This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paas View Post
    That is the mindset of a cosmopolitan. And there are quite a few of them here.

The fact that you even think that shows what kind of mentality you have. If cq leaves (which he won’t even if we lose) and branko becomes the coach will you support tm?

Seems like Some of the people here are more supporters of some sort of agenda rather than tm and are hiding behind the Iranian flag.
    Khiabani literally supports his idiotic position by talking about the Iran-Iraq War. Because clearly he can't speak English, he can't analyze football well, he can't hold a candle up to anyone so he just brings patriotism as a way to get people to listen to him.

Oh you bet I've supported TM through every single coach we have had.

Through CQ's dark days with a poor team pool, unclear tactics, odd team choices at times(Khalatbari not picked etc).

Through GN and our weakest Asian cup performance(we had to come back to beat Uzbekistan, went 2-0 down to China and had to tie it up, and only beat Malaysia 2-0 WTF... and then lost in the QF).This with one of our strongest squads in history with Mahdavikia, Nekounam, Ando, Rezaei, Hashemian all still playing.

Through Branko and his inability to keep a locker room, manage the emotions of our players and his odd team choices(playing a useless 37yr old Ali Daei against the inform Barcelona defender Rafael Marquez??????????), and generally poor fitness program for the team. He couldn't even control Karimi like any half decent coach should know how to do.

Ghotbi and his "I know everything about everyone".

Ali Daei and his insistence on parking the bus in Azadi against Saudi.. aliasghari football etc.

So expect whichever coach you want to come to the helm to get the same level of criticism I give them all.

Comment

Originally posted by FutbolGods View Post
      Anyone who was following team melli at that time knows damn well that the Taj fans' response to CQ wasn't even 1/1000th as bad as Perspolis.

It's actually amazing because CQ had a confrontation both with Ghalenoei who was Taj's headcoach at the time, and with Rahmati who was their goalie and captain! If this had been Perspolis, CQ wouldn't be able to leave his house without armed guards!

There were *some* negative comments from a handful of idiots, but at no point did Taj fans flood social media with insults against CQ and wishes for team melli's failure the way red fans have done. The negative comments back then never got to the level it has been for the last two years. This may have something to do with the fact that for Taj fans, the club always comes before the coach and players, and it's pretty much understood that country comes before club. For red fans, going back to the Parvin era, their coach is like some sort of God/Prophet/Father figure that supersedes both club and country! The fan bases just have different mentalities.

To try to make the two situations look similar is insane. What red fans have done to team melli is unprecedented and unforgivable. I've never seen something this bad in our football.
      I have to disagree with you. I remember SS fanatics were almost similar to PP fans now. CQ wasn't commenting left and right about Ghalenoi too. Both SS and PP have some idiot fans who follow their respecting clubs without question. Both club news papers are garbage printing, lie fabricating machines. There are good fans among both clubs. Parvin is not worshiped by majority of club fans, only old timers in their 70s, 60s like him. He is a quiet controversial figure with his involvement with the regime and side business deals. Mehrab Shahrokhi, Homayoun Behzadi, Safar Iranpak and Hussein Kalani are more popular and charismatic figures among vast majority of fans. Ali Karimi, Karim Bagheri, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Ali Daei, Abedzadeh, and Farshad Pius are more popular among younger PP fans. Ali Karimi is the most popular player.

I have seen similar done by SS and Tractor fans in particular. Since when behavior of few teenage fans with pent up and opresses feeling on social media become the measuring tool to question a big club with millions of fans? Do you have any statistic to rely on the majority of PP fans wishing team melli to lose? Beside the fact any person can create false identity on social media and attack CQ or team melli under cover of PP or any other claub fan.

I personally think all these talks and schemes are done by sport ministry because they don't want to invest millions of dollars in football or paying top dollar to someone like CQ. They used a portion of SS fans in 2013 to eject CQ and they failed, and right now they are using a portion of PP fans to repeat the same scenario. The conflict between CQ and Branko started with the same excuses and problems that Ghalenoi and CQ had in 2013. It is clear they are using media and some PP fans to get rid of Carlos. CQ is a smart man and is playing his cards right into Iranian psych to gather support and counter sport ministry.

Instead of watching things through different colored glasses and pointing fingers at your rival clubs or other fans, take off the glasses and see what is beyond the cover of schemes. I give you one hint. What is the current economic condition of our country? How is the political situation? ...Crisis...to distract people you need to create side shows.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Taj players? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean Taj supporters? If so, Taj supports CQ and always has, but at the end of the day, he answers to the Sports Minister.
        Esteghlal's old name. Not trying to be political, just like their old name better.

Originally posted by Gholi View Post
        He means Esteghlal Tehran. The former name of Esteghlal was Taj. Esteghlal players, manager and supporters attacked and hated Carlos around 2013-2014 when they were competing in ACL 2013. Their fans blamed their failure to reach final on CQ and team melli camps. Because some of their player got injured during training and friendly matches. They were mad at CQ for not calling Rahmati for world cup too. Many SS fan boycotted Iran national team around FIFA world cup 2014. Now it is the other way around. Double standard at best.
        Thanks, I was not aware that SS players had beef with CQ and TM back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholi View Post
          I have to disagree with you. I remember SS fanatics were almost similar to PP fans now.
          This is 100% false. The reaction of Taj fans was not even close. Not in terms of the number of fans involved or the intensity of their reaction. You're forgetting that people here also followed team melli back then too. Why would they choose to all the sudden make a big deal out of the abuse CQ is receiving if it had been like this before the Branko debacle? Some of the members who acknowledge this issue are red fans themselves.

Parvin is not worshiped by majority of club fans, only old timers in their 70s, 60s like him.
          I didn't say he's worshiped today. He was worshiped back in the 1980s, 90s and early 2000s. I remember Taj fans treated Hejazi like an icon, a legend. Red fans treated Parvin like he was some kind of prophet or father figure. It was very creepy.

Instead of watching things through different colored glasses and pointing fingers at your rival clubs or other fans, take off the glasses and see what is beyond the cover of schemes.
          I'm not a Taj fan. I used to be a Sepidrood fan based on hometown loyalty but even that is not so much anymore. If anyone's "watching through different colored glasses" it's some like you doing mastmali for their club so their fans don't look bad for doing what is horrible and disgusting by any standards.

I don't consider either Taj or Perspolis to be "my clubs". But I can't pretend both have been equally bad when it comes to this club-over-country nonsense. I've never seen Iranians treat team melli the way Perspolis fans have in the last two years. All clubs have idiots in their fan base. But the club-over-country mentality among red fans in Iran is unlike anything I've seen there.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
            Thanks, I was not aware that SS players had beef with CQ and TM back then.
            Exactly. You were not aware because it was never as bad as things have been in the last two years. Ever since red fans turned against team melli, it's impossible to visit social media without reading endless abuse against CQ and team melli followed by "faghat Branko!"

Comment

Latest clip of the practice earlier today and Cruz's interview. Go TM!

https://90tv.ir/videos/%D8%A2%D8%B3%...B1%D9%88%D8%B2

Comment

Originally posted by paas View Post
                .........The fact that you even think that shows what kind of mentality you have. .....
                exactly!
                how can a person bet or claim that other Iranian fans, former TM players, coaches, etc are hoping for TM to lose?? because he knows he is capable of doing that himself!!

they are the same people who brought Japanese flags to our stadium and cheered it on!
                they are the same people who call Ali Karimi, Syed Jalal etc "Vatanforoush"!
                in 10 Years time, the same Beiro who is the hero today is going to be the "Vatanforoush".
                You'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by FutbolGods View Post
                  This is 100% false. The reaction of Taj fans was not even close. Not in terms of the number of fans involved or the intensity of their reaction. You're forgetting that people here also followed team melli back then too. Why would they choose to all the sudden make a big deal out of the abuse CQ is receiving if it had been like this before the Branko debacle? Some of the members who acknowledge this issue are red fans themselves.

I didn't say he's worshiped today. He was worshiped back in the 1980s, 90s and early 2000s. I remember Taj fans treated Hejazi like an icon, a legend. Red fans treated Parvin like he was some kind of prophet or father figure. It was very creepy.

I'm not a Taj fan. I used to be a Sepidrood fan based on hometown loyalty but even that is not so much anymore. If anyone's "watching through different colored glasses" it's some like you doing mastmali for their club so their fans don't look bad for doing what is horrible and disgusting by any standards.

I don't consider either Taj or Perspolis to be "my clubs". But I can't pretend both have been equally bad when it comes to this club-over-country nonsense. I've never seen Iranians treat team melli the way Perspolis fans have in the last two years. All clubs have idiots in their fan base. But the club-over-country mentality among red fans in Iran is unlike anything I've seen there.
                  I have to disagree with you on majority of points you made. Parvin never was treated as prophet as you make it. Many PP fans didn't even liked his managing skills. He was famous as Ali dombeh. I have never seen a PP fan to be like that in my entire life. I have seen SS fans who make Hejazi as an idol. Naser khan was a charismatic goal keeper, a khoshtip and honest man. His goal keeping skills was equal to Abedzadeh. His managing skills was average. His only success was was ACL title in 90-91 when 6-8 teams were competing from amaturish leagues. If you have seen any one treating Parvin az prophet, they must be idiots or very poor and uneducated. People can claim being fan of any club in social media or real life and there is nothing to prove that at least on internet. I have seen videos of SS fans wearing Sepahan Jersey and taking Japanese flag to stadium on instagram to create tension between Sepahan and PP fans. When you see this you doubt many things.

Btw I was following social media and team melli news back in 2013 and hate toward CQ was pretty intense from SS fans. It partially settled down when CQ called up 7-8 SS players for world cup 2014.

Btw, I don't defend any SS, PP, etc fans, players or Karshenas who wish team melli lose in AC 2019. I only make a difference for people who insult CQ and those who wish that melli lose. Mixing both crowd is wrong. Insulting CQ although is wrong in my honest opinion, it still doesn't necessary mean insulting team melli.

Comment

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...e-clubs-radar/

Great news

Comment

Originally posted by Stmaserati View Post
                      would be great and awsome, he can fit in there well.

Comment

A qatari ref for Iran-China ........................ What do we need to think about this? Will he screw us?

Comment

Originally posted by IranPowned View Post
                          A qatari ref for Iran-China ........................ What do we need to think about this? Will he screw us?
                          Dunno, politically Qatar is quite close to Iran now since their whole beef with the rest of the Persian Gulf Arabs, so maybe not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dejagah View Post
                            Dunno, politically Qatar is quite close to Iran now since their whole beef with the rest of the Persian Gulf Arabs, so maybe not?
                            that is true, but i think is better than having a east asian refree

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                              that is true, but i think is better than having a east asian refree
                              We are playing China so no...maybe Irmatov again would be good for this match.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
                                The point is in other countries they will actually leave him alone to do the job he's getting paid for, and won't have to open his mouth. What is sure is that he would not have been able to achieve the results he had unless he had this kind of fighting attitude. All the Carols naysayers haven't seen a game from 10 or 20 years ago. And what is guaranteed when he leaves is us going back to being a second rate Asian team afraid of losing to third rate ones = a freefall in our FIFA rankings. And no, we don't want a godforsaken emamzadeh for him (that is the root of the problem anyways), what I would like to see if some sort of appreciation/plaque or a Gofundme page from PFDC to Querioz when he leaves (no matter what the results, even if we lose to Oman on PK tomorrow).
                                Agree.
                                It's important for people to realize many of us aren't supporting CQ like adolescent groupies, we support him because he deeply cares for his team. A coach needs to fight for his team and he is doing that!
                                Moreover, he has the intelligence needed for dealing with pedar sookhtehs and the work ethic and CV to get away with it.
                                He has made an effort to bond with his players and understand their culture. Not sure most coaches would do that or if they even have the emotional intelligence recquired to do so.

As for people saying baba nemisheh goft balayegh cheshm CQ abrooeh... u know what? Na nemisheh, it's not the time. Criticism of CQ is not good for TM, they have enough b.s to deal with already.
                                Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Working...
                                X