Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am confused, can someone explain to me what CQ and Karimi are bickering over? What did Karimi say?

Comment

Portuguese article about Queiroz:

"Carlos Queiroz. At the crossroads between history and memory!

He left work in Iran and became one of the few coaches to get four world rankings. If it hits a fifth, it will be unique. "It's a beautiful dream!" He says.

The path separating my hotel from the Academy of the Iranian Federation is pasty, traversing snow-lined training camps that sometimes go well beyond the height of freezing toes.

Despite the fact that players have to do specific physical or technical jobs with their young team of collaborators, Carlos Queiroz knows that these days have been absolutely conditioned by an inclement weather that has devastated the country since it was not seen for more than 30 years. That is why, in the comfort of the air-conditioned room of his office, he devotes himself more and more to the bureaucratic questions that surround him every day, if he were more than a simple selector, assuming a more similar role with the managers of English clubs, such as intervention in administrative areas.

"I have the supreme satisfaction of having left a job done," he says while showing us the facilities of the academy. "When I got here I did not have any of it. Working conditions were incomparably worse. I had to go into some wars, but when I leave, I will give the key to this building to the great figures of Iranian football, like Ali Daei, and I will say: take advantage and use all this to guarantee the future of Iranian football. "

Ali Daei, known as Shariar the King, is the current coach of Persepolis, the most powerful club in the country, with strong connections to the government apparatus that make opponents complain permanently of favors. But we are in Iran and there is not much to do about it. Daei, 48, reached the top of his playing career in the 1998-99 season when he signed a contract with Bayern Munich from Arminia Bielefeld. He still made more than 20 games for the Bavarians, but would go to Hertha Berlin the following year.

He was in the World Cups of 1998 and 2006, which gives him a unique status.

Carlos Queiroz is simply deified by the Iranian fans, and it can be said without a doubt that in this country, all men, women and children are absolutely fanatical about the game invented by the English.

The dream It becomes impossible to have a quiet dinner with the Iranian picker at the same table. The advances are continuous. Requests for constant photos. Effusive thanks: "Thank you for everything you have done for our country. 'Mers'! "

The second consecutive qualification for a finals of a World Championship conquered at the head of the "Team Melli", as they call the national team here, raised the magical aura of Carlos Queiroz to the pinnacles. For him, personally, another important number: is his fourth qualification. "To get a fifth place for a World Cup would be a dream. He would be the only one in football history to do so. We will see if this possibility can be realized. I realize that I'm getting tired of this never ending travel around the world and this forced distance from the family. Someday I'll have to stop and enjoy what's left of my life. "

It is recalled that Carlos Queiroz has been in South Africa (2002), Portugal (2010) and Iran (2014 and 2016). Political intrigues within the South African federation prevented him from being on the bench in South Korea and Japan. Five months from now he will be in Russia, with Portugal, Spain and Morocco as opponents in the first round. "It's good to start with Morocco. We will be on high ground. Then it's expected that one of the other two will get crushed from the debut game. Only then can we dream of anything. ""

https://ionline.sapo.pt/artigo/60059...a-e-a-memoria-

Comment

TM recovery practices continue at PEC.

Apparently CQ has invited Iran's Wushu National Team coach (Hossein Ojaghi) to TM as a coach.
        He probably helps with fitness and stamina and flexibility.

http://90tv.ir/news/440941/%D8%A8%D8...B1%D9%88%D8%B4

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          TM recovery practices continue at PEC.

Apparently CQ has invited Iran's Wushu National Team coach (Hossein Ojaghi) to TM as a coach.
          He probably helps with fitness and stamina and flexibility.

http://90tv.ir/news/440941/%D8%A8%D8...B1%D9%88%D8%B4

That's excellent. I do taekwondo and I know how vital flexibility is for footballers. It's something that has been neglected by a lot of coaches. But footballers find themselves in unusual positions a lot during a match, they need to be flexible and supple enough to be able sustain it.

Queiroz is truly revolutionising our football.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
            That's excellent. I do taekwondo and I know how vital flexibility is for footballers. It's something that has been neglected by a lot of coaches. But footballers find themselves in unusual positions a lot during a match, they need to be flexible and supple enough to be able sustain it.

Queiroz is truly revolutionising our football.
            Flexibility is key in life. No matter what you do or your body type.
            Our grandparents used to tell us to stretch in the morning for good reason.

Helps prevents alot of injuries and leads to good core strength.

Now someone is going to complain and ask why does the fitness coach not have a football coaching license

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Flexibility is key in life. No matter what you do or your body type.
              Our grandparents used to tell us to stretch in the morning for good reason.

Helps prevents alot of injuries and leads to good core strength.

Now someone is going to complain and ask why does the fitness coach not have a football coaching license
              Yep, the reason why your grandparents told you to do that is called Myofascial Release (MFR), basically a layer of tissue (Fascia) that forms around muscle each night, which needs to be released by dynamic, static and 3D stretching or by foam rolling.

Haha he's not teaching them how to kick a ball.

Comment

He’s teaching them how to properly kick the shit out of Pepe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                  He’s teaching them how to properly kick the shit out of Pepe

[emoji23][emoji23] should've just brought Kaabi for that.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                    [emoji23][emoji23] should've just brought Kaabi for that.
                    Can we just bring Kaabi to sub on for the last 10 minutes so I can see him tackle Ronaldo again ?

He’s still like 25 right ?

AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Can we just bring Kaabi to sub on for the last 10 minutes so I can see him tackle Ronaldo again ?

Lmao!

Comment

Reality is he is the Captain of a PGPL team and he is 44 years old. The man is a legend.
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Dame CQ vaghean garm!!!!! What a coach!!!

This is what TM players need:

Comment

https://www.isna.ir/news/96120501717...B1%D9%88%DB%8C
                            Uzbek sources claim that UFF has reached an agreement with CQ in Dubai to coach them from July 2018.
                            Also according to championat.com, President of Uzbekistan Football Federation (UFF), Umid Ahmadjonov, has reached a verbal agreement with Queiroz!

https://www.uzdaily.com/articles-id-42855.htm

UFA reach agreement with new coach
                            23 February 2018 16:41
                            Tashkent, Uzbekistan (UzDaily.com) -- Uzbekistan Football Association (UFA) reached an agreement with new head coach of Uzbekistan national team, the association said in a statement.

However, the association said that it will not announce name of new head coach of Uzbekistan till July 2018.

UFA First Deputy President Umid Akhmadjonov flied to Dubai (UAE) to finalize negotiations with new Uzbekistan’s head coach.

New head coach of Uzbekistan is currently preparing his team to 2018 FIFA World Cup, which will be held in Russia. New coach asked UFA not to disclose his name till the end of the World Cup.

Foreign coach will start to train Uzbekistan after end of the World Cup. Till July, Council of Coaches of the UFA will organize training and friendly matches.

Earlier it was reported that Carlos Queiroz of Portugal can become head coach of Uzbekistan national team.

Comment

Surely not. Obviously he would only accept due to $$$ but equally, there must be a lot of potential federations who could outbid the Uzbeks, no?

Comment

God, I wished we could keep him longer. Like until the next WC!

Comment

Working...
                                X