less talented player can leave his mark in history and be SIGNIFICANT.

I hope you didnt mean "talented or ...". I also try to stay away from the brainless red vs blue rivalry or their "fame", and judge individual players' significant role in IRANIAN football, or the era they played.

I'd say ;
                            Roshan
                            Alidoosti
                            Mohamadkhani

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              I don’t see how anyone who played in an era that achieved absolutely nothing can be considered significant. The players you listed who helped us lift trophies in Asia and scored for us in world cups are of course very significant. Pious is the only one I voted for from the 80s due to his goal to game ratio which is really impressive (even though it was our dark era) and I’ve seen lots of his tapes he was great.
                              George Weah on a national level achieved nothing but nevertheless is a very significant player for Liberians. I think you are considering achievement as national team achievement and not as individual performance. You should consider both.

Comment

Working...
                              X