X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afat11
    replied
    Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
    We should've scored 3-4? How about the fact that we needed Seyed Jalal to play GK for us to save us from embarrassment in the first half. Had this been Venezuela's 1st squad we could've lost by 2-3 goals. Beiranvand is terrible and Mazaheri can kick a ball. We don't have GK going into the WC. Khoda bedademoon berese
    Just can't disagree with you more. Sorry. Seems we can't see eye to eye. You're right, that one mistake was bad, but what about Gucci and Amiri each having 1 v. 1's with the keeper that they couldn't finish. One 45 seconds into the match?

Having one error, no matter how critical shouldn't downplay the hustle and fluidity of our players today, especially in the first 60 minutes of the match. I will agree that we took our foot off the gas in the last 30 minutes, but that was a very experimental lineup with fringe players like Imani in the game. We cannot judge the entire performance by one Biranvand mistake, and some weak passing from benchwarmers in the dying minutes of a test match.

You are welcome to your opinion though. I'm just saying why I thought we played well. I can understand you being frustrated by Biranvand, but I personally think we should acknowledge the hustle of players like Dejagah, Ghoddos, and others today. The passing was crisp and we could hold the ball which made me feel good. These are things we struggled with before 2015.

Leave a comment:

• KeonKish
    replied
    Did anybody else think that Gucci would have normally scored those first two chances that he had ?

I feel like something is wrong with his focus.

Besides that he was his usual hard working self and was always coming back to get the ball.

But his final product was really poor today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Iran_19
    replied
    We won the game but clearly Venezuela was the better team. It's a miracle they didnt score.
    What?

Leave a comment:

• Ali Doust
    replied
    We should've scored 3-4? How about the fact that we needed Seyed Jalal to play GK for us to save us from embarrassment in the first half. Had this been Venezuela's 1st squad we could've lost by 2-3 goals. Beiranvand is terrible and Mazaheri can kick a ball. We don't have GK going into the WC. Khoda bedademoon berese

Leave a comment:

• KeonKish
    replied
    Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
    Couldn't disagree with you more. We dominated possession and more chances in the first half. They picked up their tempo for 30 minutes after the little guy came on, and they were dangerous for exactly the last 15 minutes of the game when we were already leading 1-0.

Did you watch the game, or just highlights? Anyone who watched the game objectively knows that we were by far the better team and should have scored 3 or 4 if we could finish better. They had a 100% goal opportunity from a mistake stopped by the luck of having a player like Hosseini, but other than that, they had a handful of half-chances mostly at the end when they were chasing the result. Even then, we almost countered them several times and scored more ourselves.

Sorry, but I don't think many if anyone would agree with your assessment of TM's performance. Outside of missing their chances, this was one of TM's best performances in a while. Much better than Panama where we lost steam after scoring the second and were on the back heel for longer.
    Also important to consider that venezuela is a much stronger team than panama, and that we could see the level of conembol teams from todays match. That makes the performance even better. The teams in the bottom of the table in conembol would easily qualify in CONCACAF instead of shittier teams like panama, honduras, etc.

Leave a comment:

• KeonKish
    replied
    Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
    This is the same story as the Russia game. We make a lot of subs in the end, to give new players experience, then everyone comes and says the other team was much better. What do you expect when Omid Ebrahimi was our CB for the last 30 minutes?
    I even forgot about this myself.

Its true, obviously the structure of the team will change after a total of 6 subs.

But our players need to seriously increase their fitness if we are to implement this new playing style for the entire game come the WC.

You can tell that this new tactic is gassing the players around min 70

Leave a comment:

• Afat11
    replied
    We were in a complete disarray. Clearly they all underestimated Venezuela. That little guy no.16 Boy he looks dangerous every time he had the ball.
    Couldn't disagree with you more. We dominated possession and more chances in the first half. They picked up their tempo for 30 minutes after the little guy came on, and they were dangerous for exactly the last 15 minutes of the game when we were already leading 1-0.

Did you watch the game, or just highlights? Anyone who watched the game objectively knows that we were by far the better team and should have scored 3 or 4 if we could finish better. They had a 100% goal opportunity from a mistake stopped by the luck of having a player like Hosseini, but other than that, they had a handful of half-chances mostly at the end when they were chasing the result. Even then, we almost countered them several times and scored more ourselves.

Sorry, but I don't think many if anyone would agree with your assessment of TM's performance. Outside of missing their chances, this was one of TM's best performances in a while. Much better than Panama where we lost steam after scoring the second and were on the back heel for longer.

Leave a comment:

• Camran khan
    replied
    We were in a complete disarray. Clearly they all underestimated Venezuela. That little guy no.16 Boy he looks dangerous every time he had the ball.
    This is the same story as the Russia game. We make a lot of subs in the end, to give new players experience, then everyone comes and says the other team was much better. What do you expect when Omid Ebrahimi was our CB for the last 30 minutes?

Leave a comment:

• Ali Doust
    replied
    Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
    It must then also be a miracle that we didnt score on them 10 more times. We had clear and solid chances on them during the entire game. Just because TM took their foot off the gas between minute 65 and 75 doesnt mean venezuela was the better team.

Leave a comment:

• KeonKish
    replied
    We won the game but clearly Venezuela was the better team. It's a miracle they didnt score.

It must then also be a miracle that we didnt score on them 10 more times. We had clear and solid chances on them during the entire game. Just because TM took their foot off the gas between minute 65 and 75 doesnt mean venezuela was the better team.

Leave a comment:

• Ali Doust
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GolfePersique
    replied
    Saman is great. If he can gel better into the team (which is getting better match by match), he will be our lethal arm in Russia. His class is on the same level as the young Ashkan.

I truly hope he goes to Bundesliga or EPL to this winter. He has the potential to become a world class player.

Leave a comment:

• Kiarash
    replied
    It was indeed a pre assist from Ghoddos, my god his pass is giving me wet dreams tonight

Leave a comment:

• OFFSIDE_1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ata View Post
    I really hope this testing period stops soon. So tired of crappy players in the line-up.
    CQ should smart enough to understand that he can’t replace Hosseyni. CQ is ruining our friendlies whit this bs line-ups.
    Mazaheri over beiro any day. Even a vatani coach can see that.

Good today:
    Mazaheri
    Bakx
    Ezzi (but brainless to play him because he can’t play first game in WC anyway)
    Hosseyni (best player we have)
    Dejageh
    Amiri (first time in 3 years he is good)

Bad:
    Beiro
    Gucci
    Karimi
    Ebrahimi
    Rezaei
    Imani
    and what if Hosseini is injured from now until the WC ? Do you have a backup plan? That's why you have friendlies.

Leave a comment:

• Keano
    replied
    In general it was a fresh breath of air to watch TM play a more entertaining and somewhat attacking football against a decent South American team, especially in the first half. I have noticed a new trend in our recent games, and that is the all-out-attack in the first 10-15 minutes of the match, trying to score and dominate the match, however it's been followed by complacency later into the game, particularly mid second half, thus pulling back and defending. But again that may also be of its own tactics employed by the coach.

The standouts for me were Hosseini, ARJ, Amiri, PAG and indeed Mazaheri who definitely saved at least 2-3 possible goals, a few of those saves were the typical Beiranvand slip ups and goals he had previously conceded with TM and Perspolis, especially that low ball shot Mazaheri saved. Honestly I think it's time to rely more on Mazaheri and give him the chance to start in our next friendlies. Beiranvand has been real unreliable as of late TBH.

Our track record is unbelievable, when was the last time we lost a match? I suppose against Sweden over 2 years ago? This TM is by far the best and most promising TM I have ever seen in my entire life. Everything about it makes me happy and puts a big smile on my face!

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    1- What a magnificent pass from midfield to Amiri. I can't make out who passed it, but that was super world class. Coz they did it first time, quickly, without delay or touching the ball unnecessarily.
    I believe the pre-assist was by Ghoddos? (Can anyone confirm?)

I also agree with your note on ARJ's finishing touch, that was a one-timer and he should have finished the job in the first touch, rather than trying to control the ball and tapping it in, it was a big risk he took, but thank God it paid off!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X