Your Lineup against Morocco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
    Should not Dejagah be fit for WC? We badly need him for the first game due to Ezatolahi's suspension. I go with the following line up at the moment although I may change it at any time:

cheshmi will not get in the final line up

Comment

Should not Dejagah be fit for WC? We badly need him for the first game due to Ezatolahi's suspension. I go with the following line up at the moment although I may change it at any time:
      Taremi is a work horse, I am certain he will be starting.

Comment

It is a good lineup if you change Cheshmi wiith Shojaei and Dejagah could play. Taremi can replace Dejagah Torabi for Hajsafi if we should score.

Comment

LOLOLOLOL CHESHMI STARTING IN A WORLD CUP?

delet khoshe baba

Comment

The more I think about it, Taremi up top could be our best bet. First off, he will wear off the opposing defense until we sub in a fresh Azmoun at 70 min to go for the goal. Second, no other Iranian player can match Taremi's speed, strength, and athleticism. He also has the ability to stupidly pull off something magical, like a lucky steal/breakaway or a crazy volley out of nowhere. He just can't afford to miss any empty nets, which is also a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
              The more I think about it, Taremi up top could be our best bet. First off, he will wear off the opposing defense until we sub in a fresh Azmoun at 70 min to go for the goal. Second, no other Iranian player can match Taremi's speed, strength, and athleticism. He also has the ability to stupidly pull off something magical, like a lucky steal/breakaway or a crazy volley out of nowhere. He just can't afford to miss any empty nets, which is also a possibility.
              Taremi will play but he won't play as a lone striker up! CQ has never really played him there just because he plays very well with Azmoun (who is the loan striker up there)

Comment

Shojaei and Hajsafi are not TM material any longer.
                They will probably be cut by CQ and not be in the final
                list. Ghoddos is far better than either of these guys. He
                has the highest football IQ on the team right now. Even
                Rezai is better than them and has improved a lot since
                moving to Belgium

CQ is looking for size and hustling ability when he chooses
                his players. For defensive midfielder role he has Karimi and
                Ezattolahi. But i think he will test Cheshmi in that role soon
                since he fits his criteria. If Ezatt does not get pardoned then
                CQ has to play Cheshmi in his role unless he calls up somebody
                other than Ebrahimi since he was a total bust in the Tunisia
                match.

Comment

^ Not only will Ehsan make the final roster, he is a near-guaranteed WC starter in all three matches.

Comment

Goalkeeper Hosseini
                    Left Back Mohammadi
                    Center Back PAG
                    Center Back J Hosseini
                    Right Back Ghafouri
                    DM Ebrahimi
                    Right mid Jahanbaksh
                    AM Shojaei
                    Left mid Ghoddos
                    Forward Azmoun
                    Forward Rezaei

Comment

-----------Beiranvand----------

Ghafouri----Hosseini-----PAG------Milad

----------Ebrahimi--------Hajsafi

Jahanbakhsh-----Dejagah(Ghoddos)------Taremi(Ghoddos)

-----------------Sardar----------

Comment

you can all cross out ebrahimi, hes not just useless but also short. karimi will play next to ehsan 100%, or carlos is reading here my posts and will put a healthy askhan in that place which i doubt. didnt you guys watch the tunisia match?! the game against morocco will be the same, it will be ugly as hell, absolute physical more rugby than football. the one to score first will win. he will choose karimi not because hes a superb player but because of his height.

Comment

After watching algeria and tunisia matches again : It is clear that none of the PGPL CDM's will cut it. Maybe try moharrami there but even thats a real long shot. I think against Morocco we need to play on the counter attack, they wont expect it, and I think they will underestimate our offense. We need wingers to pinch in and form 5 man midfield in defense. Especially ARJ. Dejagah will need to get to max fitness somehow and be ready to play 60-70 mins. Ghoddos needs to start. He can keep possession, stretch defense and do positional defensive work. We know Taremi and Sardar are fix as well. I think with Saeid suspended we MUST start the first match :

-----------Berianvand------------

Ghafouri----Hosseini--------PAG-----Milad

ARJ-----Dejagah-----Hajsafi-----Taremi
                          ----------------Ghoddos---------------

----------------Azmoun-----------

Comment

i stated that some months ago and im more than 100% sure: ali karimi will start next to hajsafi

Comment

since we are discussing line up and formation, what was most interesting to me in the game against Algeria (which is probably one of the most 'serious' friendlies we have had), is that even after Taremi went down carlos sent Amiri in as a sub and kept Ansarifard in central midfield. he could have easily sent in another midfielder and moved karim to wing to replace Taremi. but he didn't. this shows that carlos is serious about using Ansarifard in the spot, otherwise why would he waste a serious and valuable opportunity. Ansarifard was played and kept in that position there for a reason.

is it possible that karim Ansarifard is our best chance at CAM right now? it's odd even to discuss Ansarifard as a midfielder, but here we are. one of the best friendlies in a long time and there he was. so what's the thinking behind it? are we so really bad at CAM that we have to use karim there?
                              I think we can all agree that getting a goal is going to be either by using set plays or by random moments of individual brilliance. I am sure using ansarifard as a CAM is not related to "moments of brilliance", but if you have a set play and you have Azmoun, Taremi and Ansarifard in the box, that's not a bad thing to have!!

I am not sure I am sold on the idea of using a player who has been a striker pretty much all his career to playing as a midfielder who's duties are mostly defending on his side of the field and when he gets the ball he has to distribute it, and do that in the WC against world class teams. tough task for Ansarifard for sure. not sure how effective he is going to be against our opponents at the WC, but I like the idea of the trio being in the box on set plays and on counters.

we still have a few more friendlies so we'll have to wait and see how this works out.

Comment

we need a lineup that can defend and slow down the game. We do NOT want to get caught up in a free flowing up and down the field in a game with teams like Spain and Portugal. Slow down the game, play a disruptive defensive style using 2 defensive midfielders and once you frustrate your opponent, you resort to the counter attacks. When we do keep the game 0-0 for 70 minutes, we have an excellent chance to pull out an upset. It's not pretty football, but it is effective. We were close to tying Argentina and even winning if they had given us the PK.
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X