Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the starting goalkeeper during the World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will be the starting goalkeeper during the World Cup?

Hello everyone, as the world cup is approaching quickly, I have seen on the forum people are arguing about who the better goalie is. So this will be the ultimate thread and we will see how it develops.
    Personally, I am a huge Haghighi fan, especially how he rebounded after his injury. In my opinion he is the best goalie that we have, he'll dive for every ball and he'll make nice saves. As for Beiranvand to be completely honest he scares me. I've seen him let in easy goals with Iran and Perspolis. Sometimes he just stands still when a header comes in for example.
    The other options are Mazaheri which I thought played a phenomenal half vs Venezuela but I don't think it's enough to judge him yet. Finally as for Abedzadeh, I really like him and from the little of what I've seen he plays with confidence. Skill wise I think he might be better than our other goalies.
    I think CQ will surprise us and start Abedzadeh during one of the WC matches (if he ends up being on the squad). In 2014 Haghighi was a complete surprise, no one expected CQ to start him and he played phenomenology well. I think something similar might happen this time around.
    Beiranvand
    0%
    Haghighi
    0%
    Mazaheri
    0%
    Abedzadeh
    0%

We have thread for this already.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      We have thread for this already.
      link please. I checked, there is no poll for all the goalies. Only Haghighi vs Beira

Comment

Please, anyone but Beiranvand. The number of screw ups he's had is more than the number of good saves. I feel much more confident with Haghighi. My actual pick for starter though would be Mazaheri. I've been really impressed by his performances. He has great reflexes. As for Abedzadeh, I haven't seen much of him to judge, but he's doing very well apparently.

Comment

If our GK situation remains as is or somewhat similar to how it is these days..! Frankly I’d rather Carlos only takes 2 GKs to Russia & instead make room for an additional attacker/winger.

I don’t see almost any scenario where we could become desperate for a 3rd keeper on the bench...!

Comment

For me its between Mazaheri and Abedzadeh.

Comment

Include Akhbari, Lak, and Sosha on the poll too

Comment

I think it will be Beiranvand but if you ask me I prefer Abedzadeh or Mazaheri.

I don't know how much this matters but Abedzadeh and Haghighi are used to playing against Portuguese players so that might be something to think about.

Abedzadeh and Beiranvand have great distribution skills which we will need against Spain in particular to start counter attacks.

Against Morocco we need to be quite risky and really go for a win because that's our best chance of getting it. I'd like someone like Abedzadeh because I believe he's a winners mentality more

Comment

CQ seems to like/trust Beiro for some odd reason I don’t see him benching him come June....that would be very surprising IMO
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                    Include Akhbari, Lak, and Sosha on the poll too
                    How do I edit the poll?

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                      How do I edit the poll?
                      No need to add them, they're not starter worthy. Especially not Sosha and Lak

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        CQ seems to like/trust Beiro for some odd reason I don’t see him benching him come June....that would be very surprising IMO
                        Let’s hope CQ quits that fetish asap otherwise we will head to home with 0 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          Let’s hope CQ quits that fetish asap otherwise we will head to home with 0 points.
                          Agreed I pray before I go to sleep every night that CQ will come to his senses before it’s to late and the above mentioned becomes a reality. Cristiano Ronaldo and morata will have a feast with Beiro
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

This is the position we suffer the most, sadly since Abedzadeh retirement, no keeper showed any level of consistency with exception of Rahmati for few years(despite his weakness on cross balls), unfortunately having a shitty character ruined his career. Other than that it is pretty disappointing to see our keeper situation. You can start any of these fours names, in fact you can add few others(Niazmand, Akhbari, Hosseini) to this list and all more or less are in same level.
                            I still think if Beiranvand put his act together he should start and will mainly because he was starter in most of matches in over a year now, my preference is Mazaheri but then he suffers from the same inconsistency issues.

Comment

Beiranvand -

Pros : Chemistry with defense and especially PP players, solid in WCQ , great distribution ( kicking and throwing), exits solid when in good form, incredible physique, ability to make world class saves ( Russia game for ex)
                              Cons: Lack of fundamentals ( starting being GK at age 16, didnt experience professional GK coaching until PP ) , exits shaky when low on confidence

Haghighi -

Pros : WC Experience, good shot stopper, solid distribution, Euro experience
                              Cons : Absolutely shocking exits. Not confidence linked, he is generally just garbage at coming off his line to catch, punch, etc. Rahmati levels.

Mazaheri -

Pros - Solid All around GK, exits okay, strong shot stopper, calm demeanour
                              Cons - Lack of experience with defenders, lack of WC /WCQ or other high intensity experience for TM.

Abedzadeh

Pros - Euro experience, calm, good shot stopper, excellent distribution and foot skills
                              Cons - Lack of any experience , TM or club, suspect positioning

Overall : For the positive attributes mentioned I go with Beiranvand. Yes he can be shaky, but he is probably our best bet. He can make saves that none of the others can, and his throws are a weapon on the counterattack, as are his kicks. We have to trust him. His performances have all been looking really good for PP after a shaky period around Syria match. We just need him to be high on confidence for WC. A high on confidence beiranvand is by far our best option, as his exits are way more assured when he is in a good mental place, which I think he will be now that the shit with PP fans is behind him.

Second choice, Mazaheri. Very all around solid gk. just not as much potential to bail us out as beiranvand. But if beiranvand is out of form, I would go for Mazaheri.

Comment

Working...
                              X