This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    What about Catalonia and basque country?
    Too political and they only want home games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Too political and they only want home games.
      What's the problem with home games? And Tunisia and Nigeria already played them these last years. Iran also play Galicia too some times ago

Comment

What's the problem with home games? And Tunisia and Nigeria already played them these last years. Iran also play Galicia too some times ago
        We're going to be camping in Qatar at the same time.

Comment

The Qatar camp is official, CQ said it himself.
          TM will play Lebanon , Palestine and then on Dec.31 Qatar
          He also said that no country wants to play Iran and that those who do,want lots of
          Money which the IFF does not have.
          However he did say that preparations are going very good full steam ahead
          And that TM WILL BE READY by the start of our first game vs. Yemen.
          He sounded very positive about everything.

Comment

In what way is playing an exhibition side made up of Athletic Bilbao and Espanyol's fringe players going to be better preparation for the Asian Cup than playing competitive Asian sides?

Like I get that it's more fashionable to play a load of dashing Spanish men called Sergio over a load of brown Mohameds from war-torn countries but when it comes to actually benefitting from these games and serving a purpose, it's an odd argument. If we're just wanting BIG NAMES, I reckon Daei and Mahdavikia could probably call up theur mates and get together a bunch of 50 year-olds for a World All-Star XI for us to test ourselves against.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              In what way is playing an exhibition side made up of Athletic Bilbao and Espanyol's fringe players going to be better preparation for the Asian Cup than playing competitive Asian sides?
              Like I get that it's more fashionable to play a load of dashing Spanish men called Sergio over a load of brown Mohameds from war-torn countries but when it comes to actually benefitting from these games and serving a purpose, it's an odd argument. If we're just wanting BIG NAMES, I reckon Daei and Mahdavikia could probably call up theur mates and get together a bunch of 50 year-olds for a World All-Star XI for us to test ourselves against.
              Athletic and espanyol players have better level than average asian NT and will help us in case we face better opposition like Japan

Comment

Undoubtedly but they're not an actual team with any training or cohesion. I might understand it if it was a choice between them and the likes of Sri Lanka or Guam but Palestine and Lebanon are proper Asian teams who've tested the likes of Australia and China recently. So much for relevant for our purpose of preparing for the AC.

Comment

Athletic and espanyol players have better level than average asian NT and will help us in case we face better opposition like Japan
                  how hard is it to understand that if the friendly is on a non fifa day in december that those players wont be available? Thus, their teams wont be available either.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                    He also said that no country wants to play Iran and that those who do,want lots of
                    I know there is no chance - I just hope he signs with us post-Asian Cup.

Comment

What dates does team melli have friendlies in december? who they playing in Dec 26th?

Dec 26th
                      Dec 31st - Qatar in Doha
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        how hard is it to understand that if the friendly is on a non fifa day in december that those players wont be available? Thus, their teams wont be available either.
                        Please check the dates catalunya and basque c played against tunisia two years ago

Comment

Dec.21 vs Lebanon
                          Dec.24 vs Palestine
                          Dec.31 vs Qatar

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                            Thanks!

This is a very good sign - when was the last time CQ sounded optimistic about us in front of the media? Has that ever even happened? regardless of the hurdles he faced I had full faith he would do everything in his power to have TM ready as he has in the past
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Yes this was the first time that I can remember , CQ painted a very positive and optimistic
                              picture of TM and its future plan for the AC.
                              The only thing he was a bit sad about is that he has always had a very hard time cutting the final roster from 35 to 23 players.
                              He jokingly said that He has been loosing hair because of it and then turned to Luciano Cruz and said look at him guys ,see
                              He lost all his hair because of it too and they all laughed lolololol

Comment

Hmm, something is off, CQ being optimistic is paradoxical.

Comment

Working...
                                X