No announcement yet.

Iran Friendly (November)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh Im thinking a full strength Ukraine is better match practice for Croatia than playing Serbia.

Ukraine is a very attack minded team. Very technical, very good in possession. They are a level up from Russia in my opinion.

Comment

Ukraine is 24th in the world while Serbia is 38th... who the hell actually thinks Serbia is better? Lol...

Comment

Congratulations to Mr. Taj with this Venezuela/Serbia combo. Sorry, I meant the Venezuela/Bosnia combo. Oh no, I meant the Panama/Austria combo. AHhhh the Panama/Ukraine combo etc...

As the Ukraine friiendly isn't confirmed and we will end up with Uganda B team, I think it was the perfect time to set a friendly with Turkey for november FIFA dates: good relation between both countries currently, and few time left for cancellation in case of political changes.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Congratulations to Mr. Taj with this Venezuela/Serbia combo. Sorry, I meant the Venezuela/Bosnia combo. Oh no, I meant the Panama/Austria combo. AHhhh the Panama/Ukraine combo etc...

As the Ukraine friiendly isn't confirmed and we will end up with Uganda B team, I think it was the perfect time to set a friendly with Turkey for november FIFA dates: good relation between both countries currently, and few time left for cancellation in case of political changes.
          Ukraine are at the level of serbia . Easily. Panama is a downgrade to venezuela but they will play with A team so that isnt that bad. I hope we get Panama/Ukraine, and honestly I would like one round of friendlies where we play our european neighbors. Turkey / Greece or Turkey/Armenia would both be affordable and doable for IFF. In addition to those obviously we need two big friendlies, one european powerhouse, and one good S.A team that is going to WC ( So maybe Peru if were being realistic).

Togo, Russia, Panama, Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Peru, Portugal, possibly a weak team like Jamaica right before WC to win and get confidence up. That would be 9 friendlies and be worthy of CQ's requests.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
            Ukraine is 24th in the world while Serbia is 38th... who the hell actually thinks Serbia is better? Lol...
            You didn't actually go around thinking Iran was better than the Netherlands last month only because the former was higher up in Fifa ranking, did you?

Comment

IFF dont have a proper Communication person who actually know how to speak and write professional English , so no proper correspondences and this is why TM suffers,

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                You didn't actually go around thinking Iran was better than the Netherlands last month only because the former was higher up in Fifa ranking, did you?
                Well since you ask, they probs were better than Holland when Blind was in charge but this new manager they have is doing very well so not anymore.

And the FIFA ranking inaccuracy is irrelevant. A good result against a higher ranked team = more positive change in OUR rank.

Comment

Anyways at this point I believe we should be happy with these 2 friendlies for sure , it is better than nothing

Comment

Panama in my view is actually a better friendly than Venezuela. Panama will actually take the friendly seriously as they are preparing for the world cup whereas venezuela could send their B team or not take the game seriously since they have nothing to prepare for.

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
                      Panama in my view is actually a better friendly than Venezuela. Panama will actually take the friendly seriously as they are preparing for the world cup whereas venezuela could send their B team or not take the game seriously since they have nothing to prepare for.
                      Panama is 49th & Venezuela is 51st, it's not really an opinion they're better lol... the higher ranked teams we play & beat, the better our ranking can be. People who say Serbia & Venezuela are better than Ukraine & Panama hamintori az khodeshoon harf mizanan.

Comment

Looking forward to playing Panama! Not bad at all. I'm sure it'll be a good friendly and it will benefit both teams.

Comment

Anyone who thinks Ukraine's "A" team is better than Serbia's "A" team or that Panama's "A" team is better than Venezuela's "A" team, doesn't follow and doesn't know international football of 2017.

And FIFA rankings has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Iran Friendly (November)

Ukraine has more dangerous players than a team like Russia for instance, they’re a good side who are better than several WC teams.

I don’t think Serbia are better than them honestly. If it happens this would be a great friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                              Ukraine has more dangerous players than a team like Russia for instance, they’re a good side who are better than several WC teams.
                              I don’t think Serbia are better than them honestly. If it happens this would be a great friendly
                              Why are Serbia so much better than Ukraine? Ukraine were in a much tougher group ( the group of death) , and have a far better domestic league. Shakhtar and Dinamo are legitimately good european clubs, Shakhtar are top tier. Guys like Rakitisky,stepanenko,Kovalenko, Marlos ( all shakhtar), zinchenko ( man city ) , Konoplyanka ( Schalke), Yarmolenko ( Dortmunds star player this year) are at the level of serbias Tadic ( Southampton), Matic (united), Milojevic, ivanovic, maksimovic, kolarov.

Serbia would be better because they are going to WC and therefore will be more motivated, but in terms of purely quality, there is little difference. Are we sure Serbia friendly is out. We wouldnt need visas for TM so it makes a lot of sense... ??

Comment

Fantastic friendlies, very excited to watch team Melli play against good opposition again.
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X