Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats up with everyone talking about shekari?

the kid played 6 competitive games in the last 6 months mainly as sub. and never played a game for tm unlike other of our players who might had problems with finding a club or playing time ( ansarifard or ramin). i get that the kid has potential but no reason to invite him for asia cup if he hasnt proven anything really yet.

Comment

according to Iranian media Khanzadeh and Alipour also left the camp for Tehran.

so far the following players are out based on reports
      Khanzadeh
      Alipour
      Hosseini
      Ezzatollahi
      Karimi

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Nourollahi may still make it. But i agree with you overall. It was a good occasion to at least invite Shekari for a camp or two, even if he was not going to make the final list.
        But there's absolutely no reason to invite Shekari, even for the purpose of the camp. Going by the rumors, it seems that Niazmand will be selected as the 3rd keeper which is a bit of a surprise to me. I thought that he was being invited for the 'experience'. Even still, he's a player that has been thriving in the league this year and has been starting regularly for Sepahan. In contrast, Shekari has played less than 270 minutes all season and in all competitions.

I'm all for inviting young players and integrating them into the team but the expectation is that they're at least getting semi-decent minutes in whatever league they're in. It was the same for Azmoun, Jahanbakhsh, Torabi, Gholizadeh, etc.

In contrast, Nourollahi's inclusion makes sense. I didn't think he'd make the final 23 up until this morning when it was confirmed that Ezatolahi will miss the tournament. Regardless of whether any of us think highly of Nourollahi or not, he's been a regular for Persepolis over the last year.

Comment

Natural DM options: Nourollahi, Ebrahim
          Players who can play as DM also: Amiri, Hajsafi, Cheshmi.
          Nourollahi is the only natural DM in this list beside Ebrahimi, plus others more or less are way comfortable in other positions than DM, so he has a good chance to make the list.

Comment

Montazeri is another waste of spot, assuming both Vouria and Ramin make it, with Cheshmi and Kanani as CB i hope CQ doesn't include Montazeri!

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
              according to Iranian media Khanzadeh and Alipour also left the camp for Tehran.

so far the following players are out based on reports
              Khanzadeh
              Alipour
              Hosseini
              Ezzatollahi
              Karimi
              Where did you see khanzadeh is out?
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                Where did you see khanzadeh is out?
                there are other sources but this one for example
                https://www.farsnews.com/news/139710...5-%D8%A8%D9%87

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                  Despite some of the hashiyeh garbage that’s coming out of Iran I am certain CQ knows
                  How to use it to his advantage and should make TM play even better tha ever before.
                  However I also say that anything less than going to the final of the AC for TM is a disappointing result.
                  And CQ will have to take blame and responsibility for it.

If we have been the #1 ranked team in Asia for the past 5 years then it is time to prove it.
                  Benjamin Take II?
                  sigpic
                  Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                    "hashyeh", is the oldest excuse losers use to cover their own failure.
                    Private jet, top of the line camps, best foods and hotels, money, training facilities, best coaching staff!!! has any Iranian team in the history of our football had what these spoiled brats have? no. Not even under shah did TM get the support that this team has received but yet they get shaken up and some how lose their team unity and chemistry because Soroush Rafee or Azizi or someone else criticized something (anything) about TM!! to me that's a shaky team. OR, it's just a method to set up the stage for later (just like carlos did before the WC).
                    this is Carlos's effect. Whine and whine and whine some more, and if you win, you can brag about how in face of adversity you were able to win and if you fail, just blame it on someone else!
                    So basically you've got your knife out for CQ whether TM wins or loses. That is unbalanced. At least wait for the results.

I on the other hand pray that TM becomes Asian champions so that our boys get the glory that they deserve, people become happy for a few days, and these terrible critics of TM who can't keep a coaching job for 5 minutes without some crazed act (Azizi beating someone up or Mayeli being fired for a day) would keep their mouths shut for 5 minutes.

This team has recieved more hate than any since I have been following TM in 1980s. Every character that has been ignored, criticized, cut from the team (and even their wives) by CQ, has been vocal about the team, knowing Cq is a lame duck and leaving Iran in a few weeks.

I agree that anything but the finals is a disappointment but I have believed that for every Asian Cup anyways.
                    Should we win the Asian cup, this will be a tremendous achievementand prove once and for all that CQ belongs in the highest echelons of our TM managers.

I believe that we underachieved in the WC and should have knocked Spain or Portugal out but that itself is a compliment to CQ in how far he has taken us. We have a starless team. We have players that have not been able to make it or sustain one season in the best leagues of Europe. Those in the second tier leagues can't maintain their form for 2 consecutive seasons. And our some of best players are injury hit. Despite this, I am confident in our players and coaching because they have performed solidly during CQs reign. I know that the team he picks will be based on merit.

Comment

I hope the AFC and it’s referees don’t screw us this time around 🙏🙏🙏

Comment

the final list is not out?

Comment

Koorosh jan
                          I agree with you , the AC finals is what we deserve and must get to.

This time specially,my expectations of CQ TM are higher than ever before having qualified for
                          2 consecutive WCs , same coach for 8 years and been ranked #1 in Asia for the last 5 years.

Now it’s time to show Asia why we are the best.

Comment

Ultimately is the quality of our players and their ability to execute coach's strategy and tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

We are not stupid people Mr. Queiroz. To be among the final four is your dream not our dream. In 1996 AFC Asian Cup, we came third without any warm up match. Team Melli were named the best team of the tournament and Ali Daei was named as the best goalscorer. We also picked up the Fair Play Award,” he said.
                              Yes you are utterly stupid for having made such stupid statement Mr. Azizi! You're boasting about a 3rd. place from almost 23 years ago. If that's your way of proving our mightiness in Asian Cup, then I feel extremely sorry for your sorry *&%$

Last time we won the Cup was freaking 43 years ago. Wake up to the sound of wake up wake up alarm Mr. delusional. Our most decorated TM in an AC ever was our 2007 AC and even that team couldn't get passed the quarterfinals. No team is ever guaranteed any achievement prior to any tournament, however for a country to have claimed football superiority in its continent, not winning a cup in one of the most prestigious tournaments for over 4 decades, there's gotta be some fundamental issues to be cultivated and addressed and fixed, rather than having high and unreasonable expectations!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                                Yes you are utterly stupid for having made such stupid statement Mr. Azizi! You're boasting about a 3rd. place from almost 23 years ago. If that's your way of proving our mightiness in Asian Cup, then I feel extremely sorry for your sorry *&%$

Last time we won the Cup was freaking 43 years ago. Wake up to the sound of wake up wake up alarm Mr. delusional. Our most decorated TM in an AC ever was our 2007 AC and even that team couldn't get passed the quarterfinals. No team is ever guaranteed any achievement prior to any tournament, however for a country to have claimed football superiority in its continent, not winning a cup in one of the most prestigious tournaments for over 4 decades, there's gotta be some fundamental issues to be cultivated and addressed and fixed, rather than having high and unreasonable expectations!
                                I agree. Only adding that maybe that fundamental issue is the poisonous nature of the media and footballing environment and being so divided that we are doomed to fail. Now is not the time to open your big mouth azizi! If he is KHODADAD is there anything we can do to have KHODA shut him up for a month?

Comment

Working...
                                X