La Liga and Irancell Sign Broadcasting Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Liga and Irancell Sign Broadcasting Agreement

Iran’s second largest mobile operator, MTN-Irancell signed an online broadcasting rights agreement with La Liga .

The deal was signed on Tuesday in Tehran by Irancell CEO Alireza Ghalambor Dezfouli and Javier Gomez Molina, corporate general manager of La Liga , Khabar Online reported.

“This agreement amplifies further the global recognition of La Liga brand … it helps us to connect and engage further with our millions of fans in Iran in a very innovative way,” said Gomez.

La Liga , or the Primera Division, is the top professional association football division of the Spanish football league system. It has a strong following in Iran and has strategically targeted what is seen as a committed and passionate football market for a content-led growth for its brand.

“Associating La Liga with Irancell allows us to innovate in terms of content production and content distribution. This is a world first sponsorship and content agreement for La Liga ,” La Liga ’s head of global partnerships Gregory Bolle said.

La Liga games, exclusive interviews with players and documentaries about Spanish teams will be broadcasted through Irancell’s Internet Protocol television service Lenz.

In addition to a dedicated website Lenz.ir, the services are accessible through Android and iOS applications available for download on Google Play and Café Bazaar (Android) and Apple’s App Store.

Irancell is set to launch a football talent scouting network through which youngsters can upload videos of themselves playing the sport. The videos will be evaluated by professionals and be introduced to local and foreign football clubs. The talent scouting program will be under Spanish retired footballer Fernando Morientes.

Morientes was present at the signing ceremony along with former Real Madrid player Fernando Sanz Durán and Iranian footballers Javad Nekonam and Seyyed Jalal Hosseini.
    https://financialtribune.com/article...ting-agreement
    Last edited by Mr Pouya; 12-16-2017, 01:00 PM.

Comment

so irancell will broadcast via some sort of app? or is it a TV channel?
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Nice
        Very encouraging development

Comment

That feel when La Liga gets broadcasting money from Iran/Iranian company but our own teams get zilch from IRIB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
            That feel when La Liga gets broadcasting money from Iran/Iranian company but our own teams get zilch from IRIB.
            foreign worship. We treat each other like crap but bend backwards for foreigners. We think we are inferior and others, by virtue of their non-Persianness, are superior.

Either way, this is a positive development - I am just speaking generally.

Comment

So... Not following, what is the point of this agreement exactly?

Also: https://www.instagram.com/p/BcwtM6In...en-by=irancell

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                So... Not following, what is the point of this agreement exactly?

Also: https://www.instagram.com/p/BcwtM6In...en-by=irancell
                IranCell will broadcast live La Liga games on their internet tv service (similar to Amazon Prime), “Lenz”. This will only be available to people who live in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                  IranCell will broadcast live La Liga games on their internet tv service (similar to Amazon Prime), “Lenz”. This will only be available to people who live in Iran.
                  Damn, I wish I lived in Iran :/

Comment

Iranians living in Iran aren’t in the best conditions, you have it way better in the US lol
                    Plus you have more choices when it comes to satellite packages/internet services etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Just to see Irancell advertisements in a La Liga match? Lol baba to dige ki hasti.

Comment

Some years ago I saw "Parsonline" ads on La liga match Barcelona/Real Madrid, Atletico/Barcelona

Comment

Working...
                        X