"International medias BIAS against TM" official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Again, you seem to categorize people into two camps when there can be multiple viewpoints on a topic in varying shades. Not everyone divides into Basiji or MEK. There is a massive media attack on all things Iranian and in my opinion, Iranians need to take up every battle because we have been so disenfranchised(By IR, by US government, by the world etc) at the same time. We can fight for the rights of women in stadiums in Iran and also for Iranian representation in the global or western organizations at the same time. We can talk more about these political issues in the General Discussion Forum, but I will say here that if we want to resurrect shades of 1998 and beat/get a result off the likely 3 Western nations in our group including the arrogant English and the ignorant Americans we need preparation and strong mental game. They'll try to cause discord in our team prior to the World cup, probably repost some stories of "men on the women's team", blunders etc. They are ruthless.

I would love to at least symbolically shut them down for things they have done in the last few years and we should press IFF(run by Sports Ministry) for the best preparation. Team Melli unites everyone in the country. The onslaught of media will continue during this world cup cycle and the only thing we can do is be the team that dents the English chances of "it coming home" or beating the US to the R16. I want our people to be happy more than anything and football is one of the things that does just that. I also want to wipe the smug smirk off Alexi Lalas's face.
    Well, i totally agree with you on this but look at how these iranians are covering themselves what's going on in Iran. They focus only on what's wrong, depicting this country as backwarded while thinking they are "fighting the government". There are plenty of things to criticise about how our country is ruled, that's an undeniable fact but why always focusing on the negative?

Unfortunately, these people are the worst and they are the main responsible of the negative feelings ignorant people have about Iran. Thanks God that those traveling themselves to Iran are all delighted and are doing the opposite job : advertising positively about Iran. These foreigners are themselves always surprised by how Iran is in reality in compare to how these iranians have depicted their own country outside.

These colonised idiots think that the more they bash their own country (in the name of their hate for the government), the more they will be seen as "modern" or "good integrated citizens" elsewhere.

It's so sad to see that our worst enemies and traitors are among us and that some of them are even ready to collaborate with foreigners against their own country.

Comment

Originally posted by maly3648 View Post
      Well, i totally agree with you on this but look at how these iranians are covering themselves what's going on in Iran. They focus only on what's wrong, depicting this country as backwarded while thinking they are "fighting the government". There are plenty of things to criticise about how our country is ruled, that's an undeniable fact but why always focusing on the negative?

Unfortunately, these people are the worst and they are the main responsible of the negative feelings ignorant people have about Iran. Thanks God that those traveling themselves to Iran are all delighted and are doing the opposite job : advertising positively about Iran. These foreigners are themselves always surprised by how Iran is in reality in compare to how these iranians have depicted their own country outside.

These colonised idiots think that the more they bash their own country (in the name of their hate for the government), the more they will be seen as "modern" or "good integrated citizens" elsewhere.

It's so sad to see that our worst enemies and traitors are among us and that some of them are even ready to collaborate with foreigners against their own country.
      I think the population of these people is far less than than you think but is overstated due to twitter farms and Western media. The majority of Iranians in the West are more liberal than the average Iranian in Iran but love Iran and are often found having to defend Iran when Iran is spoken badly of in the West. What you are describing more similar to how Cubans in the US are.

The push to criticize is probably because THERE IS so much that can be done differently in Iran to meet our true potential. If there wasn't such a government hold on Iranian football we would dwarf Korea/Japan in less than 10 years in stadia, youth leagues...everything for example. Hopefully, we face all these negative media and surprise the world media and we have positive stories this year

Comment

Can we please move this to the General Discussions forum?

This was supposed to be about news coverage of TM in international media, not your opinion on what people in country x should do about topic y.
        Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
        محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
        - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

The fact some people are more outraged by the media's reporting of women being tear-gassed and pepper-sprayed, than the actual violence towards women by IR - says everything you need to know on how much they really love Iran. The internal doshmand is always worse than the external one.

For them, the perception of Iran is more important than the realities of IR Iran.

Let these same animals keep sexually trafficked our women; kill our youth with drugs; steal ridiculous amounts of money so their rotten, spoiled kids can get bottle service and buy the most expensive houses; kill 1500+ people in 3 days and rob our people of all good.
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I really hope we f*ck them all up and put our foots in their mouths, not literally but by getting results.
            With that being said: Let them talk as much shit as they please: why should it phase us?

Who gives a f about what some tarded farangis say about our country?
            It is not about us and you guys really need to realise this.
            The western man (most often a man) have identity issues and their identity formation starts with negating others.
            They project what they dont want to be on others so that they in turn can be something good.
            They can complain about Putin, Ayatollahs etc however much they want, but it still wont erase the fact that Blair is a war criminal.
            In the western mans mind, everything is about the western man. never forget that.

Comment

And regarding the other side of the coin:

Yes, we need to start by being better ourselves. As much as these westerners we're talking about are buffons, clowns and inbreds we need to start with ourselves. We need to be the best we can be and never even thinking about what others say or do. We neither need to demand respect nor respect them.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post

Who gives a f about what some tarded farangis say about our country?
                Unfortunately, for some, that's all they focus on, including IR. It's all outward-facing while they are inward-pillaging. Their entire identity rests on outdated and incomplete Leftists concepts like imperialism and Zionism.

Our country is being literally ruined day-by-day, including our women being savagely beaten in front of the world and some are blaming Zionists (I mean, where is the connection?)

The reality is also, the American coach has been very gracious towards Iran. And Southgate has mentioned there are no weak teams and they will focus on the Iran game because of respect, while it's Skocic (who's resume is less than his counterparts) who brazenly said he knows he can beat England because he's Croatian. I mean, why even say that even if its' a joke? Who here is acting arrogant, by their words, and who is not?
                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                  Unfortunately, for some, that's all they focus on, including IR. It's all outward-facing while they are inward-pillaging. Their entire identity rests on outdated and incomplete Leftists concepts like imperialism and Zionism.
                  Our country is being literally ruined day-by-day, including our women being savagely beaten in front of the world and some are blaming Zionists (I mean, where is the connection?)
                  The reality is also, the American coach has been very gracious towards Iran. And Southgate has mentioned there are no weak teams and they will focus on the Iran game because of respect, while it's Skocic (who's resume is less than his counterparts) who brazenly said he knows he can beat England because he's Croatian. I mean, why even say that even if its' a joke? Who here is acting arrogant, by their words, and who is not?
                  You remind me of this idiot of Shirin Ebadi, blaming Siemens and Nokia to sell surveillance material to iranian government while meanwhile, Snowden just revealed NSA had put the whole world under surveillance.

Americans are behaving like mafia, seizing assets not belonging to them, "sanctioning" whoever disagree with them, killing thousands of innocent iranians with sanctions and you talk to me about how their coach was "friendly" and how iranian government is "bad"? Seriously?

We definitely have tons of problems but do you really think corruption is an iranian exclusivity? Do you want to talk about US corporations? Their military industry? Their medical industry and how they corrupt every single politician in order to make more money? They will make your little iranian politicians look like little street looters next to Al Capone looting the whole planet.

But as usual, like many iranians, you kiss their feet and always think grass is greener elsewhere.

Fyi i am far to be a "leftist" and if you really think US desire of hegemony is "outdated", go and read history and news again my friend. You're totally blind on how US regime works and how they're addicted to war and destruction in order to impose their will by force.

The worst is that people like you, when being hit by unfair sanctions and totally illegal measures will go and blame your government instead of looking at "who" is doing it. Now that they are doing it against Russia and China, will you also say that they are the "bad guys" and these Americans bastards are the good ones ?

Don't come here talk to me about negative coverage about Iran anymore! The negative coverage we have about our country comes partly because of people like you, damaging the reputation of our country by bashing it 24/7 without being able to analyse rationally what's going on in the world.

Comment

Really looking forward to the next 7 months of these discussions.. 🤮

Comment

I share your sentiment. But how is "notions about imperialism" outdated? You don't have to be a Marxist-Leninist to see the importance of oil for the world economy. Look how fast the sanctions are being released now that the russian tap is closed. Look at what happens if you try to nationalize the oil supply?

Empires or whatever we want to call them exists. Orientalism also exist where "the oriental" whomever it may be vary (the only thing fix about an oriental is that it is a negative negation of the so called western man).

It still doesn't justify internal repression and violations of democratic practices and democracy. We have to try to set our biases aside and see things for what they are.
                      With that being said: I really do agree with your sentiment that we have to look to ourselves and at ourselves as a nation first. Nothing is more important. And the other coaches in our group has been more classy than Skocic in interviews. For example Southgate is and has always been a gentleman, I hold him in really high regards. Totally agree about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Casra The Great View Post
                        Really looking forward to the next 7 months of these discussions.. 🤮
                        Nobody is forcing you to read any of this,. If there are forum rule violations the moderators will take care of it and the rest of us abide by those rules.

Comment

Originally posted by AGC View Post
                          I share your sentiment. But how is "notions about imperialism" outdated? You don't have to be a Marxist-Leninist to see the importance of oil for the world economy. Look how fast the sanctions are being released now that the russian tap is closed. Look at what happens if you try to nationalize the oil supply?

Empires or whatever we want to call them exists. Orientalism also exist where "the oriental" whomever it may be vary (the only thing fix about an oriental is that it is a negative negation of the so called western man).

It still doesn't justify internal repression and violations of democratic practices and democracy. We have to try to set our biases aside and see things for what they are.
                          With that being said: I really do agree with your sentiment that we have to look to ourselves and at ourselves as a nation first. Nothing is more important. And the other coaches in our group has been more classy than Skocic in interviews. For example Southgate is and has always been a gentleman, I hold him in really high regards. Totally agree about that.
                          No question, orientalism is real. There is an entire literature dedicated to “otherness” and making other people’s exotic and dehumanizing them (white man’s burden). No question that Zionism is central to Isralei identity today and in the past. No question, “empire” by hegemons is also real. Sanctions are also real, by Western powers.

But I am just sick of all this talk by some Iranians who blame everyone and anyone outside IR and internal dynamics. Sanctions is a huge problem, but IR sanctioned our people with violence, pillaging and theft - long before the white man could even make sense of the situation

When the likes of Raisi, Khamenei and Ahmad Alamolhoda ruling the country - who the hell needs external enemies?

Comment

No question, orientalism is real. There is an entire literature dedicated to “otherness” and making other people’s exotic and dehumanizing them (white man’s burden). No question that Zionism is central to Isralei identity today and in the past. No question, “empire” by hegemons is also real. Sanctions are also real, by Western powers.

But I am just sick of all this talk by some Iranians who blame everyone and anyone outside IR and internal dynamics. Sanctions is a huge problem, but IR sanctioned our people with violence, pillaging and theft - long before the white man could even make sense of the situation

When the likes of Raisi, Khamenei and Ahmad Alamolhoda ruling the country - who the hell needs external enemies?
                            Totaly agree baradar!

I.R is the saratantumor of Iran and if we want to get our health back we need to remove the tumor as step nr 1!

Payande Iran

Comment

Infamous lequipe had a Poland Iran (volleyball) streaming on their site, whose advertising quickly disappeared when France won its game.
                              No news about Poland/iran results while they have one for other QF.

BTW, never ever they reported their star player (Ngapeth) joined Paykan and played there.

Comment

Not sure if this is a biases but recent developments have made it to Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...ng-2022-09-04/

Correction for the article posted: Taj did not hire CQ in 2014 but did renew his contract for 2018.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X