This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    What burned out a talent such as Nikbakht wasn't lack of talent, it was typically Iranian mentality which ruined many talents, obviously at some points the out-field issues, lack of training,parties, and base on some rumors drug put an end to a possible brilliant career. There were interest about Nikbakht from both Atletico and Fener, if you are old enough to remember that time, you shouldn't have made such an statement, it is like saying in 10 years there was no interest for Sardar from Lazio, obviously the media coverage in early 2000 wasn't like today, but he ALMOST sealed the deal with Fener, he even traveled to Turkey, shows how serious the offer was, i think he even confirmed it in Navad program last year(or the year before).
    never would i believe in a million years the Atletico rumors, only saadeh folks would buy that..! to even remotely compare it to Lazio's interest in Sardar is a laugh..! he may have bought himself a short trial there in order to further fuel the bazargarmy but thats about it ..!
    fener perhaps had a slight interest...!!? but the fact it didnt materialize should tell you how much bs was behind that one too..! just a classic iranian bazargarmy to get more money from their clubs..!
    he is a mashadi and i'd love to talk one up too..! but he was by en large a shitt, idiot footballer (and thats the main point i want to get across here )who just thought the world of himself..!
    he also had a reputation for being a big dokhtar baaz, but much about his naaze sense of style and behavior suggested he was more a kooni and not a legitimate gay either..! the guy was a lost soul and annoying one at that..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      never would i believe in a million years the Atletico rumors, only saadeh folks would buy that..! to even remotely compare it to Lazio's interest in Sardar is a laugh..! he may have bought himself a short trial there in order to further fuel the bazargarmy but thats about it ..!
      fener perhaps had a slight interest...!!? but the fact it didnt materialize should tell you how much bs was behind that one too..! just a classic iranian bazargarmy to get more money from their clubs..!
      he is a mashadi and i'd love to talk one up too..! but he was by en large a shitt, idiot footballer (and thats the main point i want to get across here )who just thought the world of himself..!
      he also had a reputation for being a big dokhtar baaz, but much about his naaze sense of style and behavior suggested he was more a kooni and not a legitimate gay either..! the guy was a lost soul and annoying one at that..!
      You can deny it, and i don't think you are old enough to remember that time anyway, so no need to continue this discussion. He had a shitty character and was wasted, but talent wise at his prime he was one of our best players in early 2000 and believe me we had bunch in that time.
      You don't need to be naive to believe a transfer to Fener or even Atletico for a talent such as Nikbakht, when bunch of half a$$ players such as Khatibi, Mousavi, Yazdani found their way to sign with two traditional clubs in Germany(Leverkuzen, HSV). We were talking about a period when our players built a good reputation thanks to people such as Daei, Kia, Bagheri, etc

Comment

This is the video of one of his goals at pretty much the end of his TM career and almost when people called him Khikbakht, talent was there, sadly he was wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          This is the video of one of his goals at pretty much the end of his TM career and almost when people called him Khikbakht, talent was there, sadly he was wasted.
          yet again, he wasn't wasted. he played 73 TM games! And he was a key player for several years for TM.

Comment

Nikbakht was a revelation when he first came on the scene....

But after that he was one of these players who was garbage for so many games, slow, miskicking balls, no footballing intelligence. And awful weight gain/fitness issues. After Khatibi, he was the player who most frustrated the fans in the stadium because he just kept giving the ball away and never wanted to run. Actually probably more as Nikbakht managed to play consistently for much longer than Khatibi.

BUT

When he came up with the goods, they were beautiful to watch. His overhead kick for Iran, his saluting the king of Jordan.

In his case, it's almost worth putting up with the six years of crap (I'm not including 2001 because I genuinely think he was very good that year) for the memories of the few moments of brilliance

Comment

Nobody ran the left flank like Nikbakht. He was like a brick wall very hard to be disposed off the ball but he did lack that I.Q. which is what ruined his career.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
                I always wanted to write this, but then everyone gets teary eyed and tells me it's free speech. Barely any updates here anymore.... :/
                Yeah Gotham is right Kiano jaan. Just see right after your valid point; the discussions and rants continue without even caring at all. I have given up long time ago because like yourself I don't like this @one day champion the next day demon" attitude of our fans. But just see if anyone cares to even take a note!
                sigpic
                SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                IRAN
                - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                  yet again, he wasn't wasted. he played 73 TM games! And he was a key player for several years for TM.
                  He was wasted in the sense that he could have reached places if he had gone to Europe at an early age.

Blazevic discovered the guy but he was the victim of our amateurish league.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    If you are one of Iran's and TM's best players at a time when players like Ali Karimi, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Ali Daei and Karim bagheri were at their top forms, then you're good! You're really good!

At that time, we had much worse players who found their ways to Europe. So it's not a big deal for a player like Nikbakht to get there. It's not as far-fetched as you think.

Comment

So Azmoun went to Rubin and now he is on the bench their?
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                        So Azmoun went to Rubin and now he is on the bench their?
                        He's a hostage, did you expect else?

Comment

Berdyev seems to have an Azmoun fetish. Let the poor kid go. He wants to play for Lazio.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                            If you are one of Iran's and TM's best players at a time when players like Ali Karimi, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Ali Daei and Karim bagheri were at their top forms, then you're good! You're really good!

At that time, we had much worse players who found their ways to Europe. So it's not a big deal for a player like Nikbakht to get there. It's not as far-fetched as you think.
                            like i said yes he was talented...!!
                            but as a whole he simply was dumb footballer and had the typical IPL tunnel vision and couldnt see the big picture on the pitch..!! players like that hardly ever get a serious Look from EU sides, especially so high profile side such as Atletico..! add to that his shitt professionalism and unjustified arrogance, he didnt have chance in hell of an attaining even slightly notable EU career..! many EU clubs run a profitable side venture annually where they offer Trials (for a fee) to some footballers with a minute outside chance of making their squad..! many iranian dalaals use such trials as an effective bazargarmy tool to land their clients a more lucrative domestic deals.

The simple Fact that ultimately Wasnt signed by neither side, (even the often overrated Kiri turkish sides) should tell you that IT WAS MOSTLY BS Bazargarmy than a serious interest in his services.

ps
                            you guys who disagree with me on this issue, might have slight point to the fact that i wasnt purticularly a super avid TM follower during his peak spell (due to life situation) and I have a special disdain for Dumb footballers (even if skillful ) especially Arrogant ones..! such as him or Sadeghian or such goozoos

Comment

Nikbakht ruined his own career and he always had some nasty rumors around him.

With 73 caps, he didn't play for TM in a single major tournament (Asia Cup or World Cup) because he was always injured. There were rumors that his injuries were cover for him doping, and his fear of being caught with more rigorous tournament testing.

He also had poor discipline which was always covered by coaches and teammates.
                              The last straw apparently took place when he was supposed to fly with TM to a training camp. This was back when Daei was in charge. The rumor is that Nikbakht showed up late, possibly intoxicated and had forgotten his passport. Daei didn't embarrass him but that was the last time anyone ever invited him to TM.

He was good at times, but he loved partying and glamour too much to truly be a professional player.

Always will respect him though for his goal and celebration versus Jordan in 2004.

Comment

Nikbakht was great. Superb player but not the biggest footballing IQ to say the least. Sometimes I think he's still playing for TM but calls himself Vahid Amiri now

Comment

Working...
                                X