Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Persian Gulf Pro League (2017 - 2018 Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HT
    Es Khuzestan 1-3 Perspolis

Rado already had more saves than Beiro in the entire season lol

Comment

I still can't believe a town like Jam wiht 10,000 people has HD broadcasting capabilities, but Ahvaz and Isfahan don't!

Comment

Lol what?
        Resan's mother is from Turkey?

Where did the commentator get this information from?

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
          Lol what?
          Resan's mother is from Turkey?

Where did the commentator get this information from?
          likely his ass

Comment

FT
            Es Khuzestan 1-3 Perspolis

Good result after all the BS the team went through in the past weeks, we could've scored more goals.
            Es Khuzestan players gassed out after 70 mins.
            Last edited by 04041374; 10-12-2017, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I will say it again and again: Alipour for TM. His speed is deadly on the counter attack. Maybe the fastest player in Iran.

Comment

Persepolis wins 3-1 against Est. Khouzestan. Congrats guys!

Next up is Al Hilal on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                  I will say it again and again: Alipour for TM. His speed is deadly on the counter attack. Maybe the fastest player in Iran.
                  I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time. We have 3 forwards in Azmoun, Taremi, and Ansarifard. Those guys have been in Team Melli for 2 years now. Karim has been coached by Carlos since 2011. So in a way it's not surprising that Alipour has not been invited yet.

What is surprising is that Morteza Tabrizi (who's a talented and solid forward for PGL standards) was invited to camp and not Alipour. Again, nothing against Tabrizi. What I'm saying is if Tabrizi gets the call due to is form and current performances then so should Alipour.

My guess is that Carlos is watching Alipour and he knows he's a quality player. But he's waiting for the ACL to be over so that he can add an Alipour who's not under a lot of stress and focused. If that's the case then I believe Carlos is being smart. For example, he knows the high status of FC Porto/Sporting Lisbon, and due to his experience as a top coach he completely understands the stress a player undergoes with League + Europa League/UEFA CL + Hazfi Cup..

So my hypothesis is that Carlos will start working with Alipour once he feels that Alipour is fully ready (mentally and physically).

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                    I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time. We have 3 forwards in Azmoun, Taremi, and Ansarifard. Those guys have been in Team Melli for 2 years now. Karim has been coached by Carlos since 2011. So in a way it's not surprising that Alipour has not been invited yet.

What is surprising is that Morteza Tabrizi (who's a talented and solid forward for PGL standards) was invited to camp and not Alipour. Again, nothing against Tabrizi. What I'm saying is if Tabrizi gets the call due to is form and current performances then so should Alipour.

My guess is that Carlos is watching Alipour and he knows he's a quality player. But he's waiting for the ACL to be over so that he can add an Alipour who's not under a lot of stress and focused. If that's the case then I believe Carlos is being smart. For example, he knows the high status of FC Porto/Sporting Lisbon, and due to his experience as a top coach he completely understands the stress a player undergoes with League + Europa League/UEFA CL + Hazfi Cup..

So my hypothesis is that Carlos will start working with Alipour once he feels that Alipour is fully ready (mentally and physically).
                    I still rather have Tabrizi with the size he brings to the table. Alipour is solid but we still have Torabi ready to go for us along with Ghoddos. What room is there for Alipour esp with the WC creeping up? I feel once Alipour decides to get out of IPL and get his ass to Europe, then CQ will certainly look at him

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      I still rather have Tabrizi with the size he brings to the table. Alipour is solid but we still have Torabi ready to go for us along with Ghoddos. What room is there for Alipour esp with the WC creeping up? I feel once Alipour decides to get out of IPL and get his ass to Europe, then CQ will certainly look at him
                      That is true, Tabrizi is a bigger player who takes advantage of his size. There's always room for another player. The door is open to all Iranian players who want to give their blood, sweat, and tears for the national team.

We have to consider that nothing is said and done. The 23 have not been confirmed. We may be surprised as to who gets cut and who makes the final squad. That's for Carlos and his staff to decide and it's too soon to tell.

Comment

Tabrizi on his good day is among the best in the league, otherwise he is very inconsistent. He scores a hat trick in one game, but disappears for couple of months.

He had a very similar issue last year, when we was among the top scorers in mid-season, but then didn't score for 14 league games.

Comment

Can alipour play right wing

Comment

TM right now needs someone that can play CAM.
                            We have way too many wings and that doesn't work to Alipour's favor.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              Can alipour play right wing
                              I'm sure he'll fit in as a RW if Carlos wants him there. I mean just look at how he played against Al Ahli. He gave them a lot of problems from the right side. He was also the biggest threat from Persepolis in that match.

Comment

Alipour is a classic "goosh". Old timers know what I mean. Unfortunately for him, that position does not exist in a system that predominantly uses 1 forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X