Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dejagah & Shojaei will combine together for the 90 minutes in the RM position. One will start & play the first 60 mins while the other will come in in for aprox. the final 30. They are both considered among our core players but neither of them are 90 minute midfield players at this stage of their career in a WC game. They will also switch the captains armband between the two of them as well depending on who is in (although my personal first choice for captain is HajSafi). Most likely for the first game it will Shojai getting the start & Dejagah spelling, but that might change after game 1 depending on performance vs Morocco.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
      he doesn’t bring what dejagah does to the pitch, in fact, nobody does
      I like Dejagah but am recently struggling with the question of what he actually brings to the pitch. What would you say he brings? Genuinely asking

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
        I like Dejagah but am recently struggling with the question of what he actually brings to the pitch. What would you say he brings? Genuinely asking
        Occupation of a spot in the 23 man squad where an in form Kaveh Rezaei could be in instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
          I mentioned how this guy is always in ICU, it seems. He is a very talented player, but he is a huge injury problem and CQ knew this by inviting Dejagah. He has not even played 90 minutes of football in 1 year. Even substitute roles in friendlies drain Dejagah. For every one match, he needs weeks of physiotherapy. His body has broken down and cannot be fixed.
          I wish he had brought Kaveh instead, who is always in shape and not injured. He also has an incredible work rate.
          Ashkan is TM's biggest impact player when on the pitch. If there's a chance he can play, then you run a bigger risk by not bringing him at all.

Further, you assume that CQ and his coaching staff haven't been monitoring Ashkan's situation for months, when in reality, they know his injuries and prospects for recovery better than any one of us here. They've made rational choices based on the information given them, so please trust that they've made the right decision in bringing Ashkan.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
            I recommend that people with this question watch the midfield when he is playing vs other players.

He makes passes that none of our players make, he does them effortlessly, he is great at holding the ball, he has great vision , and honestly, you can tell when he plays that he plays a German football through and through! His style on the pitch is distinct.

I also recommend you watch the turkey game when he came on (where we became much better and scored a goal off his corner)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
              I recommend that people with this question watch the midfield when he is playing vs other players.

He makes passes that none of our players make, he does them effortlessly, he is great at holding the ball, he has great vision , and honestly, you can tell when he plays that he plays a German football through and through! His style on the pitch is distinct.

I also recommend you watch the turkey game when he came on (where we became much better and scored a goal off his corner)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              He also runs like a bulldozer and is extremely hard to bring down. I don't understand why people question his contribution. Granted, his injuries have been piling up and I can see him hanging up his boots in the near future, but we most definitely need him for these three upcoming games.

Comment

Also, I don't know if Askhan took Kaveh's spot. They play two different positions and have different roles within TM. If anybody took Kaveh's spot, it's Gucci.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                  Also, I don't know if Askhan took Kaveh's spot. They play two different positions and have different roles within TM. If anybody took Kaveh's spot, it's Gucci.
                  CQ has converted strikers into something else i.e. Taremi into a Left Winger, Karim into a central midfielder.

As a CAM, Kaveh can easily play that position behind Sardar - the position Dejagah plays.

Mind boggling decision, but in CQ we trust.

Comment

I don't understand how people who have seen Askhan on a live match stream on their computer a few times over the last 2 years think they have a better idea of his fitness than the coaching staff that monitors him every day and sees him in training camps in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
                      I don't understand how people who have seen Askhan on a live match stream on their computer a few times over the last 2 years think they have a better idea of his fitness than the coaching staff that monitors him every day and sees him in training camps in person.
                      no one in team melli has ashkan's combination of talent and international experience. period. the guy won the bundesliga with Wolfsburg. when you watch him on the pitch for TM he's generally mistake free and makes passes and plays that literally no one else on TM is capable of. he's a beast on defense too. Kaveh is great but he's redundant in some ways to what we already have in the squad in Taremi, Ansarifard, Ghoddos, etc.

Comment

I mentioned how this guy is always in ICU, it seems. He is a very talented player, but he is a huge injury problem and CQ knew this by inviting Dejagah. He has not even played 90 minutes of football in 1 year. Even substitute roles in friendlies drain Dejagah. For every one match, he needs weeks of physiotherapy. His body has broken down and cannot be fixed.

I wish he had brought Kaveh instead, who is always in shape and not injured. He also has an incredible work rate.
                        Tehranto jan this comment makes it seem like you don’t know football( which I know is not the case). Dejagah is the only player on TM capable of dictating play and keeping possession at a high level . Name one other player who can do that. There are a grand total of ZERO. Kaveh is an athletic forward who can press a lot, and we here assume can also play winger, but that’s never happened before for TM. There is zero relationship between him and dejagah, really no comparision

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                          no one in team melli has ashkan's combination of talent and international experience. period. the guy won the bundesliga with Wolfsburg. when you watch him on the pitch for TM he's generally mistake free and makes passes and plays that literally no one else on TM is capable of. he's a beast on defense too. Kaveh is great but he's redundant in some ways to what we already have in the squad in Taremi, Ansarifard, Ghoddos, etc.
                          No one is disputing a healthy Ashkan is irreplaceable. His talent on team is unique and no one has the qualities he does on a good day. Name another Iranian that succeeded like he did in the EPL. Problem is though, he is never healthy. We are talking about here and now. Even these training sessions have put him back into physiotherapy because he hasn't really put in major minutes in any friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            Tehranto jan this comment makes it seem like you don’t know football( which I know is not the case). Dejagah is the only player on TM capable of dictating play and keeping possession at a high level . Name one other player who can do that. There are a grand total of ZERO. Kaveh is an athletic forward who can press a lot, and we here assume can also play winger, but that’s never happened before for TM. There is zero relationship between him and dejagah, really no comparision
                            CAPABLE YES! ABLE NOT SO MUCH! He can play 30 mins at a high level than has to be subbed out because he gets tired... (That's where we need to sub in someone but who? Ghoddos? Shojaei?)

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              I don't disagree. I think Kaveh's work rate, I watched a lot of his Belgian games, is incredible. He is tireless like Teymourian, and he hasn't been well acclimated into the team (introduced in the last year) but has Majid Hosseini etc. others.

Anyway, no point rehashing the 23 man squad list. We should all support CQ and hope that Ashkan is 100% healthy for our first game vs. Morocco. He is a fantastic addition.

Comment

No one is disputing a healthy Ashkan is irreplaceable. His talent on team is unique and no one has the qualities he does on a good day. Name another Iranian that succeeded like he did in the EPL. Problem is though, he is never healthy. We are talking about here and now. Even these training sessions have put him back into physiotherapy because he hasn't really put in major minutes in any friendlies.
                                Right, but the idea that somehow we should take Kaveh instead makes no sense at all. A dejagah that can play 30 mins a game is more valuable than a kaveh when we already have sardar,karim,gucci,taremi up there

Comment

Working...
                                X