This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
    Iran's very first game in the WC 2018 will be against on of these 4 pot 4 teams , Morroco,Panama,Serbia or Nigeria.
    It would be crazy if we draw Nigeria again. Then we will have the replica of our first match in WC2014 against Nigeria again again! I hope we get Panama but I actually think we could even beat Nigeria this time around. If we could draw them the last WC with the shitty team we had, we can definitely beat them this time. The only thing is, they are not gonna underestimate us anymore.
    sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
    >-----------------<
    Marg bar dictator
    >-----------------<

Comment

Taj : TM will have a minimum of 32 to 40 day camp in Russia priror to the start of the WC and it will cost about $2 million.
      Daaaaamn [emoji108]

Comment

No it doesn't matter because Iran can not and will not be placed with the other 4 Asian teams of pot 4
        That is not what i mean. Lets say Iran is drawn with Germany and Uruguay in group B for example. Germany will be placed in position B1 automatically. Uruguays position will be drawn. If their position is B2 then yes we will play our first match against the teams you mentioned. But if their position is drawn B3 then our position will be drawn B2 or B4 and we will play our first game against Germany or Uruguay.
        Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Oh I see what you mean , hhmmm well that what I read in both tasnim and fars news

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
            It would be crazy if we draw Nigeria again. Then we will have the replica of our first match in WC2014 against Nigeria again again! I hope we get Panama but I actually think we could even beat Nigeria this time around. If we could draw them the last WC with the shitty team we had, we can definitely beat them this time. The only thing is, they are not gonna underestimate us anymore.
            Why was our Team shitty in WC14`?

I think the players were better.
            sigpic

Comment

Taj : TM will have a minimum of 32 to 40 day camp in Russia priror to the start of the WC and it will cost about $2 million.
              that is good, we can gel well and work our asses off, come on iran! and come on CQ

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post

Are you serious? We were better in one department and one only - defensive midfield. And even then ando and javad were aging massively. We played khosro heydari at right wing ffs. Now we have young, vibrant, players that represent true European quality in our offensive positions. ARJ in peak form, Ghoddos in peak form, Kaveh Rezaei, if azmoun can get his act together we all know he can do it vs the very best, taremi, an in form ansarifard, a younger, physically stronger DM in ezatolahi ( also in good form). No comparision our team now is better. Not to mention a phenomenal left back in milad mohammadi who is fantastic in offense and defense, and a similar player on the right back with ramin or vouria.

Comment

I think TM is doing well in the attacking section and I am very satisfied with the selection of players in the attacking half of the field. How well will they do against worldclass defenders in WC is yet to be seen though.
                  I am more worried about our defense. Especially in the center of the defensive line where we only have Pouraligangi who is both young and talented. J. Hosseini is rocksolid but he is an ageing player and I think he could be all right for 60 minutes or so in the first and maybe the third match in the groupe stage. But we need mere quality players in CD positions. In reality we need at least two more young and solid central defenders but there are none at the moment!!!
                  sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                  >-----------------<
                  Marg bar dictator
                  >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post
                    Player by player and the team as a whole is way better now than 4 years ago. It is not only me saying this. It is CQ himself that rate the current team way higher than 4 years ago. We had practically none experienced and dangerous attackers than Gucci. Right now we have him + Azmoun + K. Rezaei + Ansarifard + Jahanbakhsh who all have european club football experience. We also have Taremi. We have talented young players like Pouraliganji, Milan Mohammadi, Ezzatollahi, Saman Ghoddos etc. that we didn't have last WC.
                    sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                    >-----------------<
                    Marg bar dictator
                    >-----------------<

Comment

Is there a video of taj explaining the camps and stuff?

Comment

Bacheha yek khaheshe kochoolo. Daram herse in arabaro dar miyaram dar YouTube, dobare shorooh kardan 2-1 Azadi mikonan lol. Chize digei nadaran began. Manam comment zadam. Age YouTube darin berin zire comment Arash Aryan commente mano like bokonin dametoon garm.

https://youtu.be/f55O5QdveJQ

Are midoonam, daram vaght talaf mikonam ama khodaeish michasbe

Comment

With the core earning their trade in Europe, therefore greater experience and level of fitness
                          Lower average age
                          Higher team spirit, morale and comradery
                          Better backup players in every department
                          Better-ish quality preparation
                          Improved tactics with introduction of pace and physics

This team is and will be a head and shoulder above 2014.

CQ learnt a lot from a drained TM in the third game against Bosnia!
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                            With the core earning their trade in Europe, therefore greater experience and level of fitness
                            Lower average age
                            Higher team spirit, morale and comradery
                            Better backup players in every department
                            Better-ish quality preparation
                            Improved tactics with introduction of pace and physics

This team is and will be a head and shoulder above 2014.

CQ learnt a lot from a drained TM in the third game against Bosnia!
                            Effectively we are two players deep ( or more) with no loss in quality for all positions except left back and defensive midfield.

GK : Beiranvand / Mazaheri

RB : Rezaeian/ Ghafouri

CB : Hosseini,PAG,Montazeri,Cheshmi

LB : Milad only

DM: Ezatolahi ( clearly best option), Hajsafi/Karimi,Abdollahzadeh/Ebrahimi all vying for the role alongside him, although two will have to start in the first game.

AM : Dejagah/Masoud ( if no masoud we have no alternative in this position)

Wingers ( 2) : ARJ,Taremi,Ghoddos,Amiri,Torabi,Alipour

Striker : Azmoun, Kaveh Rezaei, Ansarifard, Gucci

Comment

My guess is that CQ is working on cover for Dejagah. The fact that he hasn’t got a club to keep match-fit and Masoud is seemingly made unavailable to him must be concerning him.
                              Watch the space for a new one or two characters being added between now and Russia 2018. I really can’t see anyone within the current crop, covering for Dejagah or Masoud role- they are special players. There are fringe players like Imani and even Abdollah-Zadeh that could make way for fresh blood.
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I can’t imagine Ashkan missing out on this World Cup. A clubless Dejagah has proven to be an influential figure on the field for us. I hope he finds a club soon though.

Comment

Working...
                                X