tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tournament

I just reading that Iran will be in Qatar for a tournament against good team: Uruguay, Poland, and Qatar will be there fgor the tournament in March 2018. This would be good for Team-Melli for the upcoming World Cup 2018

This whole thing is very confusing. Is Iran setting this up? Or is Qatar setting up a tournament to get their team ready for WC2022?

EDITED: If Qatar is setting this up...I take away all the hate statements I have said about their NT.
    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Iran should milk the most out of this Qatar alliance they have currently.

They should use their state of the facilities to get ready for Russia.

Comment

Uruguay are actually similar to portugal, a very good tournament team, if not better. They have excellent forwards ( similar to dealing with ronaldo, but prob harder bc you have to deal with Cavani and Suarez), tricky wingers in Sanchez, de arrascaeta, Maxi Gomez and an excellent defense with Gimenez, Godin, Coates,Perreira, Silva, Lemos, etc. I would rather play Portugal than them. Very strong team and excellent prep.

Poland will actually be very similar to portugal as well. One talisman in lewandowski with good supporting cast and defense, plus very physical test for our boys.

Playing qatar again will be a chance for some of our subs to make a case for themselves, plus a chance to give our offense more time to gel, plus weaker opposition to get into their groove.

If this tournament goes through, and everybody brings their A teams which I expect, then we really should just get one more friendly against Tunisia/Egypt/Algeria and then have one friendly against a weaker team in our Russia camp, probably vs somebody nearby , even Armenia, Azerbaijan, Estonia wouldnt be bad just to confidence up, final tactics prior to opening game.

Comment

I presume the format will be a semi final, final format. So at best each team will play 2 other teams, so possibly iran will miss playing either poland or uruguay.

Comment

http://www.tehrantimes.com/news/4190...all-tournament

Comment

Inaraenwetrust

I agree with you a %100 , I just wish I dead if Poland we could have played Croatia because they are very similar to Spain

Comment

How come it's only Iranian media posting about this???

Comment

why poland and uruguay, how we are going to prepare for morroco, or we just not going to get ready for them?

Comment

Working...
                  X