3 reasons to be extremely proud today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 reasons to be extremely proud today!

I know we are all emotional human beings and feel pissed when we don't win against an inferior opposition at home and also fail to extend our clean sheet run. But we must not forget the big picture, which is extremely bright in so many aspects.

1) We qualified as the second team in the world, the first team in Asia, with two games in hands and eventually finished as the team with most points in Asia, the only unbeaten team in Asia and seven points clear of our nemisis South Korea. Absolutely amazing.

2) We are probably the strongest national team in the world when it comes to defense. Despite changing personell on all defensive positions we maintained a clean sheet until we qualified and even as ten men in big game afterwards. We had several games in which we allowed quality opposition no single effort on goal. And, not to forget, we broke a world record for most successive clean sheets in WCQ in between. Who would have ever thought that of Iran?

3) We have young team and for most positions we have at least one solid backup. We constantly changed players and still remained the strongest side in Asia. On some positions we really have too mane options, so that successful European legionnaires are not even called up at times. When you look back at other successful generations, like 1998 or 2006, that never closely was the case.

So cheer up. Much can happen, there is no guarantee for success at the World Cup. But chances are better than ever before. And hopefully for years to come.

This has been the best qualification campaign ever, we were undefeated when every other top side in Asia struggled, we have every reason to be proud. One bad goalkeeping performance doesn't make for a bad campaign, EVERY other top side slipped in Asia more than us.
    Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

yah only a 3-0 or so score for Iran would have made sense. This game show we can't not execute at the lowest level.. You can have a pretty engine on paper but it needs to perform otherwise it's just a block of metal.

I wouldn't bet on this teams success of any kind in the WC. We're still unpredictable and can fail easily.

Comment

Good post as usual MR. The goal keeping situation is worrying again, some how since Rahmati's good days about 7-8 years we failed to develop any half decent keeper. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see 2014 goal keeping situation all over again, the number one spot will be open to grab i guess!

Comment

Only issue is our keeper. Beiranvand NA Nemige vaghti toop miad tarafesh

Comment

Question for all the TM fans: in the last 5 qualifications, has this every happened? I do not recall us making it to the world cup without losing at least 1 game!

what about the rest of rivals? Japan, Korea, KSA?!?
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Thank you for the great thread MR jaan!

The fact that for the first time in the history of our WCQ adventures we managed to qualify 2 matches prior to the end of the qualifier road by itself is the most amazing achievement every one of us should pride and boast about. We have all experienced the torturous and agonizing qualifying games in the past editions of WCQ roads, therefore we well know how precious and valuable this qualification was.

Of course losing the clean sheet record was a big bummer, but so what? Every single team has its ups and downs and can never perform its best. Look at the bright sight, we did not lose a single game and conceded only 2 goals in the entire journey.

We have the youngest team we have ever had during the WCQs and we have one of the best coaches we could have wished for who stands up for all of us against the corrupt and incompetent IR system.

Chins up and be proud of our boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                Question for all the TM fans: in the last 5 qualifications, has this every happened? I do not recall us making it to the world cup without losing at least 1 game!

what about the rest of rivals? Japan, Korea, KSA?!?
                No that is the first time for us, Saudi in 2006 and Aussie in 2010 qualified without losing a game.

Comment

Originally posted by PayamPersia
                  All in all was an impressive campaign but lets take some notes from our game today.
                  We always struggle against Teams who play physical game, play with heart and psychological
                  warfare like wasting time. These i the reason why we most of the time have difficult time against Teams
                  like Iraq, Syria, KSA and Jordan.
                  We were today the better side but missed to many chances and doesnt play our counter attacks
                  in an effective and clinical way. This we have to learn from the syrians who always playe dangerous
                  passes behind the defence and run sharp in the free space. We really need to work on our attacking skills
                  and here one can see the impact of Ezatolahi who has the creativity for deadly passes for Azmoun or Gucci.

In this whole campaign Turkmenistan and Syria were our toughest opponens. Against both we thought that we would
                  have an easy win in fron of us. Against both we had more possession and try to breake their defence.
                  And Both Teams could score against us because we were more focused to score than to defend. These kind of games
                  are very important to prepare TM for the WC. Remember when we faced Bosnia and we had to attack and play for the win...
                  We totally lost our structure and lost to them. We also fail to create many chances or pressure on their defense.

So all what i want to say is: We need t improve our creativ/attacking game andbe more clinicalwith our
                  counter attacksif we want to be successfull in WC:
                  Turkmenistan we crushed them first half but we put away 0 of our chances then we became complacent as fuck with the " we Wil just turn up and win attitude" and attitude that the Koreans and Austrilaians have had a lot this campaign.
                  Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    Only issue is our keeper. Beiranvand NA Nemige vaghti toop miad tarafesh
                    Welcome back my brother! [emoji1360]

Our goalkeeping is one of our most worrisome positions TBH. Hope Haghighi keeps up his current good form in his club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^ Biravand rode on a lot of luck in club games too but it don't alwasy go ur way.

If this game was rigged, they really pulled it and whoever in charge would be a prime candidate for chinese mafia who fix most games internationally. Amazing job at the last min, FIFA inquiry bullet-proof!.

I didn't watch the whole game so I can't be the judge but lack of solid execution is problematic. Time and time we don't realize how important it is to squash them at azadi (ask ali daei re Iran vs Saudi in WCQ)

Seeing sore faces at a celebration would have been a disaster.

Comment

I love and appreciate your words Martin jan! I also love and appreciate your optimism and positivity. You posted the truth

We did very well on the road to Russia 2018 and we should all be proud of our team. We will learn from our mistakes! If you think Carlos and Team aren't watching film, or if you think that Carlos will just forget about the blemishes from today's display, you guys are wrong! We will come back stronger and we will come back better! So keep your heads up!

Congratulations to everyone on PFDC/to all Iranians and especially Team Melli fans on an amazing WCQ'ing campaign!

Team Melli

Carlos Queiroz

Martin-Reza

Comment

We need more threads like this!

Comment

https://72smalldive.files.wordpress....sy-outlook.png

with these glasses every thread would be rosey (not sure why its pink)

Comment

Working...
                            X