X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which matches are confirmed for March?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

He said Only Algeria and Turkey are ALMOST certain !!!!!!!!
      Again the key word is almost so to answer your question, none of these games are %100 yet

None

Comment

Nothing is certain until Taj or CQ says its 100%.

Comment

this is crazy :/ are TM players are practicing with CQ or what?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Have we got Any confirmations yet .!? Or everyone still posting their Xmas wishlist ..!?

Comment

Practicing for what ?
              There are not gona be a TM camp or any freindly matches till mid March and fifa matches are on march 23 and 27

No friendly games have been confirmed yet

none

Comment

Originally posted by the matrix1 View Post
                wtf, how is playing Iraq, Lebanon and Uzbekistan going to help us seal the deal to the second round! These teams are alot weaker than most of the teams in the world cup. Stupid IFF should be ashamed of doing absolutely nothing for our football.. What a bunch of dumb asses..
                CQ wants some games for Iran League players outside of FIFA calendar. However if I was in charge instead of Asian teams I would arrange matches with teams from Latin America such as Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Cuba, this would make our local players become familiar with Latin Football.

Also a match with Libya would make local players become familair with North African style of football.

I honestly think matches with Iraq, Qatar, Lebanon and Uzbekistan are waste of time.

Comment

or, setup matches against quality European clubs. Playing against good clubs is a better test versus playing against the likes of Iraq, qatar and lebanon.
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                    CQ wants some games for Iran League players outside of FIFA calendar. However if I was in charge instead of Asian teams I would arrange matches with teams from Latin America such as Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Cuba, this would make our local players become familiar with Latin Football.

Also a match with Libya would make local players become familair with North African style of football.

I honestly think matches with Iraq, Qatar, Lebanon and Uzbekistan are waste of time.
                    thoese are good friendlies you mention there is few problems,
                    1. travel
                    2. cost
                    this countries are super far, the flight alone is not cheap, and the cost is not cheap.
                    hence playing neighbouring countries for domestic players is ok

Comment

In what way is Latin American style anything close to the styles of Spain and Portugal?! I'd rather see our domestic players play against Uzbekistan than Guatemala!

Comment

Playing against the B team of most European countries is better than playing against Uzbekistan, Qatar, Lebanon, Iraq. Not only are these friendly games completely useless, they are also a complete waste of time for us! They will absolutely help us with nothing.. I would rather personally play European B teams on those non fifa days..

Comment

Originally posted by the matrix1 View Post
                          Playing against the B team of most European countries is better than playing against Uzbekistan, Qatar, Lebanon, Iraq. Not only are these friendly games completely useless, they are also a complete waste of time for us! They will absolutely help us with nothing.. I would rather personally play European B teams on those non fifa days..
                          dude european B teams have players that play in european leagues. Hence they are unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            dude european B teams have players that play in european leagues. Hence they are unavailable.
                            Okay, or we could play against really good clubs that is the only other option...

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                              thoese are good friendlies you mention there is few problems,
                              1. travel
                              2. cost
                              this countries are super far, the flight alone is not cheap, and the cost is not cheap.
                              hence playing neighbouring countries for domestic players is ok
                              They can travel to Iran. Few years ago I had sent suggestive emails to Cuba, Nicaragua, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Venezuela, Paraguay, etc to play Iran. I don't know if you remember IFF even arranged with Cuba and Venezuela. I think Nicaragua could not because of travel costs and financial reasons. CQ was the one who canceled those friendlies. He did not reach agreements with Peru and Chile and hence those two setup friendlies with Iraq instead. At least years later CQ agreed to play Chile and Venezuela.

Everyone blamed and always blame FFIRI for lack of friendlies or decent friendlies, but the real reason is CQ. He canceled many friendlies in the past or was not able to reach agreements. My suggestive emails usually went down the drain! Canceled ones in the past: Venezuela x 2, DPR Korea x 1, Cuba x 1, Ghana x 1, Zimbabwe x 1, Tanzania x 1, Norway x 1, Croatia x 1. Only Ghana FFIRI canceled because they did not support CQ's Portuguese camp. So to CQ's credit we could say at times it was FFIRI messup as well.
                              But let's not forget Venezuela, Cuba, DPR Korea all agreed to play Iran in Tehran and CQ canceled. Zimbabwe, Tanzania perefered to play in Africa or be supported for travel to Tehran.

He failed to reach agreements with DR Congo, Gabon, Senegal, Togo, Ivory Coast, South Africa, Paraguay, Peru, Chile, Sweden, Russia, Turkey, Romania, Armenia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, New Zealand, maybe some others that I can't recall, although he agreed to some years later. Out of the ones in the past I had suggested to federations and CQ accepted were Tajikistan, Oman, Guinea, Montenegro, Belarus, Angola, Trinidad & Tobago, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Japan, Panama.

Why do you guys think Iran has been playing good friendlies since late 2012? It's because of my suggestive emails to federations. CQ, FFIRI and their sponsors make it look like they went and found opponents. No this is not the case, they receive letters/emails from many federations due to my emails and then they choose
                              With their own initiative they usually went after Korea, Iraq, Qatar, Uzbekistan, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Poland, Hungary, Kenya, and some other African and Asian teams for friendlies Out of this list we saw that they arranged Korea, Iraq and Uzbekistan friendlies during 2012-2017
                              Also let's not forget that when CQ became coach teams he arranged for friendlies were Madagascar, Mauritania, Mozambique in Iran, Albania in Turkey, Tunisia in Hungary.
                              FFIRI arranged Palestine and Jordan Well credit to CQ for at least arranging Albania and Tunisia two decent friendlies.

Also remember that last European team who came to Iran for friendly was Macedonia back in 2009! CQ does not want Team Melli to host European in Iran and also prefers Team Melli to meet Latin Americans in Europe as well. Hence we always saw Team Melli play Europe and Latin America in Europe. Well we can't blame him, he wants to get some fresh air outside Iran or get to see his family and friends in Europe, after all he is a human being. However I am sure all Team Melli like to see European or Latin American team coming to Tehran for a change and obstacle has been CQ. In the past we could say that partially was lack of flights by European airlines to/from Europe apart from Germany, Italy, Russia, Belarus and Ukraine. Now this problem is no longer there all major airlines like Lufthansa, Alitalia, Turkish Airlines, KLM, Air France, British Airways, Austrian Airlines, Germania, S7, Aerolflot and etc have flights to Tehran. Sadly the only non-Asian decent friendlies in Iran were Guinea in 2014 & Togo this year! At least we can look forward to Algeria but hosting European or Latin American team is really what the fans want.
                              Last edited by Rooyintan; 12-13-2017, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                In what way is Latin American style anything close to the styles of Spain and Portugal?! I'd rather see our domestic players play against Uzbekistan than Guatemala!
                                1. They speak Spanish -> This gives our local players to gain first hand experience hearing players communicating Spanish on the field

2. They play fast and rough football -> both Spain and Portugal play fast and rough football

3. They will be new and fresh opponents -> unlike the familiar regular opponents grass-rolling Arab teams like Qatar or cheaters like Iraq or outdated-soviet-style like Uzbekistan

Comment

Working...
                                X