Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Socceroos set to hire Carlos Queiroz: Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL socceroos seem like that desperate friend zoned guy who keeps texting to hang out. Socceroos beta af
    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Queiroz will either stay for the Asian Cup or retire. He's 64. Management is such a stressful job.

Comment

I have a feeling after the WC he will take helm of USA’s football team. He wants to live relaxer with his family in a western country. And America would be a great fit for him. Football fans are not as crazed and obsessive. Plus he doesn’t need to constantly fight with the respective football federation over camps and decent friendlies etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
          I have a feeling after the WC he will take helm of USA’s football team. He wants to live relaxer with his family in a western country. And America would be a great fit for him. Football fans are not as crazed and obsessive. Plus he doesn’t need to constantly fight with the respective football federation over camps and decent friendlies etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          In that case australia would be a good fit as well.

Comment

i think after the world cup he will either coach iran or retire, no need to go USA or aus, create stress for himself, people might think he has a hard time in iran, he is living very well in iran

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
              In that case australia would be a good fit as well.
              Yes, but from the financial point Of view, I highly doubt Australian FA would pay what the Americans may be willing to pay him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is b.s. news and utterly not true!

1. Queiroz is going to the World Cup as Head Coach of Team Melli. He is no fool to take up the socceroos job.

2. Aussies are very nationalistic and want to have a local as head coach, their panel favours Graham Arnold who was Head Coach during their failed 2007 AFC Nations Cup.

3. Foreign coaches all had problems with Football Federation Australia [most notably Pim Verbeek who is current Head Coach of Oman and Holger Osieck] , even the great Gus Hiddink stayed less than a year. Although it seems Klinsmann is interested in the vacancy but then again I think if he does become Head Coach he will just stay for the World Cup or maximum until the end of 2019 AFC Nations Cup.

4. FFA favours Head Coach who is a Dutch or German or British or Italian national. Even for player selections they always prefer players with Italian, Croatian, British, Irish, German and Dutch ancestry. Sometimes in the entire squad there are 4 players of Italian and another 3 or 4 of Croatian ancestry and the others are British/Irish/German/Dutch.

5. FFA are scrooge and won't spend lots on a foreign coach for long term. They prefer local so they pay peanuts.
                Last edited by Rooyintan; 12-08-2017, 10:16 PM. Reason: fixed typos

Comment

Ghalat kardan. It’s not happening.

Carlos is more likely to take a selfie with a kangaroo than to sign with Australia lol. Especially before the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                    Ghalat kardan. It’s not happening.

Carlos is more likely to take a selfie with a kangaroo than to sign with Australia lol. Especially before the World Cup.
                    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...aroo&FORM=IGRE

I checked and so far we're good ..... no sign of CQ
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

CQ wont sign for aus, i think CQ believe Iran is better than Aus, we have more talent and football is bigger in iran, i agree infustructure is a issue, but i think CQ has done a good job handaling it, and we saw it for the 2018 wcq, we played 10 games won 6 and draw 4, only let in 2 goals in the last game and we should not have concided, we have not lost to a Asian team since 2013 in a competitive 90 min game. Hence CQ is comftable in iran, he wont go Aus

Comment

Rumours Dispelled:

Australia approaches Scolari for World Cup job

12 Dec 2017 - 19:30
                        Australia approaches Scolari for World Cup job
                        Luiz Felipe Scolari (Reuters / File Photo)
                        By Andrew Downie / Reuters

SAO PAULO: Australia have approached World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari about leading them to the 2018 tournament in Russia, the former Brazil and Portugal boss has told Reuters. Scolari, who recently ended a two-and-a-half year stint with a club side in China, said the Socceroos had spoken with his agent about him replacing Ange Postecoglou, who resigned in November.

"I am one of the names they spoke with... to see if I was interested in taking them to the World Cup," Scolari told Reuters in an exclusive interview on Tuesday."

Scolari said he was happy to discuss a role with the Australians, but would want it to be long-term, not just for the June-July 2018 tournament.

"I don't intend in just taking a team to the World Cup," the former Chelsea manager added. "I intend on leading a team with an organized project for one or two years. But I am interested."

Comment

Working...
                        X