We already know who 1 of our opponents will be in the world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
    show you how crappy saudi is they are lower than panama, i hope we see another 8-0 lose for saudi can happen they lost 3-0 at home to ghana who did not even qualify

Comment

Have you guys looked at pot 2 !?
      Some of them are harder to play with than some of the teams in pot 1.
      How would you like to be grouped with Germany and England, or Spain and France?
      If that happens then it doesn't matter who we get from pot 4.

Comment

we have advantage in pot 3 since we are the only asian team from pot 4, we can meet 4 of them while other teams have to meet much more, while pot 4 teams must face much harder tems

Comment

Man imagine a group with Poland, Peru and Panama, that would be nice!

Comment

Opposite would be Brazil, Spain and Nigeria for example

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
              Man imagine a group with Poland, Peru and Panama, that would be nice!
              That's the group we all want

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                show you how crappy saudi is they are lower than panama, i hope we see another 8-0 lose for saudi can happen they lost 3-0 at home to ghana who did not even qualify
                I wished the Saudis hadn't make it to the WC! but hoping for them or any other Asian team to lose, let alone with 8-0, is only shooting yourself in the foot. It's not going to be good for the reputation of Asia and consequently for the number of spots Asia gets for future WCs! That will be the case, no matter how well Iran or any other Asian nation plays.

For me, I hope they get their acts together and do not embarrass us with another 8-0 result!

Comment

I simulated the draw with some site and I got the following group:

1.Germany
                  2.Switzerland
                  3.Iran
                  4.Senegal

Man, this is a tough group.

Comment

Let's put it this way then:

I hope all Asian teams qualify to the 2nd round by winning their group matches 8-0, but that only the Saudi's lose all their matches 8-0. And that is the magical score of 8-0 only, not 7-0 or 9-0.
                    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      I simulated the draw with some site and I got the following group:

1.Germany
                      2.Switzerland
                      3.Iran
                      4.Senegal

Man, this is a tough group.
                      isnt senegal pot 3 , how are they in our group?

Comment

I like to see us in the same group as Poland. Probably get our ass kicked by LewanGOALSki

Comment

This would be my favorite group:

1. Germany
                          2. Spain
                          3. Croatia
                          4. Saudi Arabia

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                            If Costa Rica got past England/Italy/Uruguay we can too.

Some of the pot 2 teams def have more qualitu than us but some teams can get flustered.

We flustered Argentina for 90 min and only Messi could save them.

You are telling me we cant do the same to similar but weaker teams like Uruguay/Colombia?

On Team Mellis best day we are scared of no one.

Iran/Greece is just as even a game as possible.
                            Beating any team in the WC is not easy and we have always thought the lesser teams are beatable until we faced them. Back in 1978 we tied Scotland and then we thought we will easily beat Peru, and ofcourse we lost 4-1. We thought we could beat Mexico and we lost 3-1 and we also thought we can beat Bosnia and we lost 3-1.

From pots 1,2 and 4, if you exclude the Asian teams, the only team that we are even with is Panama. For all the others, we are the underdog
                            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                              Beating any team in the WC is not easy and we have always thought the lesser teams are beatable until we faced them. Back in 1978 we tied Scotland and then we thought we will easily beat Peru, and ofcourse we lost 4-1. We thought we could beat Mexico and we lost 3-1 and we also thought we can beat Bosnia and we lost 3-1.

From pots 1,2 and 4, if you exclude the Asian teams, the only team that we are even with is Panama. For all the others, we are the underdog
                              Sure. Being underdogs help us.

Im saying if we held Argentina. We can hold teams weaker than them. Its a self confidence issue.

I knew Bosnia/Mexico were most likely losses.

Again Costa Rica was an underdog in a group of death. If we get lucky and play our tactics right we can also get out of the group.

Comment

I'm good with whoever Iran gets.

What I really want is a Germany Spain Croatia Saudi.

Comment

Working...
                                X