Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDIT:

Iran seems to be the first team in Pot 4, because out of

Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Paraguay only 2.5 (lets assume 3 teams) can make it to the finals. So 2 Teams from the above table will be out for sure! If we even assume Top 4 will qualify from Euro, the pots can be like this (my calculation)

Pot A: (this Pot is for sure)
    Russia - Germany - Brazil - Portugal - Argentina - Belgium - Poland - France

Pot B:
    Switzerland - Spain - Colombia - Chile - England - Mexico - Uruguay - Italy

Pot C:
    Croatia - Denmark - Iceland - Costa Rica - USA - Tunisia - Egypt - Senegal

Pot D:
    Iran - Serbia - Nigeria - Japan - Korea - Saudi Arabia - Morocco/Ivory Coast - Australia/Panama/Honduras

So the only chance Iran land in Pot 3, is that Greece, South Africa or New Zealand beat their opponent because they will help eliminate a higher ranked team. We are now in Pot 4.
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    -

Comment

Originally posted by Beeza View Post
      Senegals best player, Sadio Mane, is injured and will likely miss Senegals final two matches next month:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...low-liverpool/

This slightly increases the chance that Senegal does not qualify, and as mentioned above if that were to happen then Team Melli moves up to pot 3 for the draw...
      The problem is, that Senegal just need ONE point, out of the two "final matches vs. South Africa. I think Senegal will qualify, but our hopes are of course higher fore South Africa and Greece compared to New Zealand.
      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
      sigpic

-

Comment

Saeed what about Denmark and Ireland wouldn't they also be behind us?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
          The problem is, that Senegal just need ONE point, out of the two "final matches vs. South Africa. I think Senegal will qualify, but our hopes are of course higher fore South Africa and Greece compared to New Zealand.
          I think theoretically Burkina Faso could overtake Senegal if they only make 1point out of the last 2 games so it's fair to say they must win one to be qualified.

Comment

There is also a chance Congo DR qualifying before Tunisia that would also open up a spot in pot 3. There are still some variables. The October ranking will be published on the 16th. The Europe draw for the relegation is a day later. Will be interesting to see what comes out.

Comment

Tunisia only need one point against destroyed Libya. They will make the World Cup. Congo failed in the matches vs. Tunisia. slim chance.

Burkina Faso has just one home match vs cap verde, and they have to win it high with 4 goal difference, to allow Senegal a draw and losing one match vs. South Africa. also very slim chance.

Our most realistic chances are Greece qualifiying, New Zealand qualifiying, South Africa wining both matches vs. Senegal, Tunisia, in this chronological order..
              sigpic

-

Comment

Tunisia only need one point against destroyed Libya. They will make the World Cup. Congo failed in the matches vs. Tunisia. slim chance.

Burkina Faso has just one home match vs cap verde, and they have to win it high with 4 goal difference, to allow Senegal a draw and losing one match vs. South Africa. also very slim chance.

Our most realistic chances are Greece qualifiying, New Zealand qualifiying, South Africa wining both matches vs. Senegal, Tunisia, in this chronological order..
                Will Ireland be in front of us in the October ranking?

Comment

Our most realistic chances are Greece qualifying, New Zealand qualifying, South Africa wining both matches vs. Senegal, Tunisia, in this chronological order..
                  If Peru or Paraguay end up as the fifth Conmebol team then its not completely unrealistic for New Zealand to put up a decent fight... i mean they will be a heavy underdog for sure no matter who they play but against Argentina, Chile or Columbia I would give them about a 1% chance of advancing but against Peru or Paraguay maybe around 20-25%

Comment

Honestly i don’t even care about us being in Pot 3 or Pot 4 as there isn’t much difference between them (not only that but you can say Pot 4 is tougher). Beghoole maaroof har chi kheire. Har chi kheire baraye Team Melli.
                    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                      Honestly i don’t even care about us being in Pot 3 or Pot 4 as there isn’t much difference between them (not only that but you can say Pot 4 is tougher). Beghoole maaroof har chi kheire. Har chi kheire baraye Team Melli.
                      It is a psychological thing Aziz

Comment

probably pot 4 is even better for us, because we can not face Japan, Korea, saudis, Australia and we will be grouped with Serbia, Nigeria, Morocco/Ivory Coast and probably Panama Honduras....

i do not fear USA, Tunisia, Senegal, Iceland or Egypt or Denmark. the strongest team out of them is Croatia.

a match agains USA has something special. matches against USA, Costa Rica, Tunisia or Senegal I rate us better. against Egypt and Iceland and Denmark equal.
                        sigpic

-

Comment

basically the pots are equal. If we get croatia then we could be fucked but other than that we have the same chance against the teams from either pot.

Comment

US out, our road to Pot 3 got a whole lot easier

Comment

^doesn't US dropping out confirm us in Pot 3? Since Panama are in and Honduras/Australia are the other spot?

Comment

Isn't Iran officially Pot 3 now? Teams below us in ranking come October:

Panama
                                Honduras/Australia
                                Korea
                                Japan
                                Saudi Arabia
                                Serbia
                                Morocco/Ivory Coast
                                Nigeria

That is 8 teams already qualified or with the open opportunity to qualify, and we will be above all of them in the next rankings!

Iran is a Pot 3 fellas! We can do well in this position. It will give our boys confidence! Just hoping we avoid Nigeria. All of the others below us are beatable, even Nigeria. They're just the toughest option in my eyes.

EDIT: I forgot about Serbia, hope to avoid them too!

My ideal group:

Russia-Peru-Iran-Panama

Comment

Working...
                                X