This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
    ^Ever Thought that there might be a reason why the one plays for a fluid attacking top team and the other for a struggling defensive oriented team?
    Yeah actually. I don’t think it’s for lack of comparable quality. I think the roots run deeper, starting at European scouting of Korean talents vs Iranian ones etc etc etc a story told millions of times.

Comment

ARJ isn’t even the best Iranian player, how do people think that he is better than Son? SMH!

Comment

Jahanbakhsh is no doubt very talented individually. I think his potential is possibly higher than Son. Whether it becomes actualized is another thing.

Comment

Son is struggling this season, though. It was his first goal in 2018/19.

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
            Son is struggling this season, though. It was his first goal in 2018/19.
            True it was his first goal but his performances have actually been pretty good apart from not finishing until this wonder-goal.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
              ARJ isn’t even the best Iranian player, how do people think that he is better than Son? SMH!
              I'm not saying Jahanbakhsh is better than Son but an Iranian player doesn't necessarily have to be the best player of his country to be better than Son. Having said that, Son is overrated and so is the EPL

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                Jahanbakhsh is no doubt very talented individually. I think his potential is possibly higher than Son. Whether it becomes actualized is another thing.
                What makes you say that? Son is only 1 year (and 1 month) older and this is his 4th season with Tottenham. Before that he had 2 seasons at Bayer and before that he was playing HSV..
                What has JB done that you think he has a higher potential except of being born in Iran?

Comment

Son is a world class striker.

AJ is struggling in Brighton

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                    I'm not saying Jahanbakhsh is better than Son but an Iranian player doesn't necessarily have to be the best player of his country to be better than Son. Having said that, Son is overrated and so is the EPL
                    Technically you are absolutely correct. Son is definitely top 3 Korean player ever in their history with Park Ji-Sung and Cha Bum-Kun. Never saw Ken play but his resume is impressive. Son could end up being their best ever. My argument was predicated on the fact that Son is one of their best ever and ARJ isn’t even the best we have now. Its not like we are comparing best between Iran and Afghanistan. Korea is on par with Iran when it comes to level of football.

Comment

My Korean friends always say they're scared of Azmoun and that Son isn't as good for country as he is for club.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                        Technically you are absolutely correct. Son is definitely top 3 Korean player ever in their history with Park Ji-Sung and Cha Bum-Kun. Never saw Ken play but his resume is impressive. Son could end up being their best ever. My argument was predicated on the fact that Son is one of their best ever and ARJ isn’t even the best we have now. Its not like we are comparing best between Iran and Afghanistan. Korea is on par with Iran when it comes to level of football.
                        Yes i agree, Korea is on par with Iran when it comes to level of football. Though i'd argue that on an individual level we have more talented players (naturally gifted) than Korea (on average) at our disposal. If we had their football federation and their overall situation and environment (institutions), i reckon we'd be much better than them.

Comment

Big lol at this comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                            What makes you say that? Son is only 1 year (and 1 month) older and this is his 4th season with Tottenham. Before that he had 2 seasons at Bayer and before that he was playing HSV..
                            What has JB done that you think he has a higher potential except of being born in Iran?
                            Two-footed, good pace, good shot, high footballing IQ, and hard-working. He has the attributes to be a very good player in one of the top 4 leagues in Europe. His current shortcomings are his emotions & self-confidence. He can get stressed or try too hard, which can hinder his ability on the field. Or in not wanting to make a mistake, he won't play with the sharp decisiveness that he's capable of.

Additionally, he's still getting used to EPL and is playing on a defensive team. If he can get past those things then yes, he can be as good as Son one day--or even be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                              Two-footed, good pace, good shot, high footballing IQ, and hard-working. He has the attributes to be a very good player in one of the top 4 leagues in Europe. His current shortcomings are his emotions & self-confidence. He can get stressed or try too hard, which can hinder his ability on the field. Or in not wanting to make a mistake, he won't play with the sharp decisiveness that he's capable of.

Additionally, he's still getting used to EPL and is playing on a defensive team. If he can get past those things then yes, he can be as good as Son one day--or even be better.
                              So Son doesn't have those things? Obviously we all agree that JB has the potential to become a good player in one of the top 4 leagues, however Son already is (and was at a younger age).
                              So only looking at the current achievements and stats available, there is no way one could say JB has more potential than Son, apart from him being Iranian. Anything can happen in the future, that's kinda the beauty of football, but the chances aren't in JB's favour.

Azmoun had a good shot 2 years ago and could potentially become Asia's best player, but also he is getting older and not really progressing. Hopefully he make some steps the coming years.

Comment

I think you're all missing the ball in this one. A far more pertinent and factually more comparable question would be: Who was better Ostadasadi or Zidane?

Comment

Working...
                                X