Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

|Vote| Who is the best Iranian never to play for the national team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

|Vote| Who is the best Iranian never to play for the national team?

1) Past players please, who were eligible for Iran (i.e. not those who ended up playing for other nations)
    2) Feel free to suggest another one if not included
    3) Don't get angry if you haven't heard of someone on the list
    Hossein Abdi
    3.33%
    Sharu Naraji
    10.00%
    Mahmoud Karimi
    36.67%
    Ershad Yousefi
    0%
    Adel Kolahkaj
    6.67%
    Ali Alizadeh
    3.33%
    Alexander Nouri
    3.33%
    Behshad Yavarzadeh
    0%
    Homayoun Shahrokhi
    3.33%
    Serjik Teymourian
    13.33%
    Arash Naeni
    3.33%
    Other (please name)
    16.67%

Daniel Karbassiyoon.

Comment

Ferydoon Fazli for sure

Comment

i emmber serjik was not bad, but back then we had alot of good forwards also

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
          I was thinking of putting him in but I remember in an interview that he didn't identify himself as Iranian.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
            Ferydoon Fazli for sure
            Damn I didn't include him because I thought I remembered him playing for Iran but looks like it was the B-team...

Comment

Mahmoud Karimi during his prime was actually a half decent player. Just like Fazli he at least deserved to be capped few matches.

Comment

I voted Mahmoud Karimi too because for a time he was the most exciting player in the league and no one understood why he wasn't invited. He deserved at least one cap.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  i emmber serjik was not bad, but back then we had alot of good forwards also
                  Too bad you don't "emmber" that he was actually a CDM.

Comment

From this list Abdi. In addition I'd add Jokhtapour and Sabihsaran.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      From this last Abdi. In addition I'd add Jokhtapour and Sabihsaran.
                      I watched Joghtapour play many times, he indeed deserved a call. I think he was invited to TM couple times but never played a match. Sabihsaran was good also.

Comment

Hossein Papi or Farzad Hosseinkhani
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Behrang Safari

Comment

Who is the best Iranian never to play for the national team?

Even though Yaghoub Karimi has 6 caps for Iran (and scored a few times), they're all B-teams and low-class friendlies.

I remember around 4 years ago when I made a video of him, he had a killer eye for goal. I thought he will definitely make to Europe with his shooting abilities, but it seems like his career didn't pan out that way.

https://youtu.be/xjsdgmeISiA

Comment

Mahmoud Karimi for sure!

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              I voted Mahmoud Karimi too because for a time he was the most exciting player in the league and no one understood why he wasn't invited. He deserved at least one cap.
                              It was extremely weird why he wasn't invited for such a long time. When he was finally invited after many years, he turned down the invitation and said he wanted to concentrate on his club. I guess anyone who deserved to play in TM would do the same if they were neglected for so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X