Spain, Portugal and Morocco's World Cup Preparation matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisian homie View Post
    I think Portugal may suprise everyone once again. I see their game vs Spain as 50/50.
    let's hope they play a game full of injuries and red cards
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Guys if you look at the previous world cups, youd be shocked at how many group stage upsets there were!!

Did u guys know Korea and Japan made it to the knockout stages in 2010? And that France and Italy both came last in their group??

Australia even had 4 points and beat good teams like Serbia, while New Zealand tied Italy 1-1

No this is not a joke.. NEW ZEALAND TIED ITALY 1-1!!

Screw those people who don't give us a chance.. we are Asia's #1 team for gods sake. And even if we tie against morocco, we aren't gonna take shit from either Spain or Portugal.

I think we can really make it out of the group stages.

Comment

Not Group B related, but Saudi playing pretty well vs. Germany.

We make fun of them a lot but they have invested in great friendlies.

Comment

Wow - great chance by Saudi Arabia, goes wide.

They are playing real well. Kudos to them.

Comment

Another chance by the Saudis! They are out playing the Germans the last 15 minutes. If Iran played like this we would say we are winning the World Cup lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

I am watching the game and i have to say they have a real good passing game. Moreover I HATE how arrogant most people here are. Making fun of SA... Even if the love 0-100 what do we get... Hope this will change one day in iranians mind...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post
                I am watching the game and i have to say they have a real good passing game. Moreover I HATE how arrogant most people here are. Making fun of SA... Even if the love 0-100 what do we get... Hope this will change one day in iranians mind...
                Again, these friendlies are genuinely not important, people try out new things. We can't infer anything in terms of final result and performance from them.

Case in point: 2002 world cup

Saudi Arabia lost 8-0 to Germany and 3-0 to Ireland

Do you know what their results were in their last three friendlies before the world cup?

Three wins - They beat Uruguay, Senegal and South Africa (3-2, 3-2, 1-0). Just before that they lost 0-1 to Brazil in a very tight match.

Not directed to you but at some of the other guys here: A genuine question, is this you first full world cup qualifier period? Why is everyone going so crazy about friendly results and performances....? These games are nothing, only the world cup matters.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Again, these friendlies are genuinely not important, people try out new things. We can't infer anything in terms of final result and performance from them.

Case in point: 2002 world cup

Saudi Arabia lost 8-0 to Germany and 3-0 to Ireland

Do you know what their results were in their last three friendlies before the world cup?

Three wins - They beat Uruguay, Senegal and South Africa (3-2, 3-2, 1-0). Just before that they lost 0-1 to Brazil in a very tight match.

Not directed to you but at some of the other guys here: A genuine question, is this you first full world cup qualifier period? Why is everyone going so crazy about friendly results and performances....? These games are nothing, only the world cup matters.
                  Thank you for this. So true. And Senegal, after losing to that shitty Saudi team right before the World Cup, ended up being the surprise of the tournament (not counting South Korea because they cheated) by knocking out France and Uruguay and making the quarterfinals. So you have two examples of why friendlies don't mean shit.

Comment

Great move by the Saudis, they almost scor. They are throwing Germany off a bit with their pace and playing courageously. Meaning, they are not afraid of the World Cup favourites.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

if they had the same sanctions we did, they'd be lucky to get a friendly with their Bahraini buddies.

uruguay played uzbekistan yesterday, a friendly between iran and uruguay would have been beneficial for both sides, but as CQ has stated, nobody wants to play us.

and Nike is Saudi's kit provider yet they boycott us. it just adds salt the the wound. wouldn't be surprised if they were bribed to do that.
                      SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
                        if they had the same sanctions we did, they'd be lucky to get a friendly with their Bahraini buddies.

uruguay played uzbekistan yesterday, a friendly between iran and uruguay would have been beneficial for both sides, but as CQ has stated, nobody wants to play us.

and Nike is Saudi's kit provider yet they boycott us. it just adds salt the the wound. wouldn't be surprised if they were bribed to do that.
                        Nothing against you, but I don't care about any of this right now.

Comment

Fact is, Saudis have a much better rapport internationally with countries (diplomacy) than IR.

And Iranians have to suffer while Saudis can schedule the best preparation friendlies, camps etc. possible.

Our football is a consequence of our shitty political system, but let's blame everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                            Nothing against you, but I don't care about any of this right now.
                            so what do you care about right now?
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

Only the match itself: Morocco vs Iran

Nothing else matters anymore once the two teams are on the field.

Comment

Saudis losing only 2-1 to Germany and Iran looking like a mess.

Just not a good time to be a TM fan right now. And I am usually positive. Things just don't look good for us now.

Comment

Working...
                                X