No announcement yet.

Iran vs Venezuela Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beiranvand - 3 This guy has had enough chances to prove himself. I hope that Mazaheri is our nr 1 now in CQs eyes.
    Rezaeian - 6 - He was okay today, linked up good on the right side. But he needs to look up before he crosses the ball.
    Hosseini - 8 - I would give him a 9. Such a solid defender, everything collapses when he is subbed out. The only negative thing I see is that he clears every ball, he isnt calm enough to start a counterattack properly, but maybe thats why he is so safe.
    Pouraliganji - 6,5 Okay today, better than Panama game.
    Hajsafi - 6,5 Quite solid today, but Mohammadi is another level on the left back position.
    Ezzatolahi - 7 I think that he played good today, strong and composed. He made a good tackle that could lead to a goal aswell in the first half.
    Karimi - 6,5 Didnt see much of him, OK I guess.
    Dejagah - 7.5 Great as always, a bit slow at times but that is what happens when you dont play football regurlary.
    Jahanbakhsh - 8,5 MOTM. Best TM game from him I´ve seen.
    Ghoochannejhad - 5 I love Gucci´s game, but he is clearly out of form and confidence at the moment.
    Amiri - 8 Great first half, he really proved me wrong today. But he slowly got tired and sloppy in the second half.

Subs:

Ghoddos - 6.5 Amazing pass to Amiri when we scored. He tends to disappear after a while, but CQ doesnt give him a fair chance to play with our A-team.
    Mazaheri - 8 Great performance, no nerves at all. I think that he should be our number 1.
    Imani - 2 He gave away possesion to easily on several dangerous occasions. He shouldnt be in our WC squad.
    Ebrahimi - I cant rate him as a CB, dont know why CQ played him there.
    Rezaei - 5 Weak performance.
    Azmoun - 4 He shouldnt play at the moment, crappy attitude.

Comment

Beiravand is not WC caliber keeper. He looked shaky at best!! I am glad to see CQ testing other options. Mazaheri showed good confidence but need to work on his distribution.

Well-done TM.

Comment

Ali karimi was so bad it was nuts.

Comment

At last, we could see my favourite keeper Mazaheri in goal and he did great.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
            Ali karimi was so bad it was nuts.
            yaroo kheyli maaaste and way too sloooowww of a decision maker on the ball..! especially for a DM in our relatively aggressive team defensive scheme..!
            he has the size and potential to come good possibly or be a good DM option vs smaller/slower teams but he gets exposed badly vs big/aggressive and speedy opponents..!

Comment

Ok so I watched the full match here is my final verdict:

Beiranvand - 5 (dangerous punch in the middle in the 1st half, didn't have to do much otherwise except some safe saves)

Rezaeian - 6.5 (Put in some dangerous crosses, did alright defensively)
              Hosseini - 8 (Standard Seyed Jalal and cleared a 100% goal on the line)
              PAG - 7 (He compensates Hosseini's slowness by being quick off his position, did his job well in general)
              Hajsafi - 6.5 (Better than usual)

Ezzatollahi - 7 (Better than usual as well, physical, some good passes, basically won all aerial duels)
              Karimi - 6 (Was decent in the 1st half IMO but it all went wrong in the 2nd half, some good tackles and some careless. In general him and Saeid made their presence felt with their usual physicality)
              Dejagah - 7 (Same as last game, held the ball well and created dangerous chances for other players)

Amiri - 7.5 (Never stopped hustling, some nice combinations and passes, great run and assist for JB's goal. He's one of the best player, if not the best off the ball)
              Jahanbakhsh - 7.5 (much better, good run on the goal, effective dribbling in the 1st half. The key was that he was given more freedom to do what he wants in this game, like in AZ, as opposed to how restricted the wingers usually are in CQ's system)
              Gucci - 6 (Nothing much)

-----------------------------------------------------

Mazaheri - 7.5 (I always been a big fan, solid keeper, no-nonsense, great reflexes every-time. He's been constantly under pressure but dealt with it well. IMO he's the best "backup" gk we currently have and the most realistic one that can challenge for the starting spot)

Imani - 5 (He has a risky game, plays relaxed but sometimes makes too many bad passes. Doesn't always make good decisions )
              Ebrahimi - 6 (out of position, did alright)
              Ghoddos - 6.5 (He's starting to adapt to the team, intelligent player)

K. Rezaei - 6 (Did alright, nothing too special)
              Azmoun - 5.5 (Had nothing to show in these 2 games really, overall very average, some good runs here and there coupled with some terrible passes and turnovers)

Comment

Is there is a reason Venezuela en Iran is trending on twitter? It’s all Spanish. 😧

Comment

best player of the match was a tossup between Jahanbaksh and Amiri. Like I said before the match, I like Amiri's game because he hustles 100% of the time his on the pitch. Every team needs that type of player. A scrappy player that never gives up and is always in the mix. Having him on the roster is like having an extra player. The only place he did not play was the GK position :-) .

Jahanbakhsh at times was just toying with the Venezuela players. I think he's slowly settling down and will have more games like this down the road.

Ghoddos, one or two times a game, has those electrifying moments, displaying his explosiveness, but he does have to come back and help on defense. He needs more time to adjust to the team.

Ashkan is still our best technical player, and his ball distribution is still better than anyone on this team, but his stamina is a problem. While his stamina hasn't been great the past few years, it's still a problem to be a 45 minute player.

Beiranvand has never been convincing and I wouldn't be surprised if Mazaheri slowly starts to take over the starting spot. You cannot have a GK who has problems with aerial attacks not knowing when to punch the ball or just simply keep possession. He looks lost and the WC team's scouts will tear him apart.

Amini was either great or a disaster. An up and down game which is expected of young players. I think CQ likes his game but the number of times he gave up the ball and especially in the location of the field these turnovers were happening is a big concern.

Hosseini, pouraliganji were solid as usual and in general, except for a 15 minute stretch in the 2nd half, we defended well.

Both Gucci and Azmoun had average games. Gucci should have scored in the first minute. That's always been his trademark so it's disappointing to see him not finish. Sardar is not a playmaker and if he has to come back and create for himself, he gets caught in no man's land and becomes an average player. We desperately need a player outside of Ashkan to setup and create.

Overall, a good game by TM. Very encouraging to see them beat a good team. Based on the pot we land in, we need to schedule some friendlies with teams that are a notch above Panama and Venezuela.
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Don't forget folks,

... World Cup is over 7 months from now! .. that is too far in the future to be able to fix the team now ... the only thing that is certain is that the final World cup team will be different than what you see today. ... Some names will drop and others will emerge.

Comment

I was going to say before the game: Please stop bashing Amiri as he is a great hardworking player. Good that he proved it himself. Same may go for Sardar. He will not get himself hurt for a friendly match but you will see him giving 200% of himself in the world cup. we need to have better attitude sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
                        Is there is a reason Venezuela en Iran is trending on twitter? It’s all Spanish. 😧
                        https://mobile.twitter.com/LOngJOhnS...36304100282369

Comment

The first half was some of the best football I've ever seen team Melli play
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                            I was going to say before the game: Please stop bashing Amiri as he is a great hardworking player. Good that he proved it himself. Same may go for Sardar. He will not get himself hurt for a friendly match but you will see him giving 200% of himself in the world cup. we need to have better attitude sometimes.
                            Khatibi gave 300 procent but he still was ashghal. Amlri today was really nice but in the last 10 minutes he started to show glimpses of his old self. Awful crosses losing the ball easily making dangerous fouls. I hope the Amiri today is permanent cause he was really Good.

Comment

Wonder how some of u would have reacted if Beiravand had made the same mistake Mazaheri did when he kicked the ball to Venezuelauan player?

Comment

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
                                Khatibi gave 300 procent but he still was ashghal. Amlri today was really nice but in the last 10 minutes he started to show glimpses of his old self. Awful crosses losing the ball easily making dangerous fouls. I hope the Amiri today is permanent cause really Good.
                                Uhhh maybe he was tires of being all over the field the entire game? He was our best player along with Jahanbakhsh and he should be in our final roster! People who bash him are clueless, they lack football knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X