X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferdowsi View Post
    race is a social construct anyway
    You read too much Zizek.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
      Arzani moved to Australia at the age of 7 , so how and what does he really know about Iran ?
      But thats ok, i give him the benefit of the doubt.
      I think he made the best decision for him and i wish him lots of luck except when he plays against Iran.
      We need to give this guy a little break.
      Obviously you didn't read the Scottish Sun article I posted, he move back to Iran when he was 10 for a year or so and travelled back frequently after that. He seems to know Iran very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
        Obviously you didn't read the Scottish Sun article I posted, he move back to Iran when he was 10 for a year or so and travelled back frequently after that. He seems to know Iran very well.
        It doesn't even matter if he traveled back and forth or not as his decision had nothing to do with what country he felt closer with. He sold himself to the highest bidder with the winning bid being a World Cup spot.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

OK i stand corrected on that but it still doesn't change anything for Arzani or TM.
          what is done is done.

Comment

Est Québécois qui veut l'être - Lévesque
            Est Iranien/Australien qui veut l'être ??

Why are we fighting over someone's identity? The boy grew up in Australia and is a legal citizen of the country why is this even marginally controversial?
            بسی رنج بردم در این سال سی
            عجم زنده کردم بدین پارسی

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              It would be awesome if Arzani played and throughout the game was showered with chants of vatan foroosh.
              huuumm.... what part of this is awesome!!??

May be people in Azadi who don't know any better would use such a chant, but I am surprised to hear that from a man who went to Sharif (more accurately called "Aryamehr").

Arzani has the right to chose what is best for him. Why would you want to takt that away from him? He exercised his right. Let's respect that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                huuumm.... what part of this is awesome!!??

May be people in Azadi who don't know any better would use such a chant, but I am surprised to hear that from a man who went to Sharif (more accurately called "Aryamehr").

Arzani has the right to chose what is best for him. Why would you want to takt that away from him? He exercised his right. Let's respect that.
                Many players wearing qatari and french jerseys have also chosen what is best for themselves.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Please guys lets stop talking about Arzani already and just be happy for him.

Now is the Iran vs. Australia rumor true or just another BS like many others ?

Has anyone heard anything about this ?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    Many players wearing qatari and french jerseys have also chosen what is best for themselves.
                    Qatar is not even 50 years old as a country. It has pretty much no distinct (i.e. 'Qatari') culture or history. 88% of the population are foreign workers, so having a Qatari 'identity' means pretty much nothing. If anything it means a superficial culture revolving around maximizing revenues for an elite class. So foreign players choosing to play for Qatar don"t have a lot of criteria to fulfill in terms of 'being Qatari' as opposed to 'being Iranian' or 'being Australian'.

In fact part of Qatari identity is buying off foreign labor (most their population is migrant workers) so those Brazilians and French playing for Qatar for cash are actually doing a pretty good job of representing the Qatari spirit and culture.
                    بسی رنج بردم در این سال سی
                    عجم زنده کردم بدین پارسی

Comment

Baba, he decided to go for Aussie, i don't know how people let themselves to judge the guy when they don't even know if IFF really approached him or not.(which i think they didn't), so leave the poor kid alone baba!

Comment

Originally posted by AsOen5 View Post
                        Exactly^^
                        Ich verstehe was du meinst, aber ich glaube das eine schließt das andere nicht aus Ich sage immer Ich bin 100% Deutscher und 100% Iraner.
                        Wir denken immer wir müssen uns für das eine oder andere entscheiden, das muss aber gar nicht so sein.

you cant be german, you will never be and also before some german stops you you shouldnt say you are german because they never accept you and will only laugh about you, germany is not canada

Comment

Originally posted by ferdowsi View Post
                          Qatar is not even 50 years old as a country. It has pretty much no distinct (i.e. 'Qatari') culture or history. 88% of the population are foreign workers, so having a Qatari 'identity' means pretty much nothing. If anything it means a superficial culture revolving around maximizing revenues for an elite class. So foreign players choosing to play for Qatar don"t have a lot of criteria to fulfill in terms of 'being Qatari' as opposed to 'being Iranian' or 'being Australian'.

In fact part of Qatari identity is buying off foreign labor (most their population is migrant workers) so those Brazilians and French playing for Qatar for cash are actually doing a pretty good job of representing the Qatari spirit and culture.
                          Please repost this when we next play qatar so we can see the responses to it and if PFDC posters (and TM players) agree with you.
                          You didn't understand the french part.

Comment

do we have two teams for next months octover friendly or not? bolivia?
                            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                              you cant be german, you will never be and also before some german stops you you shouldnt say you are german because they never accept you and will only laugh about you, germany is not canada
                              I was born in germany so:
                              I am german, I will always be german and who are you to tell me who I am or who I am not? People will only laugh at you who thinks in races and wants to tell me that I am not being german just because my parents weren't born here.
                              sigpic

Comment

With all due respect
                                You are either too naive or just purposely ignorant about this subject.
                                I tired and tried to change this topic but now I can’t.
                                It doesn’t matter if you are born in Germany,in the eyes of the white Germans with
                                German last names ,You will never be considered one of them, ever.
                                Just ask Mesut Ozil,Sami Khadeira,Saneh and many others much more high profile and famous “Germans”.
                                That is the true harsh reality about living in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                                X