Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

br-AN-G0H was THE ONLY TM head coach who failed to lead the Iranian national team into a position in which it would have a legitimate shot of advancing to the round of 16 in the post-revolution period.

In '06, TM was eliminated from the group stage after only the second match day, in contrast to the performances in France '98, Brasil '14, and Russia '18. In each of the latter three mentioned tournaments, TM had both a theoretical as well as practical prospect of qualifying for the second round. Because of the victory against the US in '98, we had to defeat Germany to advance. Because of the clean sheet against Nigeria in Brasil (TM's first ever clean sheet in a World Cup BTW), TM had to defeat Bosnia in order to advance, and such a prospect was not beyond the realm of reasonable possibility. Most recently in Russia, TM had to defeat Portugal to advance (thanks to the victory against Morocco) ..... and we almost did it. So to say that br-AN-G0H and CQ's World Cup track records are on par with one another simply because TM did not qualify for the second round in either Brasil or Russia is disingenuous at best, and simply a desperately flimsy attempt to provide cover for br-AN-G0H.

While it is true that in '06, and '14, TM ultimately finished in last place in the group, it's very disingenuous to make an "argument" that the performances in 2014 & 2018 and 2006 mirrored one another, as it is simply inaccurate and deliberately omits the key distinction that under both of CQ's WC campaigns, qualification to the round of 16 was a realistic prospect ..... but under br-AN-GOH, we were eliminated after the second match day of the group stage. Not only did br-AN-G0H fail to match CQ's WC track record, but he couldn't even match Jalal Talebi's WC record.
    Zendebahd Iran

Comment

Guys don’t get it twisted. You can still be a TM fan without being a CQ fan. The difference being CQ is not Permanent and TM is Permanent! On paper CQ and Branko have achieved the same thing. Without looking at any manager and putting to blame, TM’s goal is get passed the RO 16 and win the Asian Cup. None of which have been fulfilled so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        Guys don’t get it twisted. You can still be a TM fan without being a CQ fan. The difference being CQ is not Permanent and TM is Permanent! On paper CQ and Branko have achieved the same thing. Without looking at any manager and putting to blame, TM’s goal is get passed the RO 16 and win the Asian Cup. None of which have been fulfilled so far.
        I don't think you're feeling okay Hoorad... it's not because you changed your username that you're not the same CQ hater. They achieved the same thing? Is that a joke lol? Do I really need to explain myself?

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
          I don't think you're feeling okay Hoorad... it's not because you changed your username that you're not the same CQ hater. They achieved the same thing? Is that a joke lol? Do I really need to explain myself?
          You’re not feeling ok! Has either Branko or CQ gotten past the RO 16? No, don’t explain yourself for the sake of your humility, because everything you say is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
            Mehdi is a polite gentleman and I wouldn't expect anything else from him, particularly given this was the club he had his formative years in.

It's actually surprisingly rare for former players to publically criticise the coaches they've played under, even if they despised them. It really doesn't happen often, let alone someone as respectful as Mahdavikia.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
              where in my post did I show results to be in favor of Branko?? Branko's team finished in group stage as did Carlo's team, TWICE!!!
              maybe to you that means that Branko is being favored statistically, but you are wrong there as well. both have a %100 failure rate of advancing to the second round, with Iran.

but besides all that non-sense, are you feeling so threatened by a post you allege to be favoring Branko over Carlos Qeiroz that I have to be called brain dead for it? and top of it you get a thank you from Moderator of the forum??? You are truly one of those few Iranians who has his head stuck up Carlos' Qieroz's ass so deep, you can't even see around you. you and the ones thanking you for your offensive post!!!!!!

but for your information, Iran did reach #20 in fifa world ranking under Branko. not that It meant shit to me, but that is what it was.
              I would just take a look at the fact that hoorad is the only guy agreeing with you here. That in itself should be a red flag that your argument is out of touch with reality.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                I would just take a look at the fact that hoorad is the only guy agreeing with you here. That in itself should be a red flag that your argument is out of touch with reality.
                Ok, I say the same thing in reverse about you and people that you agree with or people who agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                  Yes you did.
                  you said he never tried to fix them. and my question is how is that his responsibility?
                  You are in your own echo chamber and seem to ignore the rest of my posts.

CQ calling out IFFs incompetence is 1000x more useful to Iranian football than Branko not being able to stand up to Daei or IFF. /topic.

It's hardly a task to set up the best funded team in Iran to beat the coaching gurus like GN and Mansourian.

Branko is a mouthpiece for IFF sometimes because they know no one in Iran takes IFF seriously anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    Ok, I say the same thing in reverse about you and people that you agree with.
                    Hoorad, by all means you are allowed to have your opinion but you are one of the very few who feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Abedzadeh View Post
                      br-AN-G0H was THE ONLY TM head coach who failed to lead the Iranian national team into a position in which it would have a legitimate shot of advancing to the round of 16 in the post-revolution period.
                      In '06, TM was eliminated from the group stage after only the second match day, in contrast to the performances in France '98, Brasil '14, and Russia '18. In each of the latter three mentioned tournaments, TM had both a theoretical as well as practical prospect of qualifying for the second round. Because of the victory against the US in '98, we had to defeat Germany to advance. Because of the clean sheet against Nigeria in Brasil (TM's first ever clean sheet in a World Cup BTW), TM had to defeat Bosnia in order to advance, and such a prospect was not beyond the realm of reasonable possibility. Most recently in Russia, TM had to defeat Portugal to advance (thanks to the victory against Morocco) ..... and we almost did it. So to say that br-AN-G0H and CQ's World Cup track records are on par with one another simply because TM did not qualify for the second round in either Brasil or Russia is disingenuous at best, and simply a desperately flimsy attempt to provide cover for br-AN-G0H.
                      While it is true that in '06, and '14, TM ultimately finished in last place in the group, it's very disingenuous to make an "argument" that the performances in 2014 & 2018 and 2006 mirrored one another, as it is simply inaccurate and deliberately omits the key distinction that under both of CQ's WC campaigns, qualification to the round of 16 was a realistic prospect ..... but under br-AN-GOH, we were eliminated after the second match day of the group stage. Not only did br-AN-G0H fail to match CQ's WC track record, but he couldn't even match Jalal Talebi's WC record.
                      Agree but I think if anything, we are talking about record a bit too much.

It's somewhat true what the Brankaholics are saying about him with his record.

The point is: ALL THE OTHER STUFF.

All the hashieh, all the stifling of talent, all the lazbaazi with players, agents etc..., all the other stuff mentioned in previous posts.

TM is a garden, and whereas other former managers sowed seeds (not just CQ but, even in his short tenure, Ivic, Mohajerani with his huge trust in the youth), Branko burned down the shoots. Does anyone remember the many banners we had with our young players who we were so proud of - the 19-23yo group in 2006? Branko showed not a fraction of trust in them that the current manager showed in Azmoun, let alone the other young stars he has brought forward.

It's the long term impact of his actions which persisted years after he moved on that is what makes him a damaging coach for TM. Regardless of CV, personalities,record and anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        Agree but I think if anything, we are talking about record a bit too much.

It's somewhat true what the Brankaholics are saying about him with his record.

The point is: ALL THE OTHER STUFF.

All the hashieh, all the stifling of talent, all the lazbaazi with players, agents etc..., all the other stuff mentioned in previous posts.

TM is a garden, and whereas other former managers sowed seeds (not just CQ but, even in his short tenure, Ivic, Mohajerani with his huge trust in the youth), Branko burned down the shoots.

It's the long term impact of his actions which persisted years after he moved on that is what makes him a damaging coach for TM. Regardless of CV, personalities,record and anything else.
                        Well you are correct when you say that a lot of the talk regarding the records has gotten repetitive, it's true. Nonetheless, some unfortunately have tried (and continue to try) to deliberately falsify the records, which prompts the need to post material that was previously posted for the sake of accuracy/correction.

Did you notice how instead of acknowledging that TM finished in 3rd place in its group in Russia '18, or that the Iranian national team had a realistic chance of qualification to the round of 16 in both Brasil and Russia, the "argument" has now been modified, and presented as br-AN-G0H and CQ having comparable World Cup campaigns simply because both coaches failed to advance to the round of 16?

As for your comment about the other intangible aspects of coaching, and particularly the discussion regarding Mahdavikia, it's interesting to read this:

http://www.maziaran.blogfa.com/post/129

Two TM players on the squad at that time confirmed to me that this is accurate.
                        Zendebahd Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Abedzadeh View Post
                          Well you are correct when you say that a lot of the talk regarding the records has gotten repetitive, it's true. Nonetheless, some unfortunately have tried (and continue to try) to deliberately falsify the records, which prompts the need to post material that was previously posted for the sake of accuracy/correction.

Did you notice how instead of acknowledging that TM finished in 3rd place in its group in Russia '18, or that the Iranian national team had a realistic chance of qualification to the round of 16 in both Brasil and Russia, the "argument" has now been modified, and presented as br-AN-G0H and CQ having comparable World Cup campaigns simply because both coaches failed to advance to the round of 16?

As for your comment about the other intangible aspects of coaching, and particularly the discussion regarding Mahdavikia, it's interesting to read this:

http://www.maziaran.blogfa.com/post/129

Two TM players on the squad at that time confirmed to me that this is accurate.
                          What is accurate?

Comment

Branko is the only TM Coach to reach the semis of the Asian Cup and
                            earn a 3rd place trophy in the past 20+ years. CQ failed to do it in
                            his first try. Let's hope he will do better in his 2nd go at it.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                              Branko is the only TM Coach to reach the semis of the Asian Cup and
                              earn a 3rd place trophy in the past 20+ years. CQ failed to do it in
                              his first try. Let's hope he will do better in his 2nd go at it.
                              Many coaches have done that for Iran in the past 20+ years.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Love TM View Post
                                Could this CQ vs Branko discussion end? The thread clearly says TM news.
                                Mods?

Comment

Working...
                                X