Iran vs Russia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
    Can someone explain to me why Beiranvand cant learn to clear the ball to the sides? Every time he punches a ball its directly in the center of goal.
    Because that would make too much sense, and he hates doing anything that is effective and logical
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Now that I have had some time to reflect, I need to say that the main positive from today was Ghafouri's performance. He was tested so many times and did great everytime. He didn't have the opportunity to move forward too many times, but when he did he made a really nice pass to azmoun. He's also very comfortable playing with Hosseini and Pouraliganji. Makes great tackles, and has speed. It is great to know that we can easily alternate between him and Ramin, and we can pretty much select based on opponent and tactic. Ramin is bigger, dribbles better and is better going forward, while Ghafouri has better positioning and tackles. But we have both, unlike the LB position where other than Mohammadi we are screwed.

Comment

Points to take away from this game:

- TM can hit anybody on the counter
        - There is a massive gulf in quality between the starting 11 and the bench and this needs to be addressed between now and the start of the WC
        - Mohammadi absence coupled with Rezaian sitting on the bench were both a blessing as our fullbacks on both sides of the field got tested
        - Russia's goal is the perfect example of what happens when TM switches off the pressing game for even 10 seconds
        - Beiranvand is weak on exits and needs to work on taking out the attacker, defenders, the ball, and everything else in the way on exits.

Overall, I thought this was a very good test for TM and a decent performance. TM played solid football for roughly 70 minutes and switched off after that. Understandable due to all the changes. I noticed Imani was completely lost and kept giving the ball away or giving up on his covering runs--just shows you the difference in quality between most local-based players and those who play in Europe/have played under CQ for a while. We need more games like this to expose our weaknesses. A 1-1 draw away at the world cup hosts, no matter where they stand in comparison to top European teams, is a good result too--if results in friendly games is your thing.

Comment

It's funny I remember CQ using Hajsafi at LB too right until the world cup - then suddenly he threw him on the LW (where he is much better) for the first WC game.

Comment

There are only certain players/coaches/personalities who are awarded with Knighthood and get the title "sir" in England. If you would give that title to someone in Iran's history, it would be:

1. Sir Parviz Ghelichkhani

2. Sir Karim Bagheri

3. Sir Jalal Hosseini

That's how I would rate this game.

Comment

Freak
              I agree with you totally
              Taremi and Hosseini were our best players today and Hajsafi , Ezzatolahi and Jahan Bakhsh our worst

Comment

When was Jahanbakhsh's last good game for TM? Seems like every game he disappoints. And with Dejagah and Shojaei it's even worse bc he takes the free kicks and corners.

Comment

CQ : 0, zero, sefr.

His player selection is awful. What the point to ask friendlies if :

- you play useless Amiri over and over again despite having a young torabi that just ask to gain some high level experience? How long Torabi play today??
                  - you play out of form Beiranvand and don't test any other serious alternative (Mazaheri)?
                  - you play Hajsafi LB over and over again, while he keep on disappointing at this position?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                    We do have a replacement! Albino kid Shariati!
                    Hes not albino hes a beautiful ginger

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      CQ : 0, zero, sefr.
                      His player selection is awful. What the point to ask friendlies if :
                      - you play useless Amiri over and over again despite having a young torabi that just ask to gain some high level experience? How long Torabi play today??
                      - you play out of form Beiranvand and don't test any other serious alternative (Mazaheri)?
                      - you play Hajsafi LB over and over again, while he keep on disappointing at this position?
                      I agree with these three points but CQ comparatively makes much less of these mistakes than any other TM coach in history (especially branko who aged us all by 20 years).

You'll struggle to find a single national team manager who makes decisions which make sense all the time. I disagreed strongly with his leaving out Azmoun and Khalatbari (both potential X-factors) for WC14 but the positives he does for player selections far far outweigh the negatives.

If you are angry with CQ for this then you must have gone crazy in 1999-2011 period.

Comment

Anyone have the highlights in Russian? Saw a couple clips and it seems that their camera was on the opposite side of the stadium

Comment

I would have rather seen torabi against russia.
                          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Jahanbakhsh still plays in a competitive European league so it's very difficult to leave him out but in today's game, I would have started with this lineup:

-----------------------------------Mazaheri---------------------------------------

----Ghafouri---------Hosseini---------------Pouraliganji-------------Aghaei----

----------------------Ezatollahi--------------Haji Safi/Ebrahimi-----------------

----Jahanbakhsh----------------Taremi----------------------Torabi-------------

----------------------------------Azmoun----------------------------------------

Subs: Ghoddos with Azmoun (Move Taremi to the striker position), Cheshmi with Ezatollahi (after the latter turned out to be out of form), Rezaeian with Ghafouri to experience the game, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                              Anyone have the highlights in Russian? Saw a couple clips and it seems that their camera was on the opposite side of the stadium
                              https://youtu.be/TRDSUd6mSnE

The goals look so different when viewed from the other side of the field lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                Jahanbakhsh still plays in a competitive European league so it's very difficult to leave him out but in today's game, I would have started with this lineup:

-----------------------------------Mazaheri---------------------------------------

----Ghafouri---------Hosseini---------------Pouraliganji-------------Aghaei----

----------------------Ezatollahi--------------Haji Safi/Ebrahimi-----------------

----Jahanbakhsh----------------Taremi----------------------Torabi-------------

----------------------------------Azmoun----------------------------------------

Subs: Ghoddos with Azmoun (Move Taremi to the striker position), Cheshmi with Ezatollahi (after the latter turned out to be out of form), Rezaeian with Ghafouri to experience the game, etc.
                                PLaying in a competitive league means nothing when he performs like this for TM. It doesn't matter, he could be the best player for Real Madrid, if he came and put these performances for the national team it wouldn't matter. I can't name a single game that I remember him performing in recent years. It is constant disappointment, and it is always the exact same way too!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X