Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Sardar Azmoun's Rubin Kazan form justifies Celtic not pushing club-record deal

Celtic were reportedly considering making an approach for Sardar Azmoun - who would have cost them £10m.

Celtic have not broken their transfer record since paying £6 million for Coventry City striker John Hartson back in 2001.

However, there was a real chance that could have changed in the summer with the Scottish Sun reporting that 22-year-old Iranian international striker Sardar Azmoun was a name on Brendan Rodgers’ radar as he attempted to add more depth to his forward line.

The Rubin Kazan attacker, however, would have cost £10 million – a fee that reportedly had Celtic doubting whether or not they should do a deal. And, in hindsight, they probably made the right decision turning their attention towards highly-rated PSG loanee Odsonne Edouard instead.

Lucky escape?

Because Azmoun, who returned to former club Rubin Kazan in June after they triggered his buyout clause following two impressive seasons with Rostov, has hardly looked like a £10 million striker in the early weeks of the new season.

Azmoun, likened in some quarters to a certain Zlatan Ibrahimovic, has failed to score in nine league appearances in 2017/18 and has been trusted to play from the start on just two occasions. In his most recent outing, he failed to inspire a turnaround when brought off the bench with half an hour remaining in Rubin’s 1-0 home defeat to Ural on Sunday.

Therefore, his barren displays will not have Celtic wondering what might have been. In truth, Azmoun, who was linked with Liverpool and Everton last year (Liverpool Echo), has never been the most prolific of strikers having scored just 12 goals in 35 games for Rostov in two years.

Yet, goals in last season’s Champions League group stage against Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid ensured that Azmoun’s rather middling domestic form had been overlooked in the transfer market."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/09/19...t-pushing-clu/

Comment

Celtic don’t be stupid and go for Torabi!

Comment

Celtic offering 10mio. Khak tu sare Rubin for not taking 18mio of Lazio. Now the guy is not only worth half the money after 2 months... super disappointed of Sardar

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Ugh every time I read about Lazio I get upset, it was such a good opportunity.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

The 20 million euro by isn't even on the bench for the match against Lokomotive right now.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              The 20 million euro by isn't even on the bench for the match against Lokomotive right now.
              Stop talking bullshit they dont even have a match right now.
              Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Their game is tomorrow vs akhmat

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                  Stop talking bullshit they dont even have a match right now.
                  My bad. Mixed up Rostov and Rubin.

Comment

My bad. Mixed up Rostov and Rubin.
                    Rostov lost, meaning that Rubin will go 5th ( Europa League spot ) if they beat Milad's Akhmat tomorrow. If akhmat win then they will be in 5th.

Comment

Both Sardar and Milad starting, kick off in half an hour

Comment

che ajab baba baerdiev ejazeh dad!

Comment

damn gotta work , i see if i can play hookie for a while and watch
                          any good links share please
                          ty

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            damn gotta work , i see if i can play hookie for a while and watch
                            any good links share please
                            ty
                            http://livetv.sx/frx/eventinfo/565753_akhmat_rubin/

Comment

http://live.robinwidget.org/static/f...871416310.html

Comment

hum
                                milmo starting as RW..? in 352

Comment

Working...
                                X