This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Were you alive during the era of Iranian football when we were afraid of playing Qatar and Bahrain?
    haha, so true. I remember those days. I am happy that CQ is playing the games behind close doors. serves us right, he can deploy his game plan wityout 100s of comments and hashiyeh coming from all directions.

Comment

Beautiful! Ramin Rezaeian telling Soroush Rafaei aka Branko’s lapdog, to STFU!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrujVkEg...d=z1juj8456t5b

Comment

این ملت ایران درست بشو نیست ...شاه دارن آخوند میخان..آخوند دارن شاه میخان ..تیم فوتبال قوی دارن ضعیفش را میخان..مربی خوب دارن میخان یه جوری مربی بد رو جانشینش کنن .. سروش رفیعی میخاد جایه کدام بازیکن را تو تیم ملی پور کنه اونم یک معناست .. ه...

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
          Beautiful! Ramin Rezaeian telling Soroush Rafaei aka Branko’s lapdog, to STFU!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrujVkEg...d=z1juj8456t5b
          My respect for Ramin went up a lot after that!

Comment

Captain Masoud Shojaei always with words of wisdom.

"As Iranians, we have to beat with one heart. As always, I call on former players of Team Melli and coaches to be supportive and unified, especially in the next month. It should not be difficult."

Video: https://twitter.com/PersianFutbol/st...01816225488896

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
              این ملت ایران درست بشو نیست ...شاه دارن آخوند میخان..آخوند دارن شاه میخان ..تیم فوتبال قوی دارن ضعیفش را میخان..مربی خوب دارن میخان یه جوری مربی بد رو جانشینش کنن .. سروش رفیعی میخاد جایه کدام بازیکن را تو تیم ملی پور کنه اونم یک معناست .. ه...
              “Yek mellat Khar”.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                “Yek mellat Khar”.
                اگر تاریخ چند دویست سی صد سال پیش ایران را نگاه کنی این ملت خر بارها باعث نابودی این مملکت شودن
                هرچه میکشیم از این ملت خره

Comment

اقایان استسنایی و کاویان ملت خر نیستند. عقایدشان با بنده و شما فرق دارد.

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
                    One again King CQ shows his majestic wisdom, tactical prowess and celestial foresight to the uncultured and uneducated plebs in Iran and around the world. By not televising our last two friendlies Mighty Yemen, and Almighty Vietnam which are both the true contenders of Asian Cup and who are footballing nations far superior to us won't be able to see our most recent tactics and will be blindsided by CQ's brilliance on the pitch at matchday. And it totally doesn't matter that all the usual suspects will be able to watch and analyze our games at the group stage. Because Mighty Yaman and Almighty Vietnam are the two clear favorites and we must "accomplish mission impossible" - pardon my grammar - in order to survive this group of DDD. Deep Double Denigration. I forgot to mention. Mindgames. CQ is the best. yay!
                    I see your point, they have as much chance of defeating us as we did VS Spain, Portugal, and Morocco

Comment

Originally posted by Iran Doost View Post
                      اقایان استسنایی و کاویان ملت خر نیستند. عقایدشان با بنده و شما فرق دارد.
                      دوست عزیز من هم دوست دارم بگم اون ملت خر نیست ولی ملتی که فرهنگ و تمدن اش را فدای یک مشت خرافات قرون وسطایی می کونه زبانش و اینینش را فراموش میکونه ..می استه کنار خیابان به دار کشیدن انسانی رو تماشا میکونه با فرزندش ..ملتی که خودش را مورد تمسخر تمام جوامعه بشری کرده ..هر روز میبینه که چی جوری فرزندانش زیر شلاغ ملا میره .. ملتی که هنوز بیدار نشوده .. چه جوری میشه گفت که فقت با من و شما فرق دارن .. مگر من و شما حق نداریم تو اون مملکت

Comment

Sorry my farsi is not as good as it used to be..

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
                          One again King CQ shows his majestic wisdom, tactical prowess and celestial foresight to the uncultured and uneducated plebs in Iran and around the world. By not televising our last two friendlies Mighty Yemen, and Almighty Vietnam which are both the true contenders of Asian Cup and who are footballing nations far superior to us won't be able to see our most recent tactics and will be blindsided by CQ's brilliance on the pitch at matchday. And it totally doesn't matter that all the usual suspects will be able to watch and analyze our games at the group stage. Because Mighty Yaman and Almighty Vietnam are the two clear favorites and we must "accomplish mission impossible" - pardon my grammar - in order to survive this group of DDD. Deep Double Denigration. I forgot to mention. Mindgames. CQ is the best. yay!

The issue is not that CQ is untouchable. Iran has suffered from bot parasti a lot, least of all in football. So everyone should be able to criticise CQ, and all of us have criticised him. He definitely makes mistakes with his judgements, things he says, no one is denying that. I have often questioned some of the players he picks and the positions he puts them in.

The point is not that he is great, it's just:

1) How different things are now, when we are no longer afraid of being outperformed against UAE or Bahrain. It just doesn't happen now. We are a disciplined European-style unit, European pundits now respect Iran and it is good to see. Are you not happy that we don't have to shit ourselves playing against Jordan any more?

How were you watching TM over the last 3 decades and seeing it now and not noticing the difference in how we play?

2) That he, and pretty much anyone, is infinitely better for the long term of Team Melli than Branko was, who set TM back ten years

Until anyone answers my points, it's worth repeating them:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Branko effect for TM.

- SPINELESSNESS: Sticking with one goalkeeper (Mirzapour) who was error-prone, and not even giving a chance to test other alternatives, and there were a few (contrast with CQ). Not altering his tactics and game plan, and keeping with the same formations/line-ups for every damn game. He just didn't want to experiment and try different players, he didn't like any chance. We had a series of very feeble performances in the 2005-early 2006 period but NOTHING was changed after them, and he had a lot more new talent at his disposal than his predecessors (remember poor Pourheidari who had a midfield of Fekri, Navazi, Halali to pick from)

- OUTSIDE INFLUENCE: Branko let himself be influenced too much by player agents such as Reza Fazeli who was in the TM camp for the World Cup, and we all know that it affected the team spirit. He also let Daei dictate matters far too much in terms of team selection.

- TEAM SPIRIT: Our team spirit was the worst for WC06 when players were even refusing to pass to each other, let alone speaking with each other (contrast with CQ and the tight-knit unit he has built)

- TACTICAL NONSENSE: After finally bringing Bayern Munich's Hashemian back into the fold, he pushed him out to the wing (absolute no man's land) to accommodate a stagnant Ali Daei, who was playing 90 minutes for every game, not even subbed out for young strikers to get a chance to get some game time.

- TROLLING: Bringing Khatibi back to TM, starting him and Enayati. Khatibi was a constant source of frustration, the worst finisher we have ever had internationally, how he had so many caps no one can explain (well, apart from Branko and Khatibi's agent at the time Fazeli probably).

- POOR TEAM SELECTION: When we had more talented players, I never understood why Branko picked Badavi, Alavi, Kameli Mofrad, Khatibi, Zare. He had a favoured group of players who he stuck with, who were worse than a number of their peers in IPL.

- OGHDEH - Falling out with his prized player (Mobali) when the latter refused to move to Dynamo Zagreb in 2005. At the time he was the only two-footed playmaker apart from Karimi and he was player of the year in IPL at the age of 21. He was just dropped after Branko's lajbaazi.

- STIFLING DEVELOPMENT - We had, at the time, arguably our brightest crop of aged 18-22 youngsters who all looked very talented (Kazemian, Mobali, Borhani). They weren't given enough playing time internationally to develop and ended up dwindling, as the coach just kept playing the same people for 90 minutes regardless of how they performed (contrast with CQ)

Comment

I am not a fan of Branko and his players choices when he was in TM, i mean some players such as Alavi, Kameli, Badavi, Sattar Zareh were no where close to TM level, not only they got the call regularly but also played as starters in crucial matches. Without mentionning we had a handicap keeper for few years in Mirzapour(which was the icing on the cake), you can also mention the famous lack disicpline in TM during his time, BUT that was back to 12 years a go when he was much younger and TM was the biggest challenge of his career in that point, i believe he improved a lot since.

Comment

Team Meli hasn’t yet kicked a ball in AFC cup and so called karshenasan (my foot) have got their sword out for CQ. They are just dying to see TM play friendlies so that they can bombard players and CQ with criticism and their nonesense. That in turn willl distrupt players focus and get CQ’s tail up and force him to comment.

So much as like any other die-hard TM fans, I loved to see the friendlies, under the circumstances I prefer not to.
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

^ I think part of the reason that Branko is back in Iran and getting these incredible results with arguably least talented PP with a 2 season Xfer ban is because he's carrying a chip on his shoulder due to TM's performance in '06. He knows exactly what he did wrong then and he's going out of his way accentuating that he's learned from his mistakes and evolved as a coach. And I think we were 17th in ranking. Also the talking points about TM in international news back then wasn't the coach saying his team is shit, talentless, and shirtless. Literally.

Anyways, back to playing Palestine behind closed doors. Hopefully it'll help us achieve CQ's dream of reaching the Semi's.
                                http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=428069

Comment

Working...
                                X