X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor DOOM
    replied
    Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
    He had a nice long range shot that almost went in does the poor guy at least get a point for that..
    I bet if he was a pp or ss player 90% of ppl asking for his exclusion, would provide a paragraph in his defense, justifications and excuses!!!!

Leave a comment:

• The
    replied
    Originally posted by pdot View Post
    Just to explain the reason he conserves energy is for when he has to make a run. Typically target strikers or poachers do this so they can get to the ball first before a defender. But not going to argue with you regarding how Azmoun should play. He is our best striker by miles and expecting him to run around like Gucci or Taremi is not understanding what his job is for TM.

With that said he almost scored with his left(weak foot) on his first touch. I mean if he had scored that no one here would have said he had a bad game.
    Lol, no he didn't almost score. That shot was close but not that close. It's not like it hit the post, so let's chill.
    Also I'd still be saying that considering the lack of effort and the constant whining he displayed everytime someone else got the ball instead of him.

Leave a comment:

• naderb94
    replied
    At this point especially with Ezzatollahi suspended for 1 game in WC, Hajsafi and Ebrahimi are locks to make the WC team. Karimi is on the bubble

Leave a comment:

• greenguy4life
    replied
    Hilarious how we played with a number 9 and a number 8 at centre back 😂😂😂 only in Iran

Leave a comment:

• Iran_19
    replied
    Azmoun attitude was terrible today, yelling at teammates for missing passes. What is wrong with this kid?

Leave a comment:

• Doctor DOOM
    replied
    Couldn't watch the game but saw the highlights.
    On the goal I must say a couple of things.

1- What a magnificent pass from midfield to Amiri. I can't make out who passed it, but that was super world class. Coz they did it first time, quickly, without delay or touching the ball unnecessarily.

2- Amiri's pass was also quick nice.
    But JB, despite scoring the goal, left some to be desired. He got the ball with his marker behind him and an open goal. That extra touch was absolutely unnecessary and sometimes it proves to be he difference between a goal and a scoffed shot. Instead of tapping the ball in first time, he took an extra touch which allowed time for his marker to close in and press him.
    Now, he somehow held off the defender here. But I doubt decent WC defenders will allow him to do this.
    Such opportunities come once in a blue moon. You gotta deal with it as quickly as possible, without delay.

But I'm glad JB scored. He'd been under a bit of pressure at TM lately.

Also I'm getting worried why nobody tell Beiranvand to punch TO THE SIDE, NOT TO TH MIDDLE of the pitch, where the shooter has the widest angle to the goal.
    He still punches right in the middle!!!!!!
    Worrisome

Leave a comment:

• inarsenewetrust
    replied
    Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
    I would like to see Rafiei or Kamaybinia invited instead of Imani
    he actually showed his talent in moments. Really good reverse pass for karimi before gucci's offside goal. Also had a good strike at the end that forced a good save from contreras. But he was just too lax at times, and it seemed again the pace was too much for him. Thats what happens if you play in iran your whole life and are not a random generational talent like taremi. I think that Karimi and Hajsafi will probably start in the first game at defensive midfield. Then saeid will partner one of those guys in the remaining matches

Leave a comment:

• naderb94
    replied
    I would like to see Rafiei or Kamaybinia invited instead of Imani

Leave a comment:

• amirfigo
    replied
    best game after a long time, especially amiri, alireza, karimi & pag. we cant play the wc with just the starters we need a big pool of players which we will have till the wc.
    one thing that is for me nearly sure is that sergio pag ramos will score after a corner or a freekick. him, milad, alireza, saeid and sardar will be our stars.
    and with ali karimi we have a more than suitable player for saeid in the first game. he has maybe the biggest football iq in the team. all in all im 0% nervous for the wc as we will surpass for the first time in our history the group stage.
    zendeh bad iran!

Leave a comment:

• inarsenewetrust
    replied
    Just to explain the reason he conserves energy is for when he has to make a run. Typically target strikers or poachers do this so they can get to the ball first before a defender. But not going to argue with you regarding how Azmoun should play. He is our best striker by miles and expecting him to run around like Gucci or Taremi is not understanding what his job is for TM.

With that said he almost scored with his left(weak foot) on his first touch. I mean if he had scored that no one here would have said he had a bad game.
    even a low confidence, out of form azmoun, hit that shot better than any of our forwards could

Leave a comment:

• pdot
    replied
    Originally posted by The View Post
    I'm not saying he should be chasing down players 10 meters away. I'm talking about making an effort when the ball is one or two meters away from him or when his teammate has the ball in the penalty box. Even compared to the players you named, he wasn't trying.
    Also why does he need to conserve energy when he came on in the 60th minute of the game?

Leave a comment:

• Taz
    replied
    Pdot knows. Azmoun has got the sort of natural ability you can really use as a weapon. Him having an off-game in a friendly is forgiveable given his record and pedigree. Chill.

That Ghoddos pass to Amiri is a thing of beauty too. Someone GIF that up immediately, another one of such class and ability. We are blessed.

Leave a comment:

• The
    replied
    I mean the work low work rate means exactly that. When the player doesn't have the ball he doesn't run. He conserves energy for when he has to make a run. Azmoun if you haven't noticed typically gets to the ball first against the defender and he did it 4-5 times today. If he was running around all the time he would not have the energy to run when he has to.

Examples of poachers include: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mario Gomez and Inzaghi. To understand Azmoun playing style compare him to these poacher strikers and you will understand how he plays.
    I'm not saying he should be chasing down players 10 meters away. I'm talking about making an effort when the ball is one or two meters away from him or when his teammate has the ball in the penalty box. Even compared to the players you named, he wasn't trying.
    Also why does he need to conserve energy when he came on in the 60th minute of the game?

Leave a comment:

• eerooni
    replied
    A great game overall, 3 wins out of 4. now we need to test the boys, with the real big boys!

Leave a comment:

• pdot
    replied
    Originally posted by The View Post
    You do when you turn the ball over and the defender who took the ball from you is literally 1 foot away from you. You try to get the ball back instead of standing there like a flaccid phallus. you do when the ball is passed to the dude next to you and your team has possesion in the opponent's penalty box.
    I mean the work low work rate means exactly that. When the player doesn't have the ball he doesn't run. He conserves energy for when he has to make a run. Azmoun if you haven't noticed typically gets to the ball first against the defender and he did it 4-5 times today. If he was running around all the time he would not have the energy to run when he has to.

Examples of poachers include: Ruud van Nistelrooy, Mario Gomez and Inzaghi. To understand Azmoun playing style compare him to these poacher strikers and you will understand how he plays.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X