This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Big euro countries played each other plenty of times in buildup to WC. Dont see an issue with us playing Aussie.
    CQ will never play a big gun just prior to a tournament. He wouldn't risk damaging Asia's #1 team confidence!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
      Right now it is a case of beggars can’t be choosers, if Argentina did not have much option other than to play Brazil then they would play them as well. So let’s take what we get, also the way TM is playing these days I don’t see us losing to Australia.
      The point is not to avoid strong teams. I would love to see friendlies against 1 or 2 top teams prior to the games ..... I am just not in favor of playing a top team that we would potentially face against in the Asian Cup.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Bro are you serious ???
        Big strong European and South American teams play each other all the time before major tournaments like the WC and the European championship.
        What are you talking about absolutely doesn’t make any sense.
        Iran played both Japan and South Korea before the 2018WCQ games started.
        We need and must play teams like Australia and Japan before the AC.

Comment

Meeting with reporters today Sunday September 23, 2018 (see below), Taj said that the contract extension with CQ through AC 2019 is now official (I assume it means that CQ has signed the contract). Good news and sigh of relief.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/155586...F-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Comment

according to Tasnim:

Iran will play qatar before AC and also they are talking about a friendly with brazil which should happen in march in qatar.

obviously nothing confirmed yet

Comment

Originally posted by Navidi94 View Post
              according to Tasnim:

Iran will play qatar before AC and also they are talking about a friendly with brazil which should happen in march in qatar.

obviously nothing confirmed yet
              Do you know why we are getting these friendlies and why the one with Brazil can actually happen and may no be BS? Because Qatar is super-close with IR and will help finance some things to help Team Melli. Just like Saudi is helping finance Iraq's team in some ways so that they can distance themselves from Qatar i.e. friendly with Brazil in Saudi Arabia.

So might actually happen!

Comment

Varzesh3 (see below link) is reporting that there will be a four team tournament in Qatar in late Esfand 1397 (March 2019) to which TM has been invited. The other knonwn attendees are Qatar and Brazil with the fourth team being unknown. The report says that there will soon be an official invitation to IFF. I will believe it when I see it. Let's hope this will come true.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/155586...88%D8%AD%D9%87

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                  Varzesh3 (see below link) is reporting that there will be a four team tournament in Qatar in late Esfand 1397 (March 2019) to which TM has been invited. The other knonwn attendees are Qatar and Brazil with the fourth team being unknown. The report says that there will soon be an official invitation to IFF. I will believe it when I see it. Let's hope this will come true.

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/155586...88%D8%AD%D9%87
                  They were speaking about such tournament before the WC too if I remember correctly :/
                  maa bachehaaye iroonim
                  hamishe irooni mimoonim
                  baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                  baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Taj also said
                    That Vezarat e Varzesh gave IFF $2.5 million to secure part of the $5.5 million cost for TM's AC preparation .
                    IFF will pay the other $3 million from its own budget and FIFA bonuses.
                    The Bolivia game is confirmed for Oct.16 th and IFF is trying to find another team to play a friendly with for Oct.12 th.
                    TM will also play Qatar and one African team in November + 2 more friendlies, one in December and one in Jan right before
                    our first AC match vs. Yemen
                    Iran will for sure play Brazil and one other country on March of 2019 , either in Qatar or in Iran ,they have already agreed to terms and finalized with Brazil and sponsors.
                    The Brazil match is for certain on March 19 = 28 of Esfand

Comment

playing brazil in azadi stadium or at least in the new foolad stadium as "Opening match" would be very nice for khuzestan fans berezileteeeee fans..i wish this match for this people there in the new foolad stadium.

a match vs. brazil and another strong nation in a 4-team tournament would also be good. (3 matches = league format is good)
                      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                      sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                      If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                      -

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi_1 View Post
                        They were speaking about such tournament before the WC too if I remember correctly :/
                        Exactly, there was supposed to be a tournament in qatar for iran before the world cup with uruguay ha

Comment

Yes but now it seems to be for sure as to before was just a rumor.

And the format will olny be 2 matches for each team not 3

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                            Yes but now it seems to be for sure as to before was just a rumor.

And the format will olny be 2 matches for each team not 3
                            so if qatar will face the "other team" we will face qatar, if both teams lose vs. brazil plus team X, or will we definetley play the team x instead of qatar (prefer this)...
                            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              Taj also said
                              That Vezarat e Varzesh gave IFF $2.5 million to secure part of the $5.5 million cost for TM's AC preparation .
                              IFF will pay the other $3 million from its own budget and FIFA bonuses.
                              The Bolivia game is confirmed for Oct.16 th and IFF is trying to find another team to play a friendly with for Oct.12 th.
                              TM will also play Qatar and one African team in November + 2 more friendlies, one in December and one in Jan right before
                              our first AC match vs. Yemen
                              Iran will for sure play Brazil and one other country on March of 2019 , either in Qatar or in Iran ,they have already agreed to terms and finalized with Brazil and sponsors.
                              The Brazil match is for certain on March 19 = 28 of Esfand
                              What is the source for Taj's remarks regarding the Brazil friendly. http://ffiri.ir/news/detail/%D8%B1%D...1013/news.aspx only has pretty much everything except your last sentence about the Brazil game.

Comment

varzesh.ir video

Comment

Working...
                                X