Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salah's main weapons are speed, balance and close ball control and he is all about scoring and not showing off. I suppose between Roushan, Kia, Azizi, Karimi from the old timers and Ghaedi and Gholizadeh among the newbies, each have some aspect of his game but it has not yet come together in one Iranian player. But sure, there is no reason we cannot end up with an Iranian player that good.

Comment

the delusion in this thread is something else. even most teams in the top 8-20 of world football haven't produced a salah level talent, let alone a team like Iran that on average over the past 20 years is ranked somewhere in the mid-30s. the only reason we're even comparing is because egypt's geographically/politically similar to iran.

we're comparing a guy who's been the top, key player 4-5 years in a row for a champions league-contending side to azmoun, taremi, karimi, daei...just ridiculous.

Daei had maybe 2.5 respectable seasons in the bundesliga. none were great. karimi played 2 inconsistent seasons with Bayern. azmoun is the best player in Russia, which isn't even a top-7 european league.

when it's all said and done: azmoun, taremi, hashemian and mahdavikia will be our only 4 legionnaires all-time with respectable CVs in Europe. AJB maybe if he picks it up.

I don't buy the anti-Iran bias thing either. Yes, it has an impact, but not what people make it out to be. european clubs scrape the far corners of the earth trying to find underutilized talent. iranian players may have the technical and physical ability to make it, but also present "cultural" risk that these clubs don't want to take (ghorbat, inability or unwillingness to adapt to language, coming from too different a culture...). and then you had the political friction on top and you have a perfect storm.

Comment

What good is a Salah level player if your team can’t make it out of the World Cup group stage loses to Saudi Arabia who got destroyed by Russia. Football is a team sport the question we should be asking is can we ever produce a team that can make a Costa Rica or Croatia level run at the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          the delusion in this thread is something else. even most teams in the top 8-20 of world football haven't produced a salah level talent, let alone a team like Iran that on average over the past 20 years is ranked somewhere in the mid-30s. the only reason we're even comparing is because egypt's geographically/politically similar to iran.

we're comparing a guy who's been the top, key player 4-5 years in a row for a champions league-contending side to azmoun, taremi, karimi, daei...just ridiculous.

Daei had maybe 2.5 respectable seasons in the bundesliga. none were great. karimi played 2 inconsistent seasons with Bayern. azmoun is the best player in Russia, which isn't even a top-7 european league.

when it's all said and done: azmoun, taremi, hashemian and mahdavikia will be our only 4 legionnaires all-time with respectable CVs in Europe. AJB maybe if he picks it up.

I don't buy the anti-Iran bias thing either. Yes, it has an impact, but not what people make it out to be. european clubs scrape the far corners of the earth trying to find underutilized talent. iranian players may have the technical and physical ability to make it, but also present "cultural" risk that these clubs don't want to take (ghorbat, inability or unwillingness to adapt to language, coming from too different a culture...). and then you had the political friction on top and you have a perfect storm.
          I agree except about the anti iran bias. Clubs doesn't look at the whole world to find players. They just look at their favorite market (brazil, denmark for Dutch clubs, etc..) and work with recommendations from coach and agent.
          Except some belgian and portuguese clubs that have iran in their considered market (last of the list though)

Comment

Originally posted by 026121 View Post
            What good is a Salah level player if your team can’t make it out of the World Cup group stage loses to Saudi Arabia who got destroyed by Russia. Football is a team sport the question we should be asking is can we ever produce a team that can make a Costa Rica or Croatia level run at the World Cup.
            Egypt is on the good side politically. They are under ksa umbrella, old English colony, the ancient Egypt is known by the whole world (while nobody have heard about ancient persia).

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              honestly players like son and salah are not better than Taremi or azmoun ! They are just lucky that:

A.) they were born in different country than iran ! south korea and egypt . (they have good relation with rest of the world)
              B.) They fit their new team that can feed them goals! 80-90% of son's goals are spoon fed by his team mates!

Don't get me wrong son and salah are great players but they are no better than Azmoun and taremi.
              I have No idea what makes people think that azmoun and taremi are world class players. They are nowhere near that. When experts are asked to name the best forwards / strikers in the world, they don't mention azmoun and taremi for a reason.

World class = the world standard / top few strikers/forwards in the world, such as Lewandowski, halaand, mbappe, lukaku, Salah, Son, aubameyang, benzema, among others.

Have you seen some of son's and Salahs incredible goals in the EPL which neither azmoun or taremi have ever even come close to replicating?

Here's sons goal that won the PUSKAS award for best goal in the world last year https://youtu.be/2SATljljXCY

Here's a few more of sons goals https://youtu.be/ahPdfGBLGBo

You mention they're lucky to be fed great passes from teammates right??

Then how are both Salah and son scoring incredible solo goals in a much tougher league like the EPL, something azmoun and taremi can't do even in Russia or Portugal.

I'm not saying the only way to prove you're the best is by scoring via long solo runs but it does disprove your initial point and they're generally scoring even better goals and better performances in a tougher league.

You guys need to be more realistic and much less biased in your judgment of players.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                I have No idea what makes people think that azmoun and taremi are world class players. They are nowhere near that. When experts are asked to name the best forwards / strikers in the world, they don't mention azmoun and taremi for a reason.

World class = the world standard / top few strikers/forwards in the world, such as Lewandowski, halaand, mbappe, lukaku, Salah, Son, aubameyang, benzema, among others.

Have you seen some of son's and Salahs incredible goals in the EPL which neither azmoun or taremi have ever even come close to replicating?

Here's sons goal that won the PUSKAS award for best goal in the world last year https://youtu.be/2SATljljXCY

Here's a few more of sons goals https://youtu.be/ahPdfGBLGBo

You mention they're lucky to be fed great passes from teammates right??

Then how are both Salah and son scoring incredible solo goals in a much tougher league like the EPL, something azmoun and taremi can't do even in Russia or Portugal.

I'm not saying the only way to prove you're the best is by scoring via long solo runs but it does disprove your initial point and they're generally scoring even better goals and better performances in a tougher league.

You guys need to be more realistic and much less biased in your judgment of players.
                Taremi has scored incredible goals, both in champions league and portuguese league.
                Salah was at the best swiss club and then only played in top teams (Chelsea roma Liverpool) while our players were fkking around in iran, qatar and even Russia for too long.
                Playing in top teams even in portugal or Russia teach you some important thing but you also need to play in top to reach the next level. Something our players are denied access

Comment

Honestly Egypt legionnaires list isn't that impressive,besides Salah and one or two other EPL players

Comment

Originally posted by 026121 View Post
                    The last world cup is down to our failure of a manager at the time and his negative tactics but mostly he got the team selection completely wrong as we were in transition, so the tournament also came at the wrong time. 95% of the squad from the last WC don't get called up anymore. Salah was still injured during the WC ant wasn't as effective despite scoring twice. Next WC will be completely different as we're much stronger currently than then.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      Honestly Egypt legionnaires list isn't that impressive,besides Salah and one or two other EPL players
                      Our starting 11 all have the talent to play in Europe's top leagues, no doubt. We have the strongest and richest league in Africa by far, so the players who are contracted by the top two clubs are on high wages and are rarely let go even when there are European offers. It's the ones like Salah, Marmoush, Trezeguet etc. who came through the ranks of smaller clubs and left to Europe. I see 3-4 players making the jump after the WC, especially our fullbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                        The last world cup is down to our failure of a manager at the time and his negative tactics but mostly he got the team selection completely wrong as we were in transition, so the tournament also came at the wrong time. 95% of the squad from the last WC don't get called up anymore. Salah was still injured during the WC ant wasn't as effective despite scoring twice. Next WC will be completely different as we're much stronger currently than then.
                        Honestly i think Egypt lost to Saudi Arabia on purpose or maybe they got paid to lose?! It was a strange game, what do you say?

Comment

Our starting 11 all have the talent to play in Europe's top leagues, no doubt. We have the strongest and richest league in Africa by far, so the players who are contracted by the top two clubs are on high wages and are rarely let go even when there are European offers. It's the ones like Salah, Marmoush, Trezeguet etc. who came through the ranks of smaller clubs and left to Europe. I see 3-4 players making the jump after the WC, especially our fullbacks.
                          Iran has also the same problem of export to Europe but for different reasons : politics, sanctions, bad reputation of Iran. Big wages in our case are from Qatar/uae.

When our players go through from small team/league of Europe, they success is hardly (never) rewarded with a big team/big league move after

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                            Honestly i think Egypt lost to Saudi Arabia on purpose or maybe they got paid to lose?! It was a strange game, what do you say?
                            At 1-0, Salah missed a 1v1 with the keeper to make it 2 haha
                            Honestly with the old regime in charge, I don't rule out anything. Our worst player at the WC was our over the hill RB who wasn't even first choice for his club in Egypt. This over a younger RB who was a starter for a club in the Premier League. Makes no sense. They definitely played favourites and I could see them taking bribes as they the FA was very corrupt. The whole EFA got sacked right after the WC and rebuilt from the ground up.
                            Our squad now is much better off for it as the right players are being selected, and I can see Queiroz instilling stability.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Iran has also the same problem of export to Europe but for different reasons : politics, sanctions, bad reputation of Iran. Big wages in our case are from Qatar/uae.
                              When our players go through from small team/league of Europe, they success is hardly (never) rewarded with a big team/big league move after
                              I remember that Iranian player who was in the PL. I think he scored that one goal against Chelsea? What happened to him?

We have similar issues but more so greedy Egyptian clubs holding players hostage with long contracts. Only the really motivated players are the ones who push through to force moves.

Comment

I remember that Iranian player who was in the PL. I think he scored that one goal against Chelsea? What happened to him?

We have similar issues but more so greedy Egyptian clubs holding players hostage with long contracts. Only the really motivated players are the ones who push through to force moves.
                                Jahanbakhsh didn't succeed in brighton and went to feyenoord this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X