To all the pessimists...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all the pessimists...

Hey guys, even if we crash out with 0 points, we know that the boys will fight in every game. Portugal and Spain will be two teams that people have their eyes on for the group stage. Also, these teams have strong leagues, and I am sure important people will be watching that game up close.

The positive is that our players are young, and they will show their talents this time around. I truly believe that we will have a good showing, and this time, the Spaniards and Portuguese will see it up close.

Think of what will happen to a guy like Milad Mohammadi after playing Spain. Not only will he have an excellent experience on a big stage at a young age, but he will likely have teams like Sevilla, Villareal, Porto, Benfica, etc. seeing his work ethic and talent.

If we were in a group like Poland, Peru, and Panama, we would be hidden away in a "group of life" that nobody really cares to watch.

All the games in this group will be fun! Let's not forget that this is a new generation of players. They were never going to beat teams like France, Spain, etc. in a Rof16 matchup even if we qualified from an easy group.

So many eyes will be on us, and gaining this experience will make our players confident to trade blows with the heavyweights in 2022. We won't go into that tournament without experiencing big challenges. Sardar, Jahanbakhsh, and Mohammadi will be prime age by 2022, and will be playing for bigger teams with better confidence.

I believe that we have a solid chance to still make it out of the group, but being honest, it is less likely than even 2014. We are more talented now, but were unfortunate with getting tough competition. Still, think of the positives of this draw! A surprise result will really do a lot for us, but just being in this position will be helpful to TM's future!

I personally think that we shine brightest under dificult teams and choke on mediocre to bad teams. This is good. I predict 4-5 pts

Comment

we can qualify however we have to beat morroco, it is very important

Comment

^for that either spain or Portugal have to be not in good form

Comment

I wanted England so bad,, I saw the group B draw when pot 3 started and I was like 'any group but this any group but this and then bam! Iran joins the group!
          You just got Caged
          K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

If USA could do it so can we

Ok this might look like a horrible group for us but hey if USA could get out of their group last time with Germany Portugal and Ghana so can we as that Germany was stronger than this Spain and that Ghana was stronger than this Morroco , and Portugal is the same as last time. We are stronger than that USA too so hey why not
            The scenario is exactly the same too first USA played the African team which was easier than the other 2 and won 2:1 then they tied Portugal and finally in the last day they played the team that their coach was from Germany with both sides getting a result that saw them both thru.
            So let's say we beat morroco then bunker up n tie Spain and quiroz n Portugal agree on a result that gets both teams to next round on final match day so unlike.most of you I think it's better for us to see Portugal hammer Spain not the other way around.

Comment

I agree with you, its important to not be pessimistic, but it is yet more important to not be insecure.

Actually I honestly expect us to get minimum 4 points and even 9 points are not unrealistic. I can think of several different scenarios and game plans now, under which we can beat each of the teams.

Comment

This really isn't a group of death for all eyes to be on it. It's just a group of death for us (and Morocco).
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

The world will never forget how we performed against Argentina.(even though we performed defensively and got robbed of a penalty) Now the world has a chance to see how we perform against two of the best -Spain and Portugal.
                  We may never make it out of this group, but we will be remembered for how we play. All team Meli has to do is play fearlessly like 2014.
                  These will historical matches to watch.
                  Last edited by leviathan; 12-02-2017, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ameri View Post
                    I personally think that we shine brightest under dificult teams and choke on mediocre to bad teams. This is good. I predict 4-5 pts
                    cannot agree more. But, we have been playing solid lately.. even against mediocre teams! i hope the training camps go as planned and we have some quality friendlies.. and if we get those i can 100% be sure we go to next round. Iran is a talented team and with the right friendlies and support it can be a top 10 team just as CQ said himself.

we will prove everyone wrong this time! we will finish our unfinished work from last world cup!

Comment

This is the best thing that could have happened for TM and the fans. This is our chance to show the world we belong there.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post
                        This is the best thing that could have happened for TM and the fans. This is our chance to show the world we belong there.
                        I agree, but I also warn that people take Morocco too lightly.
                        Their players play in French league and have better football infrastructre than us. This doesnt mean we can’t beat them, but it means we have to be on alert and not take them lightly.
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rezabmehr View Post

Or that we don't 😂😂 Iran Vs Nigeria and Angola were both vwry embarassing

Comment

One reason was that Germany beat Portugal 4-0 in MD1 but went easy on US and only pulled a 1-0 in MD3. Likely because by then the Germans were sure to progress even with a tie. Goal difference was the factor in Portugal's early exit:
                            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014...ld_Cup_Group_G. In general it is better to play with the strongest team in the group in match day 3. Similarly if you recall, Nigeria was the beneficiary of that sort of dynamic in 2014.
                            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by ameri View Post
                              Yes! I think the same.

Irania mardaane roozhaaye sakht hastan. I believe they will do just fine. They will give their all and fight for the red white and green of Team Melli.

I’m optimistic Even if they don’t make it out they will play 3 jazaab and entertaining matches for Iranians everywhere. I also think that people forget that this Team Melli is a few miles ahead of the TM of 2014.

Comment

Working...
                              X