No announcement yet.

Group B - Iran, Spain, Portugal, Morocco Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former Iran players, Mehrdad Minavand and Reza Shahrudi, on Team Melli's WC group:

"With Iran’s football team drawn with 2010 winners Spain and current European champions Portugal in Group B for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, former team members Mehrdad Minavand and Reza Shahrudi told Sputnik that the Iranians would be much better off taking on Panama and Poland instead.
    “Which team would be ideal for Iran is hard to say. I wish we played Panama and Poland, which are no slouches either, and also the Russian hosts. Facing off with Spain and Brazil would be a tough call. I hope we will play them in the second round,” he told Sputnik Iran.

He hopes that with players like Sardar Azmun, Saeed Ezzat Ezatolahi and Milad Mohammadi, the Iranian squad will manage to make in into the final eight.

eza Shahrudi agreed with his colleague.

“Sardar Azmun, Saeed Ezzat Ezatolahi and Milad Mohammadi who now play in Russia, could prove a big boost to our team. They know the Russian stadiums, the local fans and the Russian climate too,” he said.

Commenting on Iran’s chances of getting out of the group stage of the 2018 World Cup, the head of the Iranian Football Federation’s press service Ali Javadi said that the Iranians would have preferred to play in Group A and face off with Russia.
    “However, we are in the Group B and will have to deal with the best European and African teams.

“Our opening game is with Morocco which I think is the best African team you can find these days. The opening game is always the hardest. Portugal is the one of the best around and Spain won the 2010 World Cup and has a star-studded lineup. These three outfits will be a big challenge for us, but we still hope that our guys, or sports officials and all our football fans will keep their fingers crossed so that next summer in Russia we are lucky,” he said."

https://sputniknews.com/world/201712...ions-security/

Comment

I not agree about the Morocco Iran game. we will play better in that game: I am sure we will win against Morocco https://youtu.be/LB4_d4HWtq0
      Iran 2:1 Spain https://youtu.be/OH56If_TjXw I thought first it can be real.. I just was so happy Why Sardar Azmoun cannot make for us!!! against Morocco we win 1:0 by Sardar Azmoun and 2:1 against Spain by Sardar Azmoun and 1:1 against Portugal
      My prediction:
      Iran 2:0 Morocco (By alireza jahanbakhsh and sardar azmoun)
      Spain 1:2 Iran (By reza ghoochannejhad and alireza jahanbakhsh)
      Portugal 0:0 Iran

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
        I not agree about the Morocco Iran game. we will play better in that game: I am sure we will win against Morocco https://youtu.be/LB4_d4HWtq0

Iran 2:1 Spain https://youtu.be/LB4_d4HWtq0 I thought first it can be real.. I just was so happy Why Sardar Azmoun cannot make for us!!! against Morocco we win 1:0 by Sardar Azmoun and 2:1 against Spain by Sardar Azmoun and 1:1 against Portugal

My prediction:

Azizam I love the optimism but this is dreamland.
        Chelsea FC || Esteghlal || Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
          Iran 2:1 Spain https://youtu.be/OH56If_TjXw I thought first it can be real.. I just was so happy Why Sardar Azmoun cannot make for us!!! against Morocco we win 1:0 by Sardar Azmoun and 2:1 against Spain by Sardar Azmoun and 1:1 against Portugal
          My prediction:
          LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL onam ham labood vay misan tah mah gol bezanim beheshoon

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
            LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL onam ham labood vay misan tah mah gol bezanim beheshoon
            na azizam ina gharare team chebrite bi khatareshoono biyaran WC.. so we should be fine. haha
            sigpic

Comment

We have good players from Iran and I believe that we can do something good in this group. I just saw Portugal against Iran after we win 2:1 Spain..
              Inshallah we will win in real.. I jumb was so happy thought about it in real can happen, my morrocan wife come it is just a simulator
              But it is possible!

https://youtu.be/owALjeEKbeE

Comment

Saman Ghoddos is gonna breakthrough this WC
                He looks Hungry

Comment

The best sentence was "Celebratings breaking out all over the country Iran... The simulated country"
                  This was sooo good hahaha
                  sigpic

Comment

18 y/o City youngster Brahim Diaz turn down a WC offer from Morocco according to Goal.com. He's a winger and forward who likes running at defenders so this is good news

Comment

Seriously how to hope to qualify from this group at the expense of one of two world class teams. One having a star with 5 Ballons d'or, the two last champions leagues, the last eurocup and players in the best clubs (Bernardo Silva is so strong), the other won the world cup 7 years ago, with players in barcelona and Real madrid, a world class GK.

All these with our squad composed of IPL/QSL/Clubless players and some players in 2nd rate european league + an incompetent federation, unable to set friendlies, decent jersey sponsorship etc..

Our task is beyond huge with such hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Seriously how to hope to qualify from this group at the expense of one of two world class teams. One having a star with 5 Ballons d'or, the two last champions leagues, the last eurocup and players in the best clubs (Bernardo Silva is so strong), the other won the world cup 7 years ago, with players in barcelona and Real madrid, a world class GK.

All these with our squad composed of IPL/QSL/Clubless players and some players in 2nd rate european league + an incompetent federation, unable to set friendlies, decent jersey sponsorship etc..

Our task is beyond huge with such hurdles.
                        we are going there to play Atal Matal Tootoole.. Not sure if there are any other tasks there for us.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have a bad feeling about this world cup guys... like if the tides are against TM doing well. There are some expecting TM will do better than last time because how well it did in the qualifiers but I have a feeling that it won't do better. Just enjoy the games I say and hope for the best.

Comment

Looks like Morroco is not having much luck in recruiting new talent for the WC:

Man City youngster Brahim rejects Morocco's World Cup offer

Morocco’s attempts to persuade Manchester City youngster Brahim Diaz to represent the country at next summer’s World Cup are doomed to failure, Goal can reveal.

Morocco boss Herve Renard has held talks with the 18-year-old's representatives in recent weeks in a bid to convince the youngster he should turn his back on Spain and play for the country of his grandmother.

Renard has offered assurances that the youngster, who made his full City debut on Tuesday, would be part of his World Cup squad.

Brahim, full name Brahim Abdelkader Diaz, was born in Malaga. His mother is also from Malaga while his father is from Melilla, a Spanish city in the north of Africa on the border with Morocco.

The City playmaker has already represented Spain at various youth levels and sources close to him have told Goal that he considers himself to be Spanish and is determined to break into the senior side.

It is understood he may consider switching allegiances much later in his career if he fails to make the grade for Spain, but he is confident he has what it takes to get into the squad in the coming years.

Morocco have been drawn alongside Spain, Portugal and Iran at next summer's World Cup, meaning Brahim would have had the opportunity to play against the country of his birth had he switched sides.

The African nation are attempting to recruit foreign-born players ahead of the tournament in Russia. Real Madrid defender Achraf, born in the Spanish capital, switched allegiances in 2016 and, after making a handful of appearances for the country's youth sides, made his full debut in the same year.

Morocco have also tried to get Alaves forward Munir, also born in Madrid, to join them. The 22-year-old, on loan from Barcelona, has already made a competitive appearance for Spain, however, and will not be allowed to jump ship.

https://sports.yahoo.com/man-city-yo...090000838.html

Comment

I don't think people here realize how hard it is to qualify from CAF. At least when you're playing against shit teams like Qatar and UAE in Asia, you're playing on quality pitches. This isn't the case when playing away to poor African nations. It negatively impacts teams who play football on the ground. Australia struggled against Syria over two legs? Teams like them and Saudi Arabia would never qualify from CAF. I have no doubts.

Also the way FIFA forms the qualifying groups for CAF is ridiculous. It's usually five groups with 4 teams in each - group winner advances. Instead of putting the 5 strongest African teams in different groups, they're usually grouped together leaving 1-2 'easy' groups. Had Ivory Coast or Ghana been in Tunisia' s group for example, they both would have probably won that group.

To the Moroccan in here. What do you base Morocco being stronger than Egypt on? We made the ACN final without our strongest squad due to injuries. We beat you guys, and despite your lot missing some chances, so did we. Your keeper made a point blank save on Trezeguet, while Salah should have also scored from that clever dink on the freekick. 2 of our most influential players were injured for the entire tournament.

I will be supporting Iran and Morocco nonetheless so please get rid of Portugal and Spain!

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                                I don't think people here realize how hard it is to qualify from CAF. At least when you're playing against shit teams like Qatar and UAE in Asia, you're playing on quality pitches. This isn't the case when playing away to poor African nations. It negatively impacts teams who play football on the ground. Australia struggled against Syria over two legs? Teams like them and Saudi Arabia would never qualify from CAF. I have no doubts.

Also the way FIFA forms the qualifying groups for CAF is ridiculous. It's usually five groups with 4 teams in each - group winner advances. Instead of putting the 5 strongest African teams in different groups, they're usually grouped together leaving 1-2 'easy' groups. Had Ivory Coast or Ghana been in Tunisia' s group for example, they both would have probably won that group.

To the Moroccan in here. What do you base Morocco being stronger than Egypt on? We made the ACN final without our strongest squad due to injuries. We beat you guys, and despite your lot missing some chances, so did we. Your keeper made a point blank save on Trezeguet, while Salah should have also scored from that clever dink on the freekick. 2 of our most influential players were injured for the entire tournament.

I will be supporting Iran and Morocco nonetheless so please get rid of Portugal and Spain!
                                You are right bro. Personally I totally understand the difficulty of qualifying from CAF. There are 4 new teams from CAF for this WC (Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, and Senegal) compare to the last one which shows that It is very difficult to qualify from CAF. Good luck at the WC.

Comment

Working...
                                X