This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Sardar saved Rostov from relegation the first year and the second year, almost lead them to the title
    Sorry but that's way in the past (two years is a lifetime in the professional football career of a 23 year old). The question is: what could he do for a club now? Kiarash summed it up. I seriously doubt that they could find a good buyer now. Even if they do, I doubt the wisdom of the buyer and I love to be proven wrong.

More and more I think about it he is better off sticking it out with Rubin this season, make an impact (score a bunch of goals and assist another bunch), come back to Team Melli with humility and score a bunch at Asian Cup and do everything he can do to win it all ... and then try to move to a better European club next year at 24.

Comment

I'm pissed by many of his poor decisions, but to remain realistic, he already is a very good striker and he still has the potential to be even better. There will be interest for him and he will not play in Russia for his entire career and he will return to TM and score a few vital goals, so let's get off the guys back for a while and let's see what happens. Otherwise some of us will have a lot to explain when some comments will be dug up in a few years...

Comment

Drogba, Giroud, Klose, Toni, Prso, just a selection of target men strikers who didn't do too bad in their careers even though all at 23 years old had achieved the same level of footballing success as my mother even though they didn't have to battle the hurdles that come with being Iranian. The moral here is, no need to lose your shit, Azmoun has achieved a shit load already, he's about 3 seasons away from being able to be ruled out as a wasted talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
          I'm pissed by many of his poor decisions, but to remain realistic, he already is a very good striker and he still has the potential to be even better. There will be interest for him and he will not play in Russia for his entire career and he will return to TM and score a few vital goals, so let's get off the guys back for a while and let's see what happens. Otherwise some of us will have a lot to explain when some comments will be dug up in a few years...
          Agreed, although I am worried that he will become another Ali Karimi, in the sense that he may never reach his full potential. I hope he will prove me wrong.

Nevertheless I wish him the very best and hope to see him back in TM with a fortified mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            Drogba, Giroud, Klose, Toni, Prso, just a selection of target men strikers who didn't do too bad in their careers even though all at 23 years old had achieved the same level of footballing success as my mother even though they didn't have to battle the hurdles that come with being Iranian. The moral here is, no need to lose your shit, Azmoun has achieved a shit load already, he's about 3 seasons away from being able to be ruled out as a wasted talent.
            I agree with this. Not a wasted talent yet, but the mental aspect of Azmoun is very worrying, and for this reason, people have a right to not to be too optimistic that he fulfills his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              The problem and difference is that you cant compare them to the young players now. The young players have to reach a better lever much earlier. If I look at some layers who are 22 - 25 they are on a completely other level that the 22 - 25 year old players of the last generation!
              sigpic

Comment

Honestly some of us talk as though we know what’s happening in this young boy’s head. Whisked away to play in a continent like Russia, we just don’t know what his particular circumstances are. And let’s not compare him with others. Everyone’s different. Those of us that have kid at his age may not even want him to attend a university too far away from home, this kid was never given the opportunity to decide what’s best for him? As he grows older he will learn and become more experienced in deciding his own destiny. Let’s be patient with him. Personally I don’t think it’s too many years away from a big move.
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                  Honestly some of us talk as though we know what’s happening in this young boy’s head. Whisked away to play in a continent like Russia, we just don’t know what his particular circumstances are. And let’s not compare him with others. Everyone’s different. Those of us that have kid at his age may not even want him to attend a university too far away from home, this kid was never given the opportunity to decide what’s best for him? As he grows older he will learn and become more experienced in deciding his own destiny. Let’s be patient with him. Personally I don’t think it’s too many years away from a big move.
                  I don't think people are being hard on him on purpose. It's because Azmoun is the most talented Iranian player BY FAR. He is wayyyyyyyyyy more talented than Jahanbakhsh. It's sad seeing someone so talented waste it by making poor decisions. I'd rather he try and fail, then not try at all.
                  "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AllStarMomo View Post
                    The problem and difference is that you cant compare them to the young players now. The young players have to reach a better lever much earlier. If I look at some layers who are 22 - 25 they are on a completely other level that the 22 - 25 year old players of the last generation!
                    Lol ok, ever seen a 22-25 years old Messi, Ronaldo, Aguerro, Torres, Higuain, Benzema, Robben, Sneijder, vd Vaart, Ribery etc. Etc?

Comment

I respect your attitude!

People also forget that Karim Ansarifard stayed in Iran until age 24 before going to Europe. Karim didn’t score a single goal for Osasuna and yet he busted his ass and 3 years later he almost won the Golden Boot with Olympiacos.

Sardar went straight to Europe after a year of sitting on the bench at Sepahan under Ghalenoei. He went to Europe as an 18-19 years old. Keep in mind, although many look down at Rubin Kazan, they still have a good developmental program and are technically a European club. A club with the luxuries of having the appropriate facilities, playing friendly matches with EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga clubs and etc.

My point is, sure Sardar is immature and he has a lot to learn. But he’s still young and he has time to make a comeback. When your face is on every tabloid, all over the media as the next striker Target man to take over Ali Daei with the rates in which he scored goal with Iran, at his age being immature doesn’t help with the pressure. Especially playing a World Cup in the country where you play your club football in and have to play in your stadium vs Spain.

I’m not defending Sardar, I’m still disappointed in him. But we should also cut him some slack.

Not ta

Comment

The problem is...it looks like he doesn't WANT to have the opportunity to make his own decisions. He's a fully grown adult now, not some teenager or adolescence.

Many PFDC members went to Kazan this summer and the penny dropped for me there. No wonder Azmoun loves it, it's literally a perfect city for someone of Azmoun's demographic and psychographic background and his family. Considering Sardar is keen to take his family whereever he goes, I am pretty sure his family can much easily settle and live in a city like Kazan (very Central-Asian, many Turkmens there, big muslim population, many Farsi speaking people, etc) than somewhere in Western Europe.

I don't know much about his relationship status, but hopefully (if he doesn't already), he gets a super strong and negging girlfriend (not my ideal type, but Sardar needs it) that will drill him to get the hell out of the comfort zone of city and push him away from having his entire life directed and orchestrated by his family. Davaite poidiom devuchka !!

Comment

i think he simply lost bit of focus a year so ago when too much attention was thrown at him after his brilliant CL and prior league performances ..!
                          he simply has been struggling with Fitness and Form over a year now and that has translated in his inability to perform at high levels were used to seeing for club and NT..!
                          and off course that has resulted with increased mental pressure from impatient fans, which Sardar has regrettably failed miserably to deal with..!
                          he is still very young and massively talented footballer and there is still much hope lying for his future..!
                          yet of late, he comes across mentally immature AF and overly pampered and attached to his mom n pop (who sadly seem to be his Professional Agent and sadly the main folks advising him on a proper career path, knowing diddly squat about this complicated business..! although just like a typical iranians thinking they know better than anyone else whats best for their son..!! )
                          hopefully a sit-down with sir Carlos will sort this kid out ..!
                          meantime, i gotta say, im still somewhat baffled at apparent lack of interest for his services regardless of his latest struggles on the pitch, especially considering his dropped market-rate..??
                          Last edited by BacheLot; 07-26-2018, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Sardar should retire from football and become an actor. He would play the dramatic roles exceptionally well. His first film should be called “young and stupid” lol. I don’t know you guys keep arguing about this guy. He doesn’t want to be big. He wants to stay close to mom and his horses

Comment

We keep talking about him because he is our best talent and we love our TM. We all want the best for him and TM and perhaps we just want him to be like JB and of course we are not being realistic. Sardar does what Sardar does and he doesn't do what he doesn't do. I was in Kazan too and I agree with elnino99 points about the city being a good match for him and his family. I still think the window of opportunity is fast closing for this season and considering his rather ordinary performance at WC and how he handled the pressure by resigning (for now ) from TM, his best bet is to stay put and shine at Rubin and Asian Cup so that he could look for a descent move next year. He should also talk more to CQ and ask for advice (like JB).

Comment

Be honest, how many people here will be singing his praises when he signs with a better European club? A lot shittier strikers have signed with much better clubs. His recent stats will not prevent him from transferring. The money that Rubin will ask is the only possible obstacle.

Comment

Working...
                                X