• Show
Clear All

Iran vs Togo Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Lak - 7

Ghafouri - 7
    Cheshmi - 8 MoM (Excellent performance)
    Kanaani - 7 (Very solid as well)
    Hajsafi - 5

Abdollahzadeh - 6 (Alright debut, wasn't great, wasn't bad)
    Ezzatollahi - 5 (Average)
    Ghoddos - 7 (Showed some quality, but clearly wasn't very in sync with the rest of the team. Once he spends more time with TM he could be Key)

Torabi - 7 (Constant danger on the wings)
    Ansarifard - 6 (3 based on the 1std half, lucky on the 1st goal which he almost missed as well, good positioning on the 2nd goal. Had a slightly better 2nd half but still looks like TM's weak link right now)
    Rezaei - 6 (Nothing special)

------------------------------------

Aghaei - 5
    Hosseini - 6
    Ebrahimi - 7 (Great assist)
    Imani - 6.5 (elegant on the ball and has some serious potential. Never thought he would be TM material one day, but his composure on the ball, passing + vision makes him a good player for our depth)
    Amiri - 5
    Gucci - 5

Lak - 7

Ghafouri - 7 hustled,
    Cheshmi - 8 Beast Mode
    Kanaani - 7
    Hajsafi - 6

Abdollahzadeh - 6
    Ezzatollahi - 6 - I'm still pissed off
    Ghoddos - 7 Good debut, moments of magic, great assist
    Torabi - 7
    Ansarifard - 7 purely for the brace, Im happy for him.
    Rezaei - 6 out of place

Aghaei - 5
    Hosseini - 6
    Ebrahimi - 7
    Imani - 7 solid debut
    Amiri - 5
    Gucci - 5

Commentator - 2, horrible, too much taryak before game. Not even watching the same game. Alzheimer setting in
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
      Commentator - 2, horrible, too much taryak before game. Not even watching the same game. Alzheimer setting in

Comment

Overall:
        The real friendly will be against Russia, that will be a fantastic game, and we will hopefully field our A team. The first half line up can be considered our C team, and we transitioned into our B team after.

The good:
        - Cheshmi is solid. We have a new CB option with him, especially with tall opponents. What a fantastic player!
        - Karim after having one of the worst performances I have seen scored 2 goals, vital for his confidence
        - Saman showed that he has a lot of potential
        - Ebrahimi with a solid display as CDM, and a great assist
        - Did we have like 7 players make their first cap today? Very happy to see this.

The bad:
        - We have no depth in the LB position, Aghaei didn't do much, and Hajsafi was predictable and weak.
        - Kaveh Rezaei was very poor today, and Gucci showed that he cannot play in the wing.
        - Ezatolahi was careless and constantly fouling.

Overall happy we won, and we tried out many new players, happy to see Saman play for Iran, the friendly served its purpose. Looking forward to the next match

Individual ratings:

Lak - 7 (nice exists, seemed confident, wasn't really challenged)

Ghafouri - 7 (great first half, nice runs up the field, but had a few bad giveaways)
        Cheshmi - 8.5 (I am so impressed with him!! perfect game, his score would've been higher if he was challenged more)
        Kanaani - 7 (Played well, was a bit overshadowed by Cheshmi)
        Hajsafi - 5 (poor performance, predictable movement, doesn't know how to play as LB)

Abdollahzadeh - 6.5 (didn't see anything that stood out, pretty average performance)
        Ezzatollahi - 4 (Terrible, constant giveaways, fouls, held onto the ball too long, badjoori rid)
        Ghoddos - 7.5 (Nice movement, a bit rushed at times, but he just needs time to play alongside the other players, once he understands their movement, he will provide deadly passes. We also finally have a player that will take shots from outside of the box, it will help with our usual predictable wing movement)

Torabi - 7.5 (fantastic first half, average second half. Overall nice movement and passes, has a lot of promise)
        Ansarifard - 7.5 (Terrible first half, then scored 2 goals, very hard to rate)
        Rezaei - 5 (Very weak performance, provided nothing offensively)

Aghaei - 6 (average)
        Hosseini - 6.5 (not on too long, hard to rate)
        Ebrahimi - 8 (fantastic assist, really calmed the center of the field after coming on)
        Imani - 7 (wow haven't seen skilled dribbling like that for a while, I also noticed he got back a lot and defended, which is rare in a CAM, and something Carlos really values).
        Amiri - 5.5 (predictable, very average player that keeps getting playing time for some reason)
        Gucci - 6 (weak on the wing, showed that he can only play center striker)
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

You may think my marks are low, but honestly they don't deserve much higher because the team really wasn't firing on all cylinders. Overall good experience though. I just wish Togo had attacked our team more so we could test our defense and goalie more.

Lak - 6 - not challenged

Ghafouri - 7
          Cheshmi - 7
          Kanaani - 7
          Hajsafi - 3 - doesn't defend. He's a horrible defender, seriously watch him - I don't think he has ever take a ball of a opponent who is facing the goal.

Abdollahzadeh - 6
          Ezzatollahi - 6 (Average)
          Ghoddos - 7 - good drive and hustle and attcked. Good debut considering he has barely trained with the team.

Torabi - 7.5 - best player in terms of running and being in the right place. Needs more exposure against big teams. I hope CQ gives him some time against the Russians.
          Ansarifard - 6 - scored 2 but honestly his passing was shit, his running was shit, and his hustle was shit.
          Rezaei - 6.5 - good hustle.

Aghaei - 6 - I hope Mohammadi is injury free for the WC.
          Hosseini - 6.5 - always good
          Ebrahimi - 6 - good assist, but I feel he is lagging physically
          Imani - 6 - am i the only one who thinks he's really slow?
          Amiri - 5 - no energy, no strength. so lethargic.
          Gucci - 6 - wasn't fed at all.

Comment

PS the commentator was out of control!! Yaroo shoot booda, wtf was he talking about? Spoke about nothing of importance non stop, and when he would try to speak about the game, everything he kept saying was wrong!
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Lak - 6.5 - needs more testing

Ghafouri - 7 hustled, and showed that he is still a great option for RB. its always good to have options.
              Cheshmi - 8 , this guy is great, we shouldn't worry about CB anymore as against faster teams we can play the two young CB's (cheshmi/pouraliganji)
              Kanaani - 6.5, looked solid, nothing special though.
              Hajsafi - 5 I hate that he got to wear a captains armband, always looks lost.

Abdollahzadeh - 5 nothing special
              Ezzatollahi - 6.5 average
              Ghoddos - 7 lots of energy, did well for his first game
              Torabi - 7 - want to see him against russia
              Ansarifard - 7 purely for the brace, Im happy for him.
              Rezaei - 6 out of place

Aghaei - 5
              Hosseini - 6.5
              Ebrahimi - 7 (showed that he is much better than HS)
              Imani - 6.5 promising
              Amiri - 5
              Gucci - 5

biggest positives: Cheshmi / Ghoddos/ ghafouri

with cheshmi we now have a composed player who is capable of dealing with any team physically, he's a huge guy, and he plays smart.

I am no longer worried about CB

Ghafouri can always replace Ramin especially if we need to be defending

Ghoddos is another player with pace and class that we can toss into the mix, same with torabi.

really curious to see what our lineup against russia will be
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Some or many missed passes. I wish players play as a team. Togo's passing was better. They were not on target with their shots.

Disappointed in fan attendance. Thursday in Iran is almost a holiday or a half working day, the stadium should have been more people. Fans must not expect miracles while sitting at home in front of their TVs. Players need support.

I tend not to rank players because I am for team play, not individual play. Team did okay with result: I rank it 7 out of 10.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Overall noticeables for me:
                  Karim - 5- Needs to lose some weight and work on his stamina again - His goals werent impressive to say he did a good job... Sardar/Gucci and even Taremi are still better
                  Cheshmi - 8- Man has a leadership character. You can see how he talks to other players the entire time. He can become a solid defender next to Jalal if he continue to improve
                  Gucci - 5-an doesn't get a ball and as always is frustrated at the end of the game lol
                  Ghoddos-6 He seemed shaky at times but with Jahanbakhsh and Mohammadi and sardar around him he can definitely fit right in - Good Start
                  Kaveh _ 7-Man the guy ran a lot- So happy that he left shitty IPL
                  Lak -6- He is ok ---I still think Haghighi has a better arm and jump

This was an ok friendly --- Russia and stronger opponents is much more needed for players to be tested -- It doesn't matter if we lose 5-0. The point is for us to find our weeknesses and I hope CQ start arranging more difficult opponents then these crappy teams
                  Kaveh - Hussle Hussle

Comment

Torabi was decent, but he had a couple of really bad and dangerous turnovers in our own midfield when he tried to dribble instead of passing.

Such unnecessary ballhugging and turnovers can and will be deadly at a WC against better teams! I hope CQ makes this clear to him, and all other players.
                    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                      Torabi was decent, but he had a couple of really bad and dangerous turnovers in our own midfield when he tried to dribble instead of passing.

Such unnecessary ballhugging and turnovers can and will be deadly at a WC against better teams! I hope CQ makes this clear to him, and all other players.
                      I believe those individualist decisions/mistake are a biggest reason why he doesn’t get more minutes off the bench from CQ...! He has tendencies to abandon team tactics & cowboy his own moves ..!! But then again some of his risky dribbling & attacking moves are the ones that sparks us up a good scoring upportunity as well ..!
                      I have a feeling he will end up becoming the Khalatabri of this World Cup Omission from traveling squad...!?

Comment

Lak - 6.5. Looked like a good option.
                        Ghafouri - 6.5. Good work rate at his age
                        Kanaani - 7.5
                        Cheshmi - 8. Both new CBs looked solid and comfortable on the ball
                        Hajsafi - 5. Didn't have a great game in the attack or defence. He's a midfielder.
                        Ezzatolahi - 6. Did fine
                        Torabi - 6.5. New position for him. Playing as a Mezzala' or RCM. Worked hard. Runs like mad man.
                        Ahmadzadeh - 6. Again did fine.
                        Ghoddos - 7. Played slightly out of position for my liking. Want to see him in a free role. Still showed his class and really has it all.
                        Ansarifard - 6.5. Didn't actually play well, but scored two goals, had a Taremi performance.
                        Rezaei - 6. Didn't do too bad. Worked hard. Tried a lot. He's a good option.

Ghoochannejhad. 5. Didn't do much
                        Aghaei 5.5. He needs to calm down. Bit too hectic.
                        Hosseini. 6
                        Imani 6.5. Very impressed with him, didn't know who he was. Looks like a very skillful midfielder, could be a surprise.
                        Ebrahimi 7. He's a beast

MR QUERIOZ 10!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          You may think my marks are low, but honestly they don't deserve much higher because the team really wasn't firing on all cylinders. Overall good experience though. I just wish Togo had attacked our team more so we could test our defense and goalie more.
                          Lak - 6 - not challenged
                          Ghafouri - 7
                          Cheshmi - 7
                          Kanaani - 7
                          Hajsafi - 3 - doesn't defend. He's a horrible defender, seriously watch him - I don't think he has ever take a ball of a opponent who is facing the goal.
                          Abdollahzadeh - 6
                          Ezzatollahi - 6 (Average)
                          Ghoddos - 7 - good drive and hustle and attcked. Good debut considering he has barely trained with the team.
                          Torabi - 7.5 - best player in terms of running and being in the right place. Needs more exposure against big teams. I hope CQ gives him some time against the Russians.
                          Ansarifard - 6 - scored 2 but honestly his passing was shit, his running was shit, and his hustle was shit.
                          Rezaei - 6.5 - good hustle.
                          Aghaei - 6 - I hope Mohammadi is injury free for the WC.
                          Hosseini - 6.5 - always good
                          Ebrahimi - 6 - good assist, but I feel he is lagging physically
                          Imani - 6 - am i the only one who thinks he's really slow?
                          Amiri - 5 - no energy, no strength. so lethargic.
                          Gucci - 6 - wasn't fed at all.
                          I'm too lazy to rate the players + i watched the game on
                          my phone.. So i go with nokhodi ratings and comments except that i think that Ebrahimi is a unvalueble player maybe not so physical but he is not that type of player either. His defending skills and the ability to read the game stealing the ball from opponents left and right, good passning good shoot plus his ability to attack such a smart player that I think he is unvalueble for us.

Standout players for me was Torabi, Imani, Ghoddos, Cheshmi, and also Rezaei first time I saw him live good hustle and amazed by how physical and big he is he could be very handy against physically strong opponent.
                          All in all a Good game by TM and I'am very satisfied with the new injections Kaananizadegan, Cheshmi, Ghoddos, Rezaei, and Imani.

And last but not least hail to King Quieroz!!

Comment

My take aways:

- Ghoddos is ready to start for us. Still needs to get used to his teammates, but he showed his quality already.
                            - Holy shit its painful to watch Ezattolahi out there. He has the coordination and grace of the butler from the adams family. Ebrahimi needs to start over him immediately.
                            - Ansarifard is purely a poacher. Other than the easy goal he's a waste of possession.
                            - Rezaei and Ansarifard still haven't shown me they should start over Sardar or Taremi.
                            - Cheshmi should start next to PAG. The future is now.
                            - Hajsafi is a poor wingback. He is an incredibly poor defender. Mohammadi is light years better than this guy.
                            - All our Keepers are about the same. All have strengths but also glaring weaknesses.
                            _ I like Torabi. I think he can be used as an important sub.
                            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

During the anthem, I mistook Kanani with a bodybuild PAG. I was wonder what PAG was eating in Qatar to become so muscle lol.

Is Kanani is better than PAG?

Comment

Working...
                              X