Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kastro View Post
    Sounds foreign to me. I can't believe we share the same language lol
    i understand but still the base is arabic, and with little effort you can understand the main sense of what she say, i mean try see the root of words and with time you can understand moroccan even if you drop the "foreign words" that can be amazigh, french..., many egyptians talk moroccan darija fluently ,in general it take them just few weeks, egyptian also is full of turkish words my dear, but i can talk egyptian easy, it's just about effort and the willing...
    you learn english because you need it, study it at school.. ,normal but you don't need moroccan darija so in a way you give up easy after first words you don't get and it' s your right, me ,one of my hobbies is languages so i like to learn any language i can meet, i need it or no.
    ahh congrats for Salah, Cuper and Egypt national team for Africa awards.

Comment

My wife is from Morocco and we say together the video. and she shaying the some as what they have translate here. It is not Arabic what she is talking but Moroccan (in school they learn Arabic) my wife telling. My wife still make jokes that they are going to win on 15 of june but I think we have a good chance to win..

About the country: In Morocco for work and administration is all in French because it was a part of France (1912-1956) only at home or in streets Arabic or Moroccan they speaking and French. My wife speaking Arabic, English and French excellent writing and speaking. It is not like in Iran on thrusday and friday off, there weekend is like Europe Satherday and Sunday's.

I already visit Morocco 4 times because of my wife we go almost every year and in Rabat I saw last summer that they are fanatic about there football. The Moroccans are crazy about football.

We have to play against them like a counter-attack and we need to play fast speed is very important against Morocco and make fast the first goal.

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
        My wife is from Morocco and we say together the video. and she shaying the some as what they have translate here. It is not Arabic what she is talking but Moroccan (in school they learn Arabic) my wife telling. My wife still make jokes that they are going to win on 15 of june but I think we have a good chance to win..

About the country: In Morocco for work and administration is all in French because it was a part of France (1912-1956) only at home or in streets Arabic or Moroccan they speaking and French. My wife speaking Arabic, English and French excellent writing and speaking. It is not like in Iran on thrusday and friday off, there weekend is like Europe Satherday and Sunday's.

I already visit Morocco 4 times because of my wife we go almost every year and in Rabat I saw last summer that they are fanatic about there football. The Moroccans are crazy about football.

We have to play against them like a counter-attack and we need to play fast speed is very important against Morocco and make fast the first goal.
        work and adminsitration is "arabic and french" as you want, all docs are made and accepted in both languages, but because of new constitution 2011, it took time but soon, all will be also in amazigh, for daily use, french is mostly used in Casablanca-Rabat area, don't forget north of Morocco was controlled by spain, so they don't talk french so well, they use spanish + arabic there, and still every moroccan region have own moroccan talking, that girl in vid talk kind of standard moroccan and language used more in middle of Morocco, casablanca-rabat..., north of Morocco language is different, south, north-east... are different... every region is different in everything, the food, the music, the language, includding moroccan arabic language... there is many tribs, most about 60% are native(3 amazigh languages and in different areas) but also some tribs comes from hijaz, some from irak,yemen.. some jews oevr 2000yars and some of jews are amazigh too... some from black africa... mostly with sultan moulay ismail(17th/18th century) who used a group of his army from that "slaves" at that times and their descendants even if that slaves becomes free in the end of 19century and begining of 20th century.. they still work for actual moroccan dynasty, the alaouite now on power nearly 4 centuries, teh alaouite are descending from Ali and Fatima daughter of the Prophet.
        well, you can even see people who look like celtic people in Morocco.. some look like even like chinese..., in my "trib" ,we have many with blue eyes and blond hair, me i'm blond hair with green eyes lol... we are a mix of various people coming from many areas that get mixed with native throw centuries, morocco was an empire controlling large part of spanish/portugal and deep down in africa with large part of north africa for centuries...
        it existed before islam.... many races invaded it or settle there , phynicians, vandals, greeks, rome.... islam and after islam, just to explain why we can look different from region to another, physically, culturally, music.... but for recent history, it's a country that is a State over 12centuries, even under control of french and spanish in begining of 20th century, still it was not total colonisation, it was protectorat system, moroccan continue rulling there country at many levels ,of course with big control at times of french or spanish(each in their area).
        for weekend saturday and sunday, it's economic decision, simply because our trade is made mostly with europ, if we make it thursday and friday, we will miss a lot, like if we will have 4 days with "less and slow" working since it will be our weekend + their weekend.

for example about greek period, morocco is considered where god of wine and luxury bacchus lived!! hercules separated Europ from Africa in Tangier and you can visit hercules caves there... so it mixed country, we are not arabs or only amazigh or this and that, we are simply "moroccan, our history makes us as we are now,and we should be proud of all that and not say we are only this or that because of religion or language or even dna.. i think if Morocco was not kingdom all that centuries,we could be devided in many little weak countries but fortunately this didn't happen and we are one country with many various origines throw thousands centuries who share that part of earth for the best and the worse and i hope we will stay safe country that is developping quiet fast last years, for example before 2012, we produce and export 0 car, actually we export more than 340000 and plan 1 million by 2020... we want it be faster but still it's all good till now no matter little social trouble from time to another in some places.

sorry for that "out of topic"

Comment

I would love to visit Morocco one day. I think going to Morocco is more feasible for me than going to the World Cup. Visiting
          North Africa has been one of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
            I would love to visit Morocco one day. I think going to Morocco is more feasible for me than going to the World Cup. Visiting
            North Africa has been one of my dreams.
            you are welcome any time, Morocco and Tunisia are well developped in touristical point of view compared to Algeria, we both have touristical politic when algeria don't have, they count more on petrol and gaz export, Morocco and Tunisia have no oil or gas so we have more various economy , exporting agriculture, tourism and last years better and better industries.... etc.. ,for tourism, Morocco this year end with more than 11millions tourists, tunisia start stand up from their mess that happend after their revolution and tourists are back, in general they used to receive till 6 millions tourists but with "revolution", it get down and now it's getting back,this year they will have more than 3millions i think.
            there is some differences between the 3 countries so it's north africa we share many but still we are differents and i advice you to have a look in some "not tourists spots" too, not focus on too touristical places like Marrakech... and it depend on what you want, there is beaches 3500km(ocean and mediteranean sea coasts), cultural places, sahara desert, surf,kitesurf...skiing.... ahhh it's snowy nowadays in some places in Morocco brrrrr.. in summer it can be too hot in some cities, so the best period to visit is spring maybe like everywhere even if summer can be fun too, anyway we have about 300 sunny days a year so even in winter there is some sunny days too.
            me too Iran is in my short list for next years visits but in general i plan little long trips around countries and i prepare this long time before the trip, so my next travel is south america, then again east-asia but other countries than ones i already visited ,after that maybe Iran if i'm still alive , ahh now i should think to includ at least one game of Persian Gulf league match hmmm a derby hopefully ,especially if it's as crazy as here in Casablanca, Casa derby between Raja and Wydad is one of most electric in the world...
            little video about tifos in one of derbies, sometimes it's better to watch fans than players and the match hehehehe
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTZh7rpoctU

Comment

Originally posted by Jadou View Post
              you are welcome any time, Morocco and Tunisia are well developped in touristical point of view compared to Algeria, we both have touristical politic when algeria don't have, they count more on petrol and gaz export, Morocco and Tunisia have no oil or gas so we have more various economy , exporting agriculture, tourism and last years better and better industries.... etc.. ,for tourism, Morocco this year end with more than 11millions tourists, tunisia start stand up from their mess that happend after their revolution and tourists are back, in general they used to receive till 6 millions tourists but with "revolution", it get down and now it's getting back,this year they will have more than 3millions i think.
              there is some differences between the 3 countries so it's north africa we share many but still we are differents and i advice you to have a look in some "not tourists spots" too, not focus on too touristical places like Marrakech... and it depend on what you want, there is beaches 3500km(ocean and mediteranean sea coasts), cultural places, sahara desert, surf,kitesurf...skiing.... ahhh it's snowy nowadays in some places in Morocco brrrrr.. in summer it can be too hot in some cities, so the best period to visit is spring maybe like everywhere even if summer can be fun too, anyway we have about 300 sunny days a year so even in winter there is some sunny days too.
              me too Iran is in my short list for next years visits but in general i plan little long trips around countries and i prepare this long time before the trip, so my next travel is south america, then again east-asia but other countries than ones i already visited ,after that maybe Iran if i'm still alive , ahh now i should think to includ at least one game of Persian Gulf league match hmmm a derby hopefully ,especially if it's as crazy as here in Casablanca, Casa derby between Raja and Wydad is one of most electric in the world...
              little video about tifos in one of derbies, sometimes it's better to watch fans than players and the match hehehehe
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTZh7rpoctU
              Thank you for this information

Comment

I went to Morocco last year ...
                Loved the food, art, and the old feel of the cities
                Everything was great except for two things:
                1. Haggle central!!! - you cannot walk peacefully in the bazars; they grab you and beg you to buy things
                2. We got conned into buying two rugs - for 3000 USD - haggled like crazy and was actually quarantined in their shop until we buy ... they separated me and my gf and almost forced us to buy it - we wanted rugs but not that expensive. They promised to send our rugs by FEDEX to US. Then we went back to our hotel and looked online and had realized that others had gotten scammed from the same shop ... they had asked us to write "we were happy with the service" on the receipt ... so long story short, we went back to the store and asked for a refund. They gave us a hard time and had us called our CC company to cancel the transaction which they did ... 2 months later, our CC called us saying that they presented evidence that "we were happy with the service" and that the 3000 has been charged to the card ... AND WE HAD NO FUCKING RUGS ... they kept the rugs because they technically "refunded" us and so they kept the rugs for themselves ...
                I will never ever go back ... a bunch of thieves

Comment

^ that's the cost of being gullible. Have you ever lived in Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                    ^ that's the cost of being gullible. Have you ever lived in Iran?
                    Naaaa dude ... trust me ... we wanted the rugs, don't get me wrong; we just paid a shit ton for it without doing our research ... they had priced it at 30000 (15K each) - haggled down to 3000
                    Lived in iran from 1990 to 1999 ... never ever seen haggling the way i saw it in Morocco - not even close

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
                      I went to Morocco last year ...
                      Loved the food, art, and the old feel of the cities
                      Everything was great except for two things:
                      1. Haggle central!!! - you cannot walk peacefully in the bazars; they grab you and beg you to buy things
                      2. We got conned into buying two rugs - for 3000 USD - haggled like crazy and was actually quarantined in their shop until we buy ... they separated me and my gf and almost forced us to buy it - we wanted rugs but not that expensive. They promised to send our rugs by FEDEX to US. Then we went back to our hotel and looked online and had realized that others had gotten scammed from the same shop ... they had asked us to write "we were happy with the service" on the receipt ... so long story short, we went back to the store and asked for a refund. They gave us a hard time and had us called our CC company to cancel the transaction which they did ... 2 months later, our CC called us saying that they presented evidence that "we were happy with the service" and that the 3000 has been charged to the card ... AND WE HAD NO FUCKING RUGS ... they kept the rugs because they technically "refunded" us and so they kept the rugs for themselves ...
                      I will never ever go back ... a bunch of thieves
                      well! what i can say, unfortunatelly thieves and scammers exist everywhere, you should report to police right away, and you could get your money back there, the shop closed, guys arrested... and you could get advices to better and honest shops, sorry for what you lived, if you were still in Morocco maybe i could help someway, the problem is few idiots, scammers and thieves can destroy a reputation of countries, i got stolen in turkey, europ... but this never changed my mind about the people or countries, unfortunatelly, the good and the bad are every where, even in mecca there is thieves so...!!!? sometimes we experiment the bad sides of people and countries, i hope this will not make you judge all moroccans throw some of them , there is saying"one rotten fish, rotten all the cart" but...
                      you are right in some places, some guys can harrass tourists to push them buy because the owner pay them if they convince tourist come to their shops, and of course their is scammers and thieves too, police do their best and there is even touristical police in few cities because of sych people but many times tourists don't report.. it happen with Moroccan too not only with tourists but the point is when you don't want buy or feel they harass you, say clearly and direct "NO... LET ME" and go away, if they insist, call for police, and even before police comes they will apologize and try beg you to don't report to police. there is also some who claim they are guids but they are not official guids, you should be careful about that too, they have deals with some shops that can also be not so honest...
                      well sorry again for what you lived, and 3000usd us too much, i guess it's big carpet, you had to be sure about the shop and guys before pay such amount or take the carpet with you hmm anyway, all i can say now is i am very sorry about that and i understand if you never comes back to Morocco but if one day you plan to come and if i'm in the country,it will be pleasure to meet you and at least avoid you to live such bad experience, and if you have any problem, i can ask one of my brothers or sisters, friends.. to support you if i'm outside the country.

Comment

at least some good news. Hopefully by the time he turns 33, he will be completely washed up :-) :-)

https://sports.yahoo.com/cristiano-r...110023385.html

"There wasn’t even the usual frustration that tends to come with a below-par Ronaldo display. There were no tantrums or flailing limbs. Instead, there was a sense of resignation that is not normally a character trait of Ronaldo. It was almost as if a realisation had, at some point, washed over the 32-year-old.

The decline was always going to happen. The former Manchester United forward has impressively changed and adapted his game over the years, finding a way to stretch out his ability, but at some point, adaptation will matter little. Ronaldo is a player who relies on his physicality and now into the twilight of his career, that physicality is starting to let him down.

It’s evident in the pace he has lost. In fact, it’s rare that Ronaldo even beats a player anymore, often depending on his teammates to provide the service for him as a poacher or a runner on the shoulder of the last defender. But he is now struggling to even perform those duties, as demonstrated by his dismal performance against Celta Vigo.
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
                          Naaaa dude ... trust me ... we wanted the rugs, don't get me wrong; we just paid a shit ton for it without doing our research ... they had priced it at 30000 (15K each) - haggled down to 3000
                          Lived in iran from 1990 to 1999 ... never ever seen haggling the way i saw it in Morocco - not even close
                          well just the fact they get price down from 30000 to 3000 could make you be aware that the guys are not honest, honest seller will never multiply price by x10, in general mrgin at max is 40% but normally it's more around 10-20%, they acn even ask double price but the goal is to bargain, negociate,have talk, laugh,kind of fun for sellers and buyers by here, but end sell with 10-20-30% benefit.
                          from childhood i remember when i used go with mom or dad "shopping", they spend more time bargain and sometimes even when they get good price they end pay the first price seller said, so for them bargain is fun and a way to know if the person is honest, me i'm different, when i want buy something, i tell seller, give me your last price, he tell me price, if i like i buy,if i don't like i say goodbye, and even if he calls me saying lower price, i still say sorry, too late, and i go to another shop, the honest seller is who stick at one price at a moment and who don't lower the price toooo much, i'm from small city in Morocco and i get used with sellers never add more than 10% as margin, now i live in Casablanca,the biggets city in Morocco, here sellers can double price east but i get used cut price by half as base to bragain if i want ,i rarely do that, i don't like waste time so i make a price in my mind and if the guy tell me too big price after i ask him give me his last price, i go away with a smile.

Comment

Well I do know one thing
                            No one in the world can beat the Iranians when it comes con artistry, no one ☝️

We are the masters

Comment

arsene wenger talking about group B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=HqZCmjL8lnk

Comment

WTF !!!!!
                                Varzesh3 reporting
                                Saudi Arabia will play Iraq , Ukraine,Belgium,Italy,Germany and Peru to prepare for the WC 😡😡😡😡
                                Sobs and thier money , imagine if that was our friendly plan instead ☹️☹️☹️

Comment

Working...
                                X