Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of people here are upset that Brighton are not good enough, whereas I'm worried that he might not even be a starter for Brighton because of Knockeart. He's a fan favourite and after recovering from his family issues or something like that, he looked really good and like his old self. Can't remember exactly against which big team it was, but he looked amazing in that game- it was towards the end of the season.

So yeah, he better adjust quickly. I am not a fan of this move because I don't think he is suited to the prem- would have rather he go to an mid-upper tier bundesliga side where he would get guaranteed minutes in a league that suits his style better. Also this record of goalscorers going from Eredivisie to the prem is worrying. Still, Alireza's more than capable of performing for Brighton, and I can't wait to watch him play. Hope he's given enough chances.
    Chelsea FC || Esteghlal || Team Melli

Comment

There is no downside to this. He goes, starts there immediately (most likely) and if he plays well, he will be snatched up by a "bigger team."

Leicester City has the shadow of Mahrez still looming large. The fans want his replacement to immediately fill his place.

ARJ will have some time at Brighton to adapt to perhaps the best league in the world while playing the best in the world. Do not think there is much of that same window at Leicester.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        And btw, ARJ is by no means our most talented player or "golden boy". We have had many players in top teams in germany, including bayern munich, players like Ezatolahi and Azmoun performing very well in champions league matches just over a year ago, ghoddos tearing up arsenal in europa league action.

ARJ got where he is because he had some talent but mainly a lot of hard work and excellent attitude. This is what should stick with you about him, and why I think of our players he can be the most successful in the mentally demanding environment of PL.
        Alireza is most certainly our golden boy and most talented player. He's the only real deal (or something close to it) that we have in world football. Top scorer in Eredivisie is a completely different planet to whatever the fuck Azmoun or Ezatollahi has done. 2 goals against Bayern and Atleti don't override years of mediocrity for unknown Russian sides, his goalscoring record in club football (as a striker) is absolutely appalling. Azmoun is going to go nowhere, no matter how much Iranians think he's good enough for Arsenal or Liverpool or whatever. Ghoddos is at least a bit closer to Alireza for sure though, he has what it takes- and if he consistently plays well then he might work his way up for now but for now he is playing in the Swedish league and Alireza is our biggest hope by far to make some sort of mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Arshia42 View Post
          A lot of people here are upset that Brighton are not good enough, whereas I'm worried that he might not even be a starter for Brighton because of Knockeart. He's a fan favourite and after recovering from his family issues or something like that, he looked really good and like his old self. Can't remember exactly against which big team it was, but he looked amazing in that game- it was towards the end of the season.

So yeah, he better adjust quickly. I am not a fan of this move because I don't think he is suited to the prem- would have rather he go to an mid-upper tier bundesliga side where he would get guaranteed minutes in a league that suits his style better. Also this record of goalscorers going from Eredivisie to the prem is worrying. Still, Alireza's more than capable of performing for Brighton, and I can't wait to watch him play. Hope he's given enough chances.
          theyre not signing him for 30 million EU to bench him.

Comment

Originally posted by Arshia42 View Post
            Alireza is most certainly our golden boy and most talented player. He's the only real deal (or something close to it) that we have in world football. Top scorer in Eredivisie is a completely different planet to whatever the fuck Azmoun or Ezatollahi has done. 2 goals against Bayern and Atleti don't override years of mediocrity for unknown Russian sides, his goalscoring record in club football (as a striker) is absolutely appalling. Azmoun is going to go nowhere, no matter how much Iranians think he's good enough for Arsenal or Liverpool or whatever. Ghoddos is at least a bit closer to Alireza for sure though, he has what it takes- and if he consistently plays well then he might work his way up for now but for now he is playing in the Swedish league and Alireza is our biggest hope by far to make some sort of mark.
            maybe out definition of golden boy is different. But in terms of talent, there is no doubt ARJ is not our most talented. I would say Gholizadeh has more natural talent than him

Comment

He'll be given chances, my point is that he doesn't have a lot of breathing room if it takes him time to adjust- because of Knockeart return to form. If Knockeart continues playing the way he is, then there's every chance that Alireza ends up being a rotation player and will have to prove himself on fewer minutes. He's not going there as a guaranteed starter with plenty of room for error/adjustment like people in this thread are making out.

Comment

wtf look at this https://www.instagram.com/p/Bli62WKl...ezajb_official

he is in France !!!

Comment

So he’s posted a picture of himself somewhere saying ‘the journey starts here’

Comment

He just uploaded a pic from Paris with the caption “the adventure starts from here”. What’s going on? He can’t possibly have signed for PSG...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      maybe out definition of golden boy is different. But in terms of talent, there is no doubt ARJ is not our most talented. I would say Gholizadeh has more natural talent than him
                      Great. we'll see where gholizadeh's natural talent will take him, but for now- Alireza fits the definition of "golden boy" that the Brighton user was trying to imply. Alireza is for Iranians easily the biggest hope for one of our players to actually get somewhere and to an elite level- regardless of whether or not you're an exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        So he’s posted a picture of himself somewhere saying ‘the journey starts here’
                        that somewhere is in Paris !!!

Comment

Is he flying from Iran? Maybe he is stopping over in Paris on the way to his location, so that is where his journey starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
                            He just uploaded a pic from Paris with the caption “the adventure starts from here”. What’s going on? He can’t possibly have signed for PSG...
                            This got me excited for no apparent reason even though I know nothing like this will happen in another hezaar saal but thank you!

Comment

All we know is that he has been playing people all along , I like his personality.

Comment

LMAOOO ARJ trolling everyone rn.. In b4 he moves to PSG

Comment

Working...
                                X