Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should have arranged friendlies with clubs .. like what they did for France 98 ..

Comment

I haven't posted in years but need to get something off my chest: Team Melli's World Cup preparations (compared to the other 31 participants) have been a complete and utter disaster by any objective measure. How can anyone claim that this latest cancelled friendly is not a big deal? Our boys clearly need more time to gel on the field and gain confidence against tougher opponents than we typically are accustomed to facing in Asia. The best way for a group of players to gel on the field is through REAL in game experience and there is NO substitute for that!

Its unfathomable that there some people here who are satisfied with how the preparations have been going and not worried about the lack of RECENT friendlies against QUALITY opponents. Playing Togo & Panama in November was great but that was to test out certain players/formations and to get exposure to non-Asian opponents in general. We didn't even know who our WC opponents would be back then and many of the guys who played on those games are not even in the picture anymore.

These May friendlies are supposed to be to specifically prepare for our upcoming group opponents. Its so annoying to keep reading people referencing those Togo/Panama games from 6 months ago as proper preparation for the upcoming tournament. We area about to play SPAIN & PORTUGAL, two powerhouses in world football, and have not played any team of their caliber in probably over three years when they had those friendlies vs Chile & Sweden in 2015. We haven't even played any western European opponents in recent memory that have a similar style of play to Spain/Portugal for us to want to have any confidence heading into those games.

I so hope I am wrong but things are not looking good for Team Melli's prospects in the World Cup. Such a shame because we arguably have more talent and best coach than ever before! Please CQ we need an additional prep match. Closed door, open door, double door, sliding door, upside down door it doesn't matter just make it happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Beeza View Post
        I haven't posted in years but need to get something off my chest: Team Melli's World Cup preparations (compared to the other 31 participants) have been a complete and utter disaster by any objective measure. How can anyone claim that this latest cancelled friendly is not a big deal? Our boys clearly need more time to gel on the field and gain confidence against tougher opponents than we typically are accustomed to facing in Asia. The best way for a group of players to gel on the field is through REAL in game experience and there is NO substitute for that!
        Its unfathomable that there some people here who are satisfied with how the preparations have been going and not worried about the lack of RECENT friendlies against QUALITY opponents. Playing Togo & Panama in November was great but that was to test out certain players/formations and to get exposure to non-Asian opponents in general. We didn't even know who our WC opponents would be back then and many of the guys who played on those games are not even in the picture anymore.
        These May friendlies are supposed to be to specifically prepare for our upcoming group opponents. Its so annoying to keep reading people referencing those Togo/Panama games from 6 months ago as proper preparation for the upcoming tournament. We area about to play SPAIN & PORTUGAL, two powerhouses in world football, and have not played any team of their caliber in probably over three years when they had those friendlies vs Chile & Sweden in 2015. We haven't even played any western European opponents in recent memory that have a similar style of play to Spain/Portugal for us to want to have any confidence heading into those games.
        I so hope I am wrong but things are not looking good for Team Melli's prospects in the World Cup. Such a shame because we arguably have more talent and best coach than ever before! Please CQ we need an additional prep match. Closed door, open door, double door, sliding door, upside down door it doesn't matter just make it happen!
        I agree with you that our prep. was garbage. The only thing we can do know,
        is hoping that we wont get raped by Spain and Portugal or put it in nicer word
        "Aberumuno Hefskonim".
        Best outcome is a draw with marocc and two narrwo loses to spain and portugal
        f.e. 2-0 to spain and 1-0 to portugal.

Comment

although perhaps we didnt have as many decent friendly games pre 2014 WC, at least we had a few (at least 2 that i remember) weeks long Preparatory and Stamina building Camps that went a Long way towards helping our players being able to compete at WC sorta pace..!!
          this time around it seems to me that we are deficient on that front, so the cancelation of the Greece game without an adequate replacement, is gonna hurt our preparedness that much more...!!
          granted we have a far superior quality and experienced squad heading into russia WC, but we also have a much tougher group than in 2014 and it just seems to me that we are INADEQUATELY PREPARED for these games as well..!!? Lets hope CQ manages to come up with a something special in terms of preparations in the next few weeks remaining..!!
          ftb, im simply not comfortable with what weve accomplished on that front..!!

Comment

Some of you guys here are absolutely clueless

TM has had 11 friendly games since we qualified for the WC last year

In 2014 we only had 4

So despite the Greece cancellation we still had a good preparation and let’s also face it we will play Brazil next September in preparation for the Asian Cup.

Comment

Sports Illustrated magazine is rolling out their previews of all 32 teams in the World Cup in the coming days, analyzing their chances in the tournament; today, they released their preview of Iran:

https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/05/31...ces-tournament

Comment

but over half of those friendlies were before we knew our group. not to mention our game vs turkey was shit. now iranian officials are getting heart attacks, teams are cancelling on us, and our coach has gone rogue. not to mention we're the only fcuking fans that cannot even wear our teams WC kit. embarrassing.

I've generally been positive with my posts, but as of the last week, all our preparation has gone to shit. we have a friendly next week, which hasn't been cancelled.... yet. but a friendly vs lithuania aint gonna help us, while our opponents are playing quality teams.

not trying to be negative, just being realistic. but i hope TM can perform well. they're playing for 90 million people.
                SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                  It's already canceled

post of the decade
                  SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    so when will it be played?
                    Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                    It's already canceled
                    The sad part was I meant this as a joke but it was actually true... that has to be a world record for fastest fifa friendly game set and cancelled within 3 hours
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if Iran vs. Morocco gets cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

, at this point we only have Lithuania left before the WC. Guys brace yourselves!

Comment

how long will we stay in istanbul and where will we go next for how long? austria? and when to russia?
                          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                            Would be nice if Spain vs Iran gets cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                              Would be nice if Spain vs Iran gets cancelled.
                              It would be even better if Spain cancels that match and we get a straight 3-0 win

Comment

Anyone notice that the Iran-Argentina YouTube video that documented our clinical counter attacking play appears to have been deleted? Hmm...

Comment

Working...
                                X