Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should look at entire WC and it’s prep games like a preparation for AFC championship.
    We can have games with:
    Algeria
    Tunisia
    Lithuania
    Turkey
    Morocco
    Spain
    Portugal
    Brazil
    As preparation for Asian Championship
    With the players, Coach and preparation games we have leading to the games
    If we don’t win this edition
    We will never win it
    On second thought
    I know we will have less than 0% chance in the WC
    But the schedule for TM this year can be like a dream come true

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Talking about our DM problem in the Morocco game......

Andranik Teymourian has raised his desire to experience his third WC:

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=49303
      Which exact part of the interview does he talk about this? On a project deadline - cannot watch whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        Which exact part of the interview does he talk about this? On a project deadline - cannot watch whole thing.
        Right in the beginning after he says hello. 00:15.

Comment

TM-News- Vol. 4

Originally posted by Taz
          This is PFDC gassin' him that's led to this, isn't it?

Ah christ I'd forgotten how loveable he is, go on then CQ.
          After my thread about calling Ando to TM and now his desire to be in the World Cup squad I’m 100% that our players read PFDC

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            After my thread about calling Ando to TM and now his desire to be in the World Cup squad I’m 100% that our players read PFDC
            There's no doubt about that, CQ knows about this place too so I imagine they like to read content here from time to time

Comment

when asked who was the best DM in the history of Iranian football, his response was Bagheri. Bagheri was great, but, I think most people would say Nekounam. There was definitely some rivalry between Nekounam and Ando back then and it wasn't all friendly.
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                when asked who was the best DM in the history of Iranian football, his response was Bagheri. Bagheri was great, but, I think most people would say Nekounam. There was definitely some rivalry between Nekounam and Ando back then and it wasn't all friendly.
                Any back story on this? Share. Both my fav TM players.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                  Any back story on this? Share. Both my fav TM players.
                  None that I can point to, but I seem to recall there were times when the media hinted at those 2 not wanting to play with each other. His response was surprising. I totally expected him to say Nekounam. Best DM aside, I think Nekounam would qualify in the top 3 as the best ever in the history of TM, both for his career inside and outside of Iran.
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                    But Neku and Ando formed one of the best (if not the best) pairs of midfielders for TM. They complemented each other very well.

I agree that Neku was better than Bagheri. I would say much better, in terms of playing modern football. Bagheri was perhaps more talented, but a product of his time, as he played a bit of Iranian (!!!) style.
                    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                      But Neku and Ando formed one of the best (if not the best) pairs of midfielders for TM. They complemented each other very well.

I agree that Neku was better than Bagheri. I would say much better, in terms of playing modern football. Bagheri was perhaps more talented, but a product of his time, as he played a bit of Iranian (!!!) style.
                      Comparing Nekounam and Bagheri is very tough. I would say Nekounam is the greatest DM in TM history and perhaps Top 3-5 best players overall up there with Daei, Karimi, Kia, Parvin, Hejazi, etc.

Comment

Bagheri played a completely different style than Nekounam.
                        He was basically a box to box midfielder who also made crushing tackles and scored like a forward.
                        He also had alot of creativity.
                        If he had been stronger mentally he could have gone much further than anyone in Iranian football.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Bagheri played a completely different style than Nekounam.
                          He was basically a box to box midfielder who also made crushing tackles and scored like a forward.
                          He also had alot of creativity.
                          If he had been stronger mentally he could have gone much further than anyone in Iranian football.
                          + his orgasmic long range diagonal passes! oh dear I miss watching him play

Comment

Originally posted by branco View Post
                            + his orgasmic long range diagonal passes! oh dear I miss watching him play
                            + his powerful on target shots. He had some ferocious shots.

Comment

Nekounam was my favorite player out of all TM players. At the time people were cheering for Mahdavikia, Karimi, Daei and Hashemian, I was always having a soft spot for Nekounam as I knew his immense value for TM. He was the engine in TM!

Having said that there is no way you can compare any Iranian post 1996 midfielder with Bagheri! Together with Ghelich, Bagheri is the best midfielder who ever played in TM! He was the general, dictating game flow and pace in every game.

If there was a knighthood system in Iran as in the UK, giving the title "sir" to a player from each position, Bagheri would be the one getting it as a central midfielder.

Here would be the knighthood titles for each position in my opinion:

*Goalkeeper: Sir Ahmadreza Abedzadeh (since Hejazi has passed away, there is no discussion).
                              *Defender: Sir Jalal Hosseini
                              *Winger: Sir Mehdi Mahdavikia
                              *CM: a toss between sir Parviz Ghelichkhani and sir Karim Bagheri
                              *Striker: Sir Ali Daei

Comment

Interview with Gholizadeh. He had an offer from NEC Nijmegen when he was 18 years old, wants to go to Europe this summer, doesn't want to go to Arab teams

Comment

Working...
                                X