Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official "COME ON CONGO" Thread - Fight for Pot 3

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    Making R16 is a meaningless feat if we don't get any results against quality opposition. Personally, while I don't want a group of death, I'd like to see some tough matchups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok let me remind people.

Iran at the World Cup:

Games Played: 12
    Won: 1
    Draw: 3
    Lost: 8

Even 1 win in the Group Stage is a HUGE achievement for us. Getting to the R16, no matter how easy the group, will be borderline fantasy.

Don't let the current form against the Asian teams fool you. We still haven't proven anything.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
      Ok let me remind people.

Iran at the World Cup:

Games Played: 12
      Won: 1
      Draw: 3
      Lost: 8

Even 1 win in the Group Stage is a HUGE achievement for us. Getting to the R16, no matter how easy the group, will be borderline fantasy.

Don't let the current form against the Asian teams fool you. We still haven't proven anything.
      We should aim at doing better than our best result (being 1 win, 2 losses in France98). That could be 1 win & 1 draw, which will 85% sure bring us in 2nd round
      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
        We should aim at doing better than our best result (being 1 win, 2 losses in France98). That could be 1 win & 1 draw, which will 85% sure bring us in 2nd round
        1 win and 1 draw and the first two games would be good. Overall in 3 games 4 points will max give us a 50% chance of advancing.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
          If we beat Russia on Tuesday we will for sure be on Pot 3 no matter any other scores.
          Good point, but it still depends on how the other teams (close to us in the rankings) perform against their respective opponents.

Comment

Congo tied at 88th min just for egypt to score a pk at 93rd min n win it so that's that.

Comment

We should change the thread title to COME ON IONAN (GREECE) Because they are our last hope for making it to pot 3. Anyway I have started to not care about this anymore since the teams in pot 3 are not that scary at all

Comment

Nigeria in Pot 4 is a better team than any of the Pot 3 teams.

Theyve definitely improved since 2014. They added Ighalo, Iwobi, Ndidi, Balogun, Onazi Iheanacho, Ahmed Musa, have a better Victor Moses too.

Their only weakness now is their GK compared to the old one. The rest of the lineup is improved with EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga players.

Id rather play Northern Ireland/ Wales. Teams that have 1 or 2 great players but otherwise are hyped that we are clearly technically superior to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                  We should change the thread title to COME ON IONAN (GREECE) Because they are our last hope for making it to pot 3. Anyway I have started to not care about this anymore since the teams in pot 3 are not that scary at all
                  greece get playoff we are in pot 3 regardless of our game against russia?

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                    greece get playoff we are in pot 3 regardless of our game against russia?
                    If Greece wins their play-off and qualifies for the World Cup.

The Russia match doesn't make much difference.

Comment

^ Yea....even if we lose to Russia, we'll be ahead of Greece. The only possibility to say we shall beat Russia (As important for seeding), are the unlikely cases of either Senegal/Tunisia not qualifying, which I still don't see DR Congo or South Africa taking us over in the FIFA rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                        If Greece wins their play-off and qualifies for the World Cup.

The Russia match doesn't make much difference.
                        isnt the seeding based on october ranking?and the european playoffs isnt it in november?

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia
                          I want Greece and Egypt in our group so that alls three ancient civilisations
                          are reunited again.
                          I'm willing to bet if that we're to happen, at least one commentator from the U.K. would make a cheesy metaphor from it

No disrespect to the U.K. commentators, because they are some of the most knowledgeable, professional and appealing commentators in football. But they can also be very cheesy at times lol.

Comment

What about Slovakia?

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia
                              I want Greece and Egypt in our group so that alls three ancient civilisations
                              are reunited again.
                              Add Italy...

Comment

So what is the latest update (current fifa ranking points of teams)

The October Fifa ranking IS IMPORTANT, after Tuesday matches..
                                World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                                sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                                If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X