Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
    For those that don’t want to click the link:

I still think Hoorad jan has shortchanged us here. There are a few noticeable absentees in that squad.
    One is Ali Alipour, the second best striker that Iran currently has at its disposal.
    Another is Hosseini at GK. He is pretty much our number 1 Gk going into the WC for me.
    Can anyone else name more?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They aren’t mine. I stole all these squads off Reddit’s Squad depth >_>
    Never in my life would I have Mahini or Ansari near a WC squad XD

Comment

I ma pretty sure all Iran matches will be played very defensively. Especially against Spain and Portugal. CQ would be mad to open of the team in an attacking style soccer. He will wait for a mistake from these teams. They are bound to have a flat back line once or twice. Iran only needs a 1-0 or 0-0. And I am sure this is thought that concerns all these teams playing Iran.
      .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

For those that don’t want to click the link:

I still think Hoorad jan has shortchanged us here. There are a few noticeable absentees in that squad.

One is Ali Alipour, the second best striker that Iran currently has at its disposal.

Another is Hosseini at GK. He is pretty much our number 1 Gk going into the WC for me.

Can anyone else name more?

Ghoddos in the middle and Dejagah on the right. Jahanbaksh on the left to cut in and shoot.

Comment

Hoorad

Very nicely done my friend 🤝👏👌

Comment

That Portuguese midfield combination of Mario and Moutinho is very slow.

We can definitely take advantage of that.

Very true.

I’ve watched both play a lot and neither is crazy or special.

Also, their defenders aren’t that good.
            They had a lot of luck in their euro championship.

AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
              Very true.

I’ve watched both play a lot and neither is crazy or special.

Also, their defenders aren’t that good.
              They had a lot of luck in their euro championship.

Agreed, and Jose Fonte is playing Asian football so he shouldnt be much of a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                Agreed, and Jose Fonte is playing Asian football so he shouldnt be much of a challenge
                They played him in Euros but idk if they're gonna call him up anymore since hes in China

Comment

I am very relaxed about the Portugal game. I mean, they are the current European Champions and all that, but IMO, there are nowhere near the best side in Europe.

Their team is always very inconsistent in group stages of major tournaments (they qualified to second round of EU16 with 3 draws), but turn it up in KO footy. This is a team that was on verge of drawing ANDORRA until they brought Ronaldo off the bench.

Comment

The difference between iran and portugal was higher in 2006 world cup, as it will probably be this time. i think we are now better, and portugal of 2006 was better as current portugal. but still ronaldo and quaresma and co. will be hard to beat. but it will be like an final match, if we can win our first match.
                    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                      The difference between iran and portugal was higher in 2006 world cup, as it will probably be this time. i think we are now better, and portugal of 2006 was better as current portugal. but still ronaldo and quaresma and co. will be hard to beat. but it will be like an final match, if we can win our first match.
                      I still remember the FIFA highlights of that match where we all saw you with your horn (boogh)

We played well, but Portugal were too strong. If only Rasoul Khatibi scored that goal. We also didn’t get too many chances in front of their goal and the chances we did get we didn’t capitalize on. We almost got scored on twice in the first half if it wasn’t for Mirzapour’s nice save and Kaabi covering our post that other time.

Anyways I know you know all of this as you were in the stadium lol. Even though we didn’t make it out of the group it was a decent performance.

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                        quaresma.. dont worry we will let Milad Mohammadi loose on him.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                          I still remember the FIFA highlights of that match where we all saw you with your horn (boogh)
                          We played well, but Portugal were too strong. If only Rasoul Khatibi scored that goal. We also didn’t get too many chances in front of their goal and the chances we did get we didn’t capitalize on. We almost got scored on twice in the first half if it wasn’t for Mirzapour’s nice save and Kaabi covering our post that other time.
                          Anyways I know you know all of this as you were in the stadium lol. Even though we didn’t make it out of the group it was a decent performance.

I will be in the next Fifa Highlights exactly (!) with the same hat, boogh and glasses....same outfit, watch out for me.....if we qualify for next round, probably i will run into the field...

ll
                          ll
                          ll
                          ll
                          V
                          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                          -

Comment

The past 3 games for Iran have been really well. And Amir Abedzadeh just became Martimos main goalkeeper, but for the friendly they have to try him out. So with Morocco have had 3 really good games. And Morocco has a left back from Real Madrid Achraf Hakimi. And Spain’s last game was not that good vs Russia it was 3 to 3, and the game before they won 5 to nothing vs Costa Rica which was really good. And Marco Asensio and Alvaro Morata have been playing great so far. Portugal has not been playing so great last game they tied USA 1 to 1. And Andre Silva has been amazing for Portugal and Cristiano Ronaldo for Real Madrid his games are 287 and 302 goals. So Iran might have a chance to get out of there group. Probably Iran and Portugal will go or Portugal and Spain

Comment

Al-Rayyan's Moroccan midfielder Mouhsinne Moutouali accues Herve Renard of receiving money to invite players to the NT.

Renard already responded.
                              http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/m...e-1396707.html

Comment

Bruma was looking dangerous for Leipzig match, he is one we need to watch out for.

Comment

Working...
                                X